Two Massive Rugby Hits 90S Apart

kane#7

Ouch... What is the health of those guys after rugby???

I'd reckon after retirement they would be in much better shape than football players.

The rugby fraternity takes care of their guys, and they actually learn how to tackle properly instead of spearing each other because they arent protected by a boatload of pads.

I'd reckon after retirement they would be in much better shape than football players.

The rugby fraternity takes care of their guys, and they actually learn how to tackle properly instead of spearing each other because they arent protected by a boatload of pads.

explain this then ( at 2:26)

Perfect form tackling. If they taught that in the NFL, there would be far less head injuries.

Which is why I advocate getting rid of all the massive upper-body pads in general.

Without those pads there athletes would be forced to learn correct tackling because if they didnt they would get injured just as bad as the person they are tackling.

Average ABF poster's top 5 sports: 1. NFL 2. NCAA Football 3. NBA 4. MLB 5. UFC

Julian's: 1. Soccer 2. Rugby 3. Tennis 4. Cricket 5. Polo

I do not consider NFL and NCAAF different, since both are football, and Id put Rugby and maybe Aussie rules over UFC.

Average ABF poster's top 5 sports: 1. NFL 2. NCAA Football 3. NBA 4. MLB 5. UFC

Julian's: 1. Soccer 2. Cricket 3. Tennis 4. Volleyball 5. Rugby Union

Distinction must be made with 5. Rugby league is gay.

I dont even see how NCAA football could be popular with people on here. They are a bunch of kids, and arent even paid. I remember either last year or two years ago a punter faked a kick and ran into the endzone, but the play was called back because he was showboating or something like that.....GAY.

Edited by Forever Julian

The two guys who got hit....

1st guy: Mark Gerrard was fear of a fractured sternum but he is playing again this week.

2nd Guy: Lachlan Mitchell will be out a few weeks because he got knocked out and suffered a concussion which usually means that they aren't allowed to play for about 2 weeks at minimum. here is the official IRB standard which must be followed from 5 year olds to Rep rugby ( http://www.irbplayerwelfare.com/?documentid=3)

Also I love this from an article about the hits...

The tackles, both legal, were memorable, not just for their shuddering force, but because Matu'u quickly returned to check on an unconscious Mitchell – an act of sportsmanship he credited to mum Fa'ananafu Farao Matu'u.

She had lectured him after a similarly devastating hit on Western Force No8 Matt Hodgson became a YouTube hit back in week three of the competition.

"After Perth I got back home and I thought my mum would be pretty happy about it, but she gave me the old lecture that, if that was me, I'd want someone to come and make sure I was OK.

"So my first thought was Mum, and I knew I had to go and see if he was OK. I knew [he was hurt], I think I got him right on his chest."

Always do what your mum says.