Holy Bat Balls. And Here I Didn't Think This Admin. Could Get Dumber. Commerce Considers Labeling Arab Americans A Disadvantaged Minority

Guest Deisel

Guest Deisel

The Commerce Department is considering naming Arab Americans a socially and economically disadvantaged minority group that is eligible for special business assistance.

The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) petitioned Commerce earlier this year to ask that Arab Americans be made eligible for the Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), which helps minority entrepreneurs gain access to capital, contracts and trade opportunities.

The ADC petition cited “discrimination and prejudice in American society[,] resulting in conditions under which Arab-American individuals have been unable to compete in a business world.” The group claimed discrimination against Arab Americans increased after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

“The ADC petition asserts that, in the government’s efforts to protect Americans, they essentially took away the rights of other Americans,” according to the notice of proposed rulemaking about the petition.

Commerce is asking for comment about whether there is social and economic discrimination against Arab Americans, along with examples of it occurring. The MBDA will decide whether or not to accept the petition by June 27.

This raises a big question.

In America Arabs were considered white, but after 9/11 I'd say many soon found out that they were minorities that were hated just as much as the blackest of the blacks were.

If you are going to give economic advantages to level the playing field for other hated groups, then you would have to do the same for Arabs.

Guest Deisel

This will not stand the light of day. The arab community doesnt want handouts or minority status, how freakin ridiculus in its own right. Guess what. Most hispanic HATE the minority gig the Govt. spat upon them.

This will not stand the light of day. The arab community doesnt want handouts or minority status, how freakin ridiculus in its own right. Guess what. Most hispanic HATE the minority gig the Govt. spat upon them.

As a Jewish individual I dont think you can definitively make this statement.

The arab community doesnt want handouts or minority status, how freakin ridiculus in its own right.

Apparently the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee disagrees. They are petitioning the government, and the government is asking for evidence to justify their petition. Please explain how this is an example of the Obama administration being "dumb".

And you're not only saying the Arab community is a monolithic group that all think and act alike, you're implying that other minorities are as well and that they DO want handouts (collectively, since apparently they're not free-minded individuals like, you know, white people).

The more people Victomized by American Greatness, or on Wellfare, because We don't provide Enough Opportunity for these people, become Democrat Liberals.......The Truth.

My friend from the Philipines once told me that in his country, if you dont do anything, than You Die!...Good way do Motivate our Disadvantagedwink.png

The more people Victomized by American Greatness, or on Wellfare, because We don't provide Enough Opportunity for these people, become Democrat Liberals.......The Truth.

My friend from the Philipines once told me that in his country, if you dont do anything, than You Die!...Good way do Motivate our Disadvantagedwink.png

And that nation is so big a dump that their women come to be slaves of my girlfriends people in Oman.

My friend from the Philipines once told me that in his country, if you dont do anything, than You Die!...Good way do Motivate our Disadvantaged

francis.jpg