If You Could Take Back Any One Move The Falcons Have Made--What Would It Be

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

Favre wouldn't have had 1/2 the career he did if he would have remained a Falcon....

I wish the Smiths never would have been the original owners. My late mother-in-law worked for the man who was the other serious bidder (along with the R.J. Reynolds Group) to be the original owner of the Falcons, Lindsey Hopkins....(owned Buick dealerships).

My mother-in-law always swore Mr. Hopkins was a very smart man and that the Falcons entire history may have been altered if he had been the owner instead of the Clampetts.

So, I'll go back to the beginning.

It's hard to predict what would happen if you got back more than a few years; so I would say taking Anderson over Willis.The exact team we have today with an elite player in the middle of the defense instead of a question mark between a rookie and a guy that wasn't in football last year would be great.

Favre wouldn't have had 1/2 the career he did if he would have remained a Falcon....

I wish the Smiths never would have been the original owners. My late mother-in-law worked for the man who was the other serious bidder (along with the R.J. Reynolds Group) to be the original owner of the Falcons, Lindsey Hopkins....(owned Buick dealerships).

My mother-in-law always swore Mr. Hopkins was a very smart man and that the Falcons entire history may have been altered if he had been the owner instead of the Clampetts.

So, I'll go back to the beginning.

That's the sad truth, Brett Favre would be a homeless drunk flashing his junk to passersby in Buckhead if he stayed a Falcon.

Was Clampett the one that tried to get an AFL team here? Smith got cozy with the NFL, which is how he got the Falcons, right?

It could've been worse though, The original team name ideas were the Goobers, Peaches, Baptists, or Yellow Dogs. (Yikes)

Well, it's like this....the more recent it is, the worst it is....so the recent one is taking Jamaal Anderson instead of Patrick Willis.

That being said, once upon a time the Falcons traded two (1994 and 1996) 1st round draft picks for a QB that had a 14-35 career record at the time. Not only was he a losing QB, but he was a complete ********* too. I am, of course.......talking about Jeff George.

The Colts traded the 1994 pick to the Niners, who drafted Bryant Young, who went on to be a 4 time All Pro, and may be in the HOF someday.

The second pick was used on a guy named Marvin Harrison, who may not go to the HOF, but certainly had a HOF worthy career.

So, all things considered, if I could go back in time and undo one transaction, this is it. I would have kept those two first round picks and drafted those two future studs.

No 1 can fault the Vick trade .. The Vick 100 million $ ext was worse

Vick had talent . Our owner baby Michael Vick wheeling him on field like a clown

If we would have brought in a tough nosed HC or kept Reeves and Vick was no hanging dogs

amd showed Vick tough love we would have looked at his era a lil different .

As great as LT turned out he also quit on his team in playoffs .