Come On Saints. Hurry And Pay Mr. Brees.

Big Bubba

Brees is worth around $23M a year... not just from a talent standpoint, but the fact that the Saints need him now than ever. With Payton out for a year.. Brees is all the more important. If for nothing else than to keep the team focused.

Now stop playing chicken with him.. pay the man his money. and start the overall healing process.

I don't know where they get the money. The contract negotiations have been going on for around a year now.

And by healing, I mean the whole thing with Payton being gone, another captain not being there, with Vilma.. Morale can't be that high right now for the players there..... not as high as it would be with Brees there anyway.

you people need to get a clue laugh.png

Mickey Loomis is one of the best in the business at managing the salary cap. There is no reason for either side to get anything done for another couple of weeks which will allow Loomis to find out if Vilma will be playing this year or not.

We aren't talking about spending $50 here....when you are talking about millions you don't act unless you have all the details available

i look at it like this, if the saints are really a first class organization, they will perservere and be even stronger. if they are pretenders, it will be what the haters want really badly, and that is to become bottom dwellers. i love this regime and believe it will overcome everything to bring another lombardi to n.o. so hate on haters !!

i'll say this, when brees gets inked you all will hear a lot(and i do mean alot) of smack talk coming from the saints fans, and it will be relentless. i myself cannot wait to boast about having the most prolific offense of all time paired with a half decent D(saints don't need an overall good D) with a gigantic chip on their collective shoulders. and don't come at me with this sean payton stuff cos he is now a martyr, and brees and carmichael are more than savvy enough to run this O

Edited by SAINTªANGER

i'll say this, when brees gets inked you all will hear a lot(and i do mean alot) of smack talk coming from the saints fans, and it will be relentless. i myself cannot wait to boast about having the most prolific offense of all time paired with a half decent D(saints don't need an overall good D) with a gigantic chip on their collective shoulders. and don't come at me with this sean payton stuff cos he is now a martyr, and brees and carmichael are more than savvy enough to run this O

Why? Most fans, even the most steadfast Saint haters on the board, believe that Saints and Brees will eventually reach a deal.

you people need to get a clue laugh.png

Mickey Loomis is one of the best in the business at managing the salary cap. There is no reason for either side to get anything done for another couple of weeks which will allow Loomis to find out if Vilma will be playing this year or not.

We aren't talking about spending $50 here....when you are talking about millions you don't act unless you have all the details available

The deal has been in negotiations for a year now. They knew that Brees' contract was a pressing matter. That's what most are critiquing.

The deal has been in negotiations for a year now. They knew that Brees' contract was a pressing matter. That's what most are critiquing.

and Brees got an offer almost that long ago that would have made him the highest active paid QB. Brees and Condon chose to wait until the offseason, not Loomis

Funny Saints can sign all kinda of players, restructure deals...but cant get their franchise QB who is the face of the State under contract. Then people say the Saints dont have much money. If the Saints signed Lofton yet let Brees hold out, i will hold it over Saints fans heads forever. That would be th most epic fail ever in football.

But no one believes Brees will hold out. A deal will get done or he will show up. A deal will get done though. The owe him a lot.

Funny Saints can sign all kinda of players, restructure deals...but cant get their franchise QB who is the face of the State under contract. Then people say the Saints dont have much money. If the Saints signed Lofton yet let Brees hold out, i will hold it over Saints fans heads forever. That would be th most epic fail ever in football.

