Matt Ryan Is Throwing Picks In Ota's: Is It Time To Move On?

I mean is there any die hard football fan right now would be complaining if we have Peyton Manning as our QB and we traded Ryan for a 1st and 2nd and got a future stud rb or Te and more oline depth I live in the now . Peyton Manning is better then Ryan now we all agree . It would have been genius work by TD

No - we don't all agree.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have to look if they were doing 7 on 7 drills. Because if they were, the linebackers can really cheat because they don't have to play the run. So it is pretty unfair for the QB and passing game.

Guest Gritz

I know the original poster's intent of this thread was parody.....but I'm really laughing at the usual suspects who have taken this as an opportunity to yet again dump on Ryan...

After the first couple of sessions of the year's first OTAs...

Dayum, some of y'all need to find other productive hobbies.....like shaving rabid raccoons.

I'd rather him throwing picks during practice trying to do something with the ball than checking down just make sure its a completed pass. If you practice being a chump then sure enough your going to be one when real bullets start flying.

I'd rather him throwing picks during practice trying to do something with the ball than checking down just make sure its a completed pass. If you practice being a chump then sure enough your going to be one when real bullets start flying.

ill take a pick over a punt or a 6 yard checkdown on 3rd and 9 on many occasions. Have to let em hang every once in a while. my fear is that ryan lacks confidence in his abilities. His poor anticipation can be coached up but only if its not a direct result of not trusting his arm. Ive seen ryan throw a nice pass, the td to roddy in the '10 cleveland game was nasty and probably one of his best ive seen, not to mention i got to see it from 50yd line seats behind the falcons bench :). Problem is i havent seen it since. Not to mention pennington has thrown a similar pass as have other qbs you can justifiably classify ryan with. Was that pass just an anomaly? i believe so but were about to find out once and for all this year. I expect to see more picks if we take more downfield shots but oh well in sure a lot of you learned to swim like i did getting thrown into the deep end aNd being told sink or swim.

ill take a pick over a punt or a 6 yard checkdown on 3rd and 9 on many occasions. Have to let em hang every once in a while. my fear is that ryan lacks confidence in his abilities. His poor anticipation can be coached up but only if its not a direct result of not trusting his arm. Ive seen ryan throw a nice pass, the td to roddy in the '10 cleveland game was nasty and probably one of his best ive seen, not to mention i got to see it from 50yd line seats behind the falcons bench smile.png. Problem is i havent seen it since. Not to mention pennington has thrown a similar pass as have other qbs you can justifiably classify ryan with. Was that pass just an anomaly? i believe so but were about to find out once and for all this year. I expect to see more picks if we take more downfield shots but oh well in sure a lot of you learned to swim like i did getting thrown into the deep end aNd being told sink or swim.

I'm not ok with any picks at any time....but if/when they do i'll be less angry if it was picked while trying to make a play down field...not like some wack stuff on a 5 yard hitch like in the Colts game last year.

I see they are trying again to be more "explosive" but imo they should let Ryan stay in his own lane. He will never be Brees or Rodgers due to lack of talent but he can be better with a pure WCO and even more talent than what we have now.

Aikman/Green/Hasselbeck

Edited by Atl/0

ill take a pick over a punt or a 6 yard checkdown on 3rd and 9 on many occasions. Have to let em hang every once in a while. my fear is that ryan lacks confidence in his abilities. His poor anticipation can be coached up but only if its not a direct result of not trusting his arm. Ive seen ryan throw a nice pass, the td to roddy in the '10 cleveland game was nasty and probably one of his best ive seen, not to mention i got to see it from 50yd line seats behind the falcons bench smile.png. Problem is i havent seen it since. Not to mention pennington has thrown a similar pass as have other qbs you can justifiably classify ryan with. Was that pass just an anomaly? i believe so but were about to find out once and for all this year. I expect to see more picks if we take more downfield shots but oh well in sure a lot of you learned to swim like i did getting thrown into the deep end aNd being told sink or swim.

What kind of idiot would take a pick over punt?

I mean is there any die hard football fan right now would be complaining if we have Peyton Manning as our QB and we traded Ryan for a 1st and 2nd and got a future stud rb or Te and more oline depth I live in the now . Peyton Manning is better then Ryan now we all agree . It would have been genius work by TD

Get real for a second. We could not have afforded Peytons contract demands, and he is 36 with potential injuries. We are just fine sticking with Ryan. Have any of you that are raising **** about a INT in practice thought about how many throws Ryan probably makes in practice. Of course they are not all going to be perfect. Practice is where you push yourself, try to make throws that you may not necessarily make, learn new routes. How do we know who's fault it was for the INT, it could have been that the receiver ran the wrong route. Obviously the person that started this thread is not a Falcons fan, but still, just relax people.

The folks on this board that call Ryan a bum crack me up. How many of you can say that your one of the 10 best at your position in the world,not to mention that there are only 32 out there with the same job. You guys sit around on a message board ripping a guy who has already achieved way more then you will in life, makes more money in a year then you ever will. Id say your a **** of alot closer to being a bum then he is. Dont you have a life to be concerned with, or is being a funckin loser livin with your parents bashing succesful people satisfying enough for you. Bums!!!

