Maybe There Is Something To The Whole Drafting High Character Guys

For the second time this offseason, Detroit’s 2011 first-round draft pick Nick Fairley has been arrested in Mobile, Alabama.

Fairley was arrested early this morning for driving under the influence and attempting to elude police, WALA in Alabama reports.

Alabama State Troopers told the TV station that Fairley was arrested shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday on I-10. In addition to the DUI and eluding police charges, Fairley was written tickets for reckless driving, no proof of insurance and having an open container of alcohol in his vehicle.

Fairley, who was a local high school star and an All-American at Auburn, posted $1,750 bond and was released at around 9 a.m.

On April 3, Fairley was arrested for marijuana possession. The Lions’ five-member 2011 draft class has now totaled five arrests this year, with Fairley and running back Mikel Leshoure arrested twice each and offensive tackle Johnny Culbreath arrested once. All of the other arrests were for marijuana possession.

http://profootballta...comment-1804929

Wow, 5 arrests in one off-season! If you're stupid enough to risk losing millions of dollars, to get high. You're too stupid to be on my team.

Maybe, there's something to this character filter thing after all. I know JB, sure changed his tune with the hiring of Schiano. Look for the Detroit defensive line to be a little thin the first month of the season.

Edited by dirtydealin5858

Judging the character of 21-22 year olds isn't easy....unless you have a guy you really trust in your scouting dept to get the full scoop. Even then it isn't easy. Most people that age do things that, later in life, they will look back on and regret. Kids will be kids...but young adults will also be young adults. Most get through the phase just fine and mature...but some won't.

As for drafting squeaky clean guys? Not sure that's possible any more...on a broad scale anyway.

20 yr old millionaire's. U can expect a few dissappointments.

20 yr old former ghetto living millionaires at that.

No disrespect intended, but lets be honest. Going from dirt poor to rich overnight is too much for a lot of people. Let alone a young person.

Edited by Enlightened29

I remember a handful of Panther fans wanting the Panthers to draft Fairley over Cam last year.

its crazy how many people thought cam would flop. i guess maybe cause he had only one season on a national stage.

Yeah, Garrett has been drafting hard workers and team leaders the last 2 years. Hes building this team right.

Go figure, the troll posts something about the Cow$hits again? What a surprise!

gomer-pyle-surprise.jpg

e29 feeling that the Cowboys need to be a part of EVERY freaking thread certainly has me visiting RC less often. Tired of seeing that stupid Yoda avatar all the way down the right side of the page every time I log on too. I think van2 (and even pp sometimes) bring good discussions and don't make every post about the Cowboys. They add to a great message board, where as this e29 guy is just a huge homer. Seems to be a pretty bright guy, but I am just tired of the Romo nut hugging and pro-cowboy crap.

Go figure, the troll posts something about the Cow$hits again? What a surprise!

gomer-pyle-surprise.jpg

e29 feeling that the Cowboys need to be a part of EVERY freaking thread certainly has me visiting RC less often. Tired of seeing that stupid Yoda avatar all the way down the right side of the page every time I log on too. I think van2 (and even pp sometimes) bring good discussions and don't make every post about the Cowboys. They add to a great message board, where as this e29 guy is just a huge homer. Seems to be a pretty bright guy, but I am just tired of the Romo nut hugging and pro-cowboy crap.

Do you need a hug? There, there, itll be ok...shhhhh...shhhhh...

What happened to..."You have chosen to ignore posts from Falcon Man. View it anyway?"

You're the worst.

I still get the email notifications...I just dont feel like seeing the posts of someone that is always looking for a fight. If you can be civil I dont care, but the personal attacks are just too childish to put up with on a daily basis.

its crazy how many people thought cam would flop. i guess maybe cause he had only one season on a national stage.

I think most people, myself included, thought he would be a project that would take a couple years to make any kind of an impact in the league.

Fairley..........I know it's unfair but I didn't want him the moment I learned that he and JaMarcus Russell were like best friends.

I think most people, myself included, thought he would be a project that would take a couple years to make any kind of an impact in the league.

Fairley..........I know it's unfair but I didn't want him the moment I learned that he and JaMarcus Russell were like best friends.

lol were you afraid some of Russell's suck would of rubbed off on him?

Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

Julio Jones dropped a couple of grand a Vegas Strip Club.

Let's be real here folks.

The Falcon Filter has failed.

Julio Jones dropped a couple of grand a Vegas Strip Club.

Let's be real here folks.

The Falcon Filter has failed.

pretty sure every grown man has been to a strip club. not many have run illegal gambling rings

pretty sure every grown man has been to a strip club. not many have run illegal gambling rings

Not every grown man. I, for one, refuse to go to them. That's not saying I'd judge JJ for dropping $ there. I'm sure it just slipped through his fingers. ;)

Edited by Enlightened29