Penn Jillette`s Rant Against Obama`s Drug Use.

Rambler

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deisel

Dont know if you guys caught this last week, but is good stuff.

I did, and the guy is a libetarian and Never did drugs or drank. He is a very smart guy.

Before someone posts something in objection to this thread they need to first listen to the whole Podcast this came from. Penn has some very valid points about all drug related criminals, it's not just a rant about Obama.

I could have done a better job with the title for sure.

This is one thing I agree with Libertarians on big time. Govt get the fu*k outta my personal life and quit trying to control it by wasting billions on a failed drug war.

If we didn't have minor drug offenses how would I fill my prisons? Got to do those state projects and have the prison system make a nice profit on cheap labor.

If we didn't have minor drug offenses how would I fill my prisons? Got to do those state projects and have the prison system make a nice profit on cheap labor.

I realize you're being sarcastic but in all truth deal with it like DUI's. Do what you wish in the privacy of your home etc. but get on the roads impared you should face the consequences thereafter. The higher the level of imparmant the stiffer the punishment.

I realize you're being sarcastic but in all truth deal with it like DUI's. Do what you wish in the privacy of your home etc. but get on the roads impared you should face the consequences thereafter. The higher the level of imparmant the stiffer the punishment.

That would be ideal IMO.

Guest Deisel

I like the message. Good stuff Rambler. 1/6 people in prison for marijuana offenses. Pathetic!

I would agree. I am for legalizing marijauna but like alchohol, you drive on drugs, You go down.

Guest Deisel

Oh shi., I've agreed with you twice in 1 day.

I agree. DUIs would still be a serious offense just like drunk driving. But right now I believe the crack sentencing is like 19 to 1 down from 100 to 1. Lol@ politicians thinking crack is more addictive than cocaine!!!

I support keeping illegal drugs such as coke, heroin and worse out of our country.

They are only illegal because someone deemed it so. I don't support any drug being "illegal". If someone wants to snort coke in the privacy of their own home, what business is it of anyone else?

I support keeping illegal drugs such as coke, heroin and worse out of our country.

Which would be a fine sentiment if we were actually keeping those drugs out of the country. But all we seem to have accomplished in the drug war is to make violent criminals extravagantly wealthy while imprisoning non-violent users. Meanwhile, the drugs are a widely available as they ever were. The drug war is a folly.

Guest Deisel

Which would be a fine sentiment if we were actually keeping those drugs out of the country. But all we seem to have accomplished in the drug war is to make violent criminals extravagantly wealthy while imprisoning non-violent users. Meanwhile, the drugs are a widely available as they ever were. The drug war is a folly.

For all the money spent it would be a better case if the US retracted Money from Mexico, Puerto Rico when drugs are confiscated coming from that country or location. We should use it as a political $$ issue to those countries, seeing as we give so much aid to everyone with seemingly NO strings attached. That away, you take that supposed money, gifted to other countries to support the ongoing operations. Mexico would tighten up immediately.

For all the money spent it would be a better case if the US retracted Money from Mexico, Puerto Rico when drugs are confiscated coming from that country or location. We should use it as a political $$ issue to those countries, seeing as we give so much aid to everyone with seemingly NO strings attached. That away, you take that supposed money, gifted to other countries to support the ongoing operations. Mexico would tighten up immediately.

That happens you're gonna see a whole lot of dead politicians and their family members in not just the US but everywhere the cartels are threatened. Those mo-fo's do NOT play when you start messing with their money. Only real solution is go to REAL war with the cartels and cut them off from the top down. Once that happens the money influence they impose will go away and we as a country can effectivly begin the legalization and decriminalization process.

I never see that happening though because politicians pockets are lined with drug money cash and have no spine what-so-ever.

Guest Deisel

That happens you're gonna see a whole lot of dead politicians and their family members in not just the US but everywhere the cartels are threatened. Those mo-fo's do NOT play when you start messing with their money. Only real solution is go to REAL war with the cartels and cut them off from the top down. Once that happens the money influence they impose will go away and we as a country can effectivly begin the legalization and decriminalization process.

I never see that happening though because politicians pockets are lined with drug money cash and have no spine what-so-ever.

I don't care if the govt officials in other countries get whacked by the cartel. Its abt time THEY stood firm and went after them in earnest. Some have, but the money and power make it difficult. We can cut off AID to these countries and that will get the govt's attention. You're right though, drug money is influencing most everything south of our borders.