Is It Stupid To Involve The Practices Without A Contract?

Branton

Guest Fibonacci

I thought now there is a mark on how much you pay guys who are rookies? or did I miss something?

so seeing how there is not that much room to go up and down, makes me wonder why is he holding out. to me if you can only move 50,000 or so (whatever it is); does not seem like a big thing to me. yes I know that is a lot of money to us, but here is my thing. take what you can and prove yourself over the next 4 years and show the world you need to make more

He is practicing under an injury waiver so he is covered incase of injury. Fs micheal griffin of the titans is doing the same thing. He was offered a tender but is holding out for aa long term deal. He still is practicing with his team though.

He will get the same deal, even if he's injured. The only thing he's risking is if he suffers a career ender. In that case he'd be risking the part of the contract that is guraunteed against injury. I guess anything can happen, but it's not a big risk to take IMO.

He is a 5th round pick so i really don't understand how his contract is taking this long to negotiate. I guess they are working out bonuses for sacks or something. He should still practice though, especially if the falcons plan to have him in the rotation. Hopefully he can stay healthy.