But no one believes Brees will hold out. A deal will get done or he will show up. A deal will get done though. The owe him a lot.

so what is the point of this thread if everyone believes that the deal will get done? laugh.png

if that is pretty much a unanimous consensus, and the Saints were able to pull in major talent like Lofton and Bunkley at the same time, then more props to Loomis

so what is the point of this thread if everyone believes that the deal will get done? laugh.png

if that is pretty much a unanimous consensus, and the Saints were able to pull in major talent like Lofton and Bunkley at the same time, then more props to Loomis

Lets have a honest poll on who thinks Brees will not be playing this season? I find it hard to believe the good soldier turns his back on them now. I dont see it and im a falcon fan. One of the "good guys" of the NFL. I dont see it. Those Elite players play. I just dont see him sitting out.

and Brees got an offer almost that long ago that would have made him the highest active paid QB. Brees and Condon chose to wait until the offseason, not Loomis

I'm sure Brees and his agent told Loomis and company the range of his asking price, back then. If they didn't think he was worth it then, then surely 5,400+ passing yards helped convince them? I'm just saying.... if there's any player out there that deserves an insane contract... it's Brees. I'm sure they knew the gist of his asking price... They knew what to set aside.....?

I'm sure Brees and his agent told Loomis and company the range of his asking price, back then. If they didn't think he was worth it then, then surely 5,400+ passing yards helped convince them? I'm just saying.... if there's any player out there that deserves an insane contract... it's Brees. I'm sure they knew the gist of his asking price... They knew what to set aside.....?

both were quoted as suspending all negotiations during the season so that Brees could focus on playing. whether that occurred or not, I have no idea

also, Brees isn't the only player needing to get paid...most contracts go up annually so Loomis may not even be looking at this season as the sticking point, but next year. you all have to realize that this contract isn't just about this year....it is about the next 5 years more than likely.

thanks, but I would prefer my GM to tread carefully and make sure he has enough to pay everyone and not sacrifice the team for the sake of one player. Like it or not, we have seen that Brees getting fantastic numbers isn't the only thing that has to happen for us to be successful. It wasn't enough in 2007, 2008, or 2010 (we at least won a playoff game last year)

both were quoted as suspending all negotiations during the season so that Brees could focus on playing. whether that occurred or not, I have no idea

also, Brees isn't the only player needing to get paid...most contracts go up annually so Loomis may not even be looking at this season as the sticking point, but next year. you all have to realize that this contract isn't just about this year....it is about the next 5 years more than likely.

thanks, but I would prefer my GM to tread carefully and make sure he has enough to pay everyone and not sacrifice the team for the sake of one player. Like it or not, we have seen that Brees getting fantastic numbers isn't the only thing that has to happen for us to be successful. It wasn't enough in 2007, 2008, or 2010 (we at least won a playoff game last year)

I understand that the franchise, any franchise, is more important than any one player.

There are some players though that transcend that line of thinking. I just think that Brees is one of those players.

I understand that the franchise, any franchise, is more important than any one player.

There are some players though that transcend that line of thinking. I just think that Brees is one of those players.

I agree to an extent

my whole point is that we don't know what his agent's demands are so any opinion over who is right or wrong is being made without any real facts being available.

I agree to an extent

my whole point is that we don't know what his agent's demands are so any opinion over who is right or wrong is being made without any real facts being available.

i dont think the overall problem is money right now. Theres more to it that fans dont know

i dont think the overall problem is money right now. Theres more to it that fans dont know

as I said, there is rumor that Condon is trying to put some sort of poison pill into this contract to use as a precedent for future contracts.

but all we have is rumor so I am reserving judgement. Again...we still know for a fact that the Saints have offered a contract that would have made Brees the highest paid player in the NFL.

However, without knowing the details/breakdown, that doesn't always mean much

as I said, there is rumor that Condon is trying to put some sort of poison pill into this contract to use as a precedent for future contracts.

but all we have is rumor so I am reserving judgement. Again...we still know for a fact that the Saints have offered a contract that would have made Brees the highest paid player in the NFL.

However, without knowing the details/breakdown, that doesn't always mean much

yep. i was agreeing with you by the way lol

there was supposed to be "either" in that last post. lol

i dont think the overall problem is money right now, EITHER

Fixed

WFW hopes the saints do pour a ton of money on a 33 year old QB...Can you say Pujols?

alley-baggett-043.gif

When he does sign, you can count on 3 years guaranteed....minimum.

That means 3 more years of pain for you.....minimum.

If you think Brees will fade away after 1 or 2 years, you need to find a sandbox now.