My 53

Smiler11

QB. Matt Ryan, Chris Redman

FB. Bradie Ewing

HB. Michael Turner, Jason Snelling, Jaquizz Rodgers

TE. Tony Gonzalez, Michael Palmer, Aron White

WR. Roddy White, Julio Jones, Harry Douglas, Kerry Meier, Kevin Cone, James Rodgers

OT. Tyson Clabo, Will Svitek, Lamar Holmes, Sam Baker

OG. Justin Blalock, Peter Konz, Mike Johnson

C. Joe Hawley, Todd McClure

DE. John Abraham, Ray Edwards, Kroy Bierman, Lawrence Sidbury, Cliff Matthews, Jonathan Massoquai

DT. Jonathan Babinieux, Corey Peters, Peria Jerry, Vance Walker, Travian Robertson

OLB. Sean Weatherspoon, Stephen Nicholas, Spencer Adkins, Jerrell Harris

MLB. Akeem Dent, Lofa Tatupu

CB. Asante Samuels, Brent Grimes, Dunta Robinson, Dominique Franks, Darrin Walls, Chris Owens

S. William Moore, Thomas Decoud,Charles Mitchell

K. Matt Bryant

P. Matt Bosher

LS. Joe Zellenka/Josh Harris

WR. Roddy White, Julio Jones, Harry Douglas,

Kerry Meier, Kevin Cone, James Rodgers

This right here will be one of the most interesting battles of training camp. Kerry Meier has not done anywhere near enough to even ensure himself a place on this team (not a rip on you for having him there, just a general statement) so these are probably 3 most wide open spots on the roster...

just looking at that roster . Does not look like a Super Bowl team .

I will be surprised Baker makes the team and a 3 mil cap hit if he does he will fool coaching staff yet again

Since it does not look like a super bowl team too you, what could we do to make it look more like a Lombardi trophy team? Just asking.

I wouldn't count out Cody Pearcy. The kid is determined. Kevin Cone isn't safe by any means.

I'm going to be livid if Baker makes the 53.

I think you are going to be livid. I hope Baker is out as well, but he is like a bad dream, it just keeps coming back and won't go away.

Since it does not look like a super bowl team too you, what could we do to make it look more like a Lombardi trophy team? Just asking.

Hard to say for 1 season. If a healthy Peyton Manning was on Falcons

and not Ryan I would least feel lil bit more confident about chances in playoffs but overall

Upgrade the other DE ..

Need to bring in a stud DT pass rush force .

OT looks like a glaring weakness and a project

Need to find Turner replacement and Tony G

Bring in a veteran S to have on call for Decoud or Moore ( when he winds up on injury report)

I see more holes in this team more I look at it .

Were strong this year at

DB

WR

RB

any injury to

QB

S

DT

Oline

were in trouble

Hard to say for 1 season. If a healthy Peyton Manning was on Falcons

and not Ryan I would least feel lil bit more confident about chances in playoffs but overall

Upgrade the other DE ..

Need to bring in a stud DT pass rush force .

OT looks like a glaring weakness and a project

Need to find Turner replacement and Tony G

Bring in a veteran S to have on call for Decoud or Moore ( when he winds up on injury report)

Were strong this year at

DB

WR

RB

any injury to

QB

S

DT

Oline

were in trouble

A healthy Peyton would be an upgrade over a majority of NFL QB's. I understand what you are saying .But I am still holding out hope that Ryan can get it done eventually.

Upgrade the other DE- agreed 100% percent +1

Need to bring in a stud DT pass rush force- agreed 100% +1

OT looks like a glaring weakness and a project- you might be right on this one as well. Hope it gets fixed

Need to find Turner replacement and Tony G- I agree with Tony G, however for some reason I still think Turner can get it done. But I wouldn't rule out upgrading getting a faster back that can catch out of the backfield.

Bring in a veteran S to have on call for Decoud or Moore ( when he winds up on injury report) -Lol, and very true

Were strong this year at

DB

WR

RB

any injury to

QB

S

DT

Oline

were in trouble

This is also very true.

I think you are going to be livid. I hope Baker is out as well, but he is like a bad dream, it just keeps coming back and won't go away.

I feel the same way - I didn't particularly want him in there, but I can't see him getting cut unless Holmes looks very good this offseason.

WR. Roddy White, Julio Jones, Harry Douglas,

Kerry Meier, Kevin Cone, James Rodgers

This right here will be one of the most interesting battles of training camp. Kerry Meier has not done anywhere near enough to even ensure himself a place on this team (not a rip on you for having him there, just a general statement) so these are probably 3 most wide open spots on the roster...

I hear ya, but Meier hasn't really been given a chance, whether that is by scheme or injury. He is solid on special teams and I don't see TD/MS giving up on him yet, so I think he's in.

I then look at it as Cone/Calvin and Rodgers/Pearcy if we go with 6 WR's. Cone has a leg up on Calvin seeing as he has a year under his belt and actually got called up to the 53 at the end of last year. Rodgers v Pearcy will be a good battle, but I went with Rodgers as he isn't as raw and gives better flexibility.