Get real for a second. We could not have afforded Peytons contract demands,

Yes we could have when you factor in Ryan 13 mil would have been coming off books when we would have traded him for draft picks ... Just imagine we would have traded Ryan for a team that gives us 1st and 2nd round pick Miami Dolphins for example 8th pick and 42nd pick Drafted Michael Brockers at 8 DT pass rush force and with 42nd pick take Joanthan Martin T from Standford to protect Peyton Manning

what do you think we can get for a player like Ryan now who failed to grace top 100 players voted by players he plays with ?

1st and a 2nd ?

1st and a solid defensive starter ?

How long have you been a falcons fan? It's not until the past 4 years the Atlanta Falcons have even been THIS relevant at any time.(exception of one superbowl trip/lose) I'd rather have Matt Ryan than have The Falcons having ANY possibility of looking like the Browns, Dolphins, etc....etc..

Yes we could have when you factor in Ryan 13 mil would have been coming off books when we would have traded him for draft picks ... Just imagine we would have traded Ryan for a team that gives us 1st and 2nd round pick Miami Dolphins for example 8th pick and 42nd pick Drafted Michael Brockers at 8 DT pass rush force and with 42nd pick take Joanthan Martin T from Standford to protect Peyton Manning

Then what happens if Peyton gets injured? is Redmen the answer?

Falcons do not need to go out and reach on an already elite QB, when we have a potentially elite QB that is already playing great on our roster. Why don't you try and have a little happiness in your life, you might enjoy life a little more if you think that the glass is half full for once.

How long have you been a falcons fan? It's not until the past 4 years the Atlanta Falcons have even been THIS relevant at any time.(exception of one superbowl trip/lose) I'd rather have Matt Ryan than have The Falcons having ANY possibility of looking like the Browns, Dolphins, etc....etc..

Been a Falcons fan 25 + years .....I consider being in title games and making trips to super bowl as relevant ...I feel Peyton Manning next 3 seasons would have given us a better shot to win a SUPER BOWL then with Matt Ryan ....As a long suffering fan of this team id rather the GM and owner put a team that has a chance to win a TITLE and fielding the best team then what you called relevant having 4 winning seasons and 0 playoff success...

If you dont feel Peyton Manning would give the Falcons a better chance to win a Super Bowl then Matt Ryan my opinion is you would be wrong cause when all said and done Manning is a 4 TIME NFL MVP WINNER/SB WINNER and imo one of the top 10 greatest QBs to ever play

Then what happens if Peyton gets injured? is Redmen the answer?

Falcons do not need to go out and reach on an already elite QB, when we have a potentially elite QB that is already playing great on our roster. Why don't you try and have a little happiness in your life, you might enjoy life a little more if you think that the glass is half full for once.

What if ? what if Ryan gets hurt ...Redman is our backup ..wouldnt we still be in same boat ..Peyton Manning has checked out by world renowned physicians..He also has a lil motivation now since being let go ..Its taking a chance in LIFE ...You have a top 10 QB of all time hit the market ..they dont come on the market many times ...We still dont know what we have in Ryan ..

Peyton Manning is still a elite QB and we have a couple of key positions in Turner and Tony G that are on last legs ..Peyton Manning would give us the best chance to win a Super Bowl in next 3 years

The team is good but how are we relevant? Nobody is paying any mind to this team around the nation my friend.

Edited by Atl/0

The team is good but how are we relevant? Nobody is paying any mind to this team around the nation my friend.

Yeah thats the ATL sports fan way of thinking ..Its like the Hawks are relevant ..lol but we are not a championship roster so sooner or later there is going to have to come a point where you blow the thing up ..Im just hoping Falcons management is not dumb like Hawks management when we had a chance to let Joe go sign with Knicks instead of giving him a stupid contract just to stay RELEVANT and give Matt Ryan a 100 million dollar contract just to stay relevant..

1. I'd rather have Ryan continue to develop instead of running the risk of getting Manning and he becomes injured, SPEAKING of Manning. should be noted before your"savior" was even a super bowl winner he lost his fair share of post season games and he only got better as the years went on, I see Matt Ryan developing as well. The only thing we're really missing is a post season W and even if we had 1 i'd bet you'd all still complain until we had a Ring. be grateful

Asante Samuel had two picks today in OTA's one off of JPW and another off of Ryan. What they didn't tell you is how many Grimes or, god forbid, Dunta had. I think practice is a good indicator of how players do in the season, and if I'm right about this... Let's just hope TD comes to his senses (if he has any) and cuts Ryan before our defense gets more catches than our receivers.

Its been time to cut Ryan. We probably wont even make the playoffs this year. And if we do Ryan will choke like he always does in postseason.

Guest Gritz

....and the minute Manning got injured there would be thread after thread after thread about TD making a mistake on another injured football player.

rolleyes.gif