Need to cut one of the cbs and add a saftey. And we need a legit #3 or 4 WR. I'm not sold on douglas but after him we have no one. What if White or Jones got hurt? We would be in trouble. The Pats have a ton of WR's so whoever is the odd man out there we should pick up. Like a Gaffney Branch type of WR we need.

Guest TheIdowu

just looking at that roster . Does not look like a Super Bowl team .

I will be surprised Baker makes the team and a 3 mil cap hit if he does he will fool coaching staff yet again

What does a SB roster look like. . . . . .?

nm. . .. i see your post above and agree 100%

Edited by TheIdowu

Need to cut one of the cbs and add a saftey. And we need a legit #3 or 4 WR. I'm not sold on douglas but after him we have no one. What if White or Jones got hurt? We would be in trouble. The Pats have a ton of WR's so whoever is the odd man out there we should pick up. Like a Gaffney Branch type of WR we need.

I agree with needing a legit number 3 or 4 wide receiver. Although I haven't totally written Douglass off yet. This is one area I am gonna give blame to Mularkey. For some reason he didn't seem to willing to add HD to the game plan as much as I would have liked. I think the guy is explosive and was under utilized.

If White or Julio go down, I think we are screwed. In the case of the Patriots I think Brady brings the best out of just average receivers. It seems to me that you can plug any receiver in there and Brady makes them better. Not sure if Ryan can do that with less than average receivers, but if he could it won't be the first or last time I would be wrong.

I think under Nolan there won't be a clear distinction between Safeties and cornerbacks, and as such I think you'll see Robinson, Franks and Walls being used at multiple spots on the backend.

I'm with you in that you always hate to cut a player who can help your team... but saying that I really can't see any way in which we carry 11 D-Lineman... 10 max, but I would imagine 9 is more likely, 5 ends and 4 tackles

I understand you, and under BVG I would agree with your assessment, but with Nolan we're going to see a hybrid defense where there will be a crossover between DT and DE and DE and OLB. The inclusion of Robertson and 6 DE's of which 4 maybe 5 of them can play OLB in 3-4 looks, gives you flexibility.

The minimum number of D-linemen I see us taking is 10, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 11.

I agree with needing a legit number 3 or 4 wide receiver. Although I haven't totally written Douglass off yet. This is one area I am gonna give blame to Mularkey. For some reason he didn't seem to willing to add HD to the game plan as much as I would have liked. I think the guy is explosive and was under utilized.

If White or Julio go down, I think we are screwed. In the case of the Patriots I think Brady brings the best out of just average receivers. It seems to me that you can plug any receiver in there and Brady makes them better. Not sure if Ryan can do that with less than average receivers, but if he could it won't be the first or last time I would be wrong.

I can't see us signing a WR. Looking at all the UDFA WR's they signed they are really looking for one to stand up and make the 53.

QB. Matt Ryan, Chris Redman

FB. Bradie Ewing

HB. Michael Turner, Jason Snelling, Jaquizz Rodgers

TE. Tony Gonzalez, Michael Palmer, Aron White

WR. Roddy White, Julio Jones, Harry Douglas, Kerry Meier, Kevin Cone, James Rodgers

OT. Tyson Clabo, Will Svitek, Lamar Holmes, Sam Baker

OG. Justin Blalock, Peter Konz, Mike Johnson

C. Joe Hawley, Todd McClure

DE. John Abraham, Ray Edwards, Kroy Bierman, Lawrence Sidbury, Cliff Matthews, Jonathan Massoquai

DT. Jonathan Babinieux, Corey Peters, Peria Jerry, Vance Walker, Travian Robertson

OLB. Sean Weatherspoon, Stephen Nicholas, Spencer Adkins, Jerrell Harris

MLB. Akeem Dent, Lofa Tatupu

CB. Asante Samuels, Brent Grimes, Dunta Robinson, Dominique Franks, Darrin Walls, Chris Owens

S. William Moore, Thomas Decoud,Charles Mitchell

K. Matt Bryant

P. Matt Bosher

LS. Joe Zellenka/Josh Harris

I like the 53 for the most part. One point that I will make is that you only named 1 FB and 3 RBs, I think that we will go with 1 FB and 4 RBs. Maybe we will cut Baker for that extra spot, I still think that the coaches want to give him 1 more year to prove himself. The 6 WRs that you names would be my 6 also.

Edited by ATL575

I like the 53 for the most part. One point that I will make is that you only named 1 FB and 3 RBs, I think that we will go with 1 FB and 4 RBs. Maybe we will cut Baker for that extra spot, I still think that the coaches want to give him 1 more year to prove himself. The 6 WRs that you names would be my 6 also.

That would be an ideal scenario, with Holmes beating out Baker in TC and promoting Dmitri Nance to the 53.

Guest Fibonacci

yeah I guess manauwai will end up being cut.

I know this year it is going to be a battle for who starts on the line.

It should be the best training camp in recent memory - lots of competition.

You hit the nail on the head. The more the competition the harder they try. It's a win-win and we can thank TD and crew for what promises to be a much improved team.