Bears Treatment Of Matt Forte Is Deplorable

Feel bad for Matt Forte. All he's done the last 4 years is carry a pathetic, one dimensional offense on his shoulders and can't get any security from his ungrateful employers. Forte has been treated like a wh0re...used and abused.

You'd think with Jerry Angelo gone, this b.s. would be resolved. The messed up draft day trade with the Ravens and subsequent unwillingness to accept responsibility for his mistake, shows what a clown that guy was. Looks like Phil Emery is cut from the same cloth.

i guess they think Michael Bush can do the same as Forte' lol

The reports on NFL Network and Espn about what the bears are saying about Forte' are pathetic.

For some teams, it's all about money....for others, it's about loyalty and rewarding those that have been loyal. Panthers for example, have made questionable decisions over the years, with paying Delhomme through the nose, and giving Dwill a huge contract, after all his injuries, and the fact that he's getting up there in age (for a rb). But, they're loyal to their players that are loyal to them.

Bears, seem to be all about using a player up on their rookie contract and then wanting to throw them away, no matter how they performed. Both the Bears and Panthers have only been to one SB in the last decade, but neither won. Honestly, I'd rather be a fan of a team that rewards their star players, rather than one that throws them away.

Edited by pox 08

One wonders what other Bear players are thinking as they watch this unfold. It can't be anything positive.

Their offense has to be a little mad. Their front office pays through the nose for defense, but, tries to screw over their offensive players.

This is why Brees wants his money, because you never know what can happen, which is the reason why they don't want to pay him.

do you know what Condon is asking for?

I don't and I read all the Saints related news I can find. Without knowing exactly what is being demanded and what has been counter-offered, there is no basis for judgement

I don't and I read all the Saints related news I can find. Without knowing exactly what is being demanded and what has been counter-offered, there is no basis for judgement

From the reports I heard, it was close to what Peyton got.

From the reports I heard, it was close to what Peyton got.

there have been no actual reports coming from Brees, Condon, or Loomis. Everything out there are simply anonymous rumors or rampant speculation

the only thing we know for sure is that Loomis already made an offer that would have made Brees the highest paid QB

even then, when people start throwing out a generalization like 'x number of years' for 'so much total money' which averages out to blah blah blah a year, it doesn't tell the whole story

is the contract front loaded? back loaded? how much guaranteed? is there a poison pill (one of the rumors is that Condon is insisting on a poison pill in the contract to make a precedent for his other big name QB clients)?

Edited by Dago 3.0

i heard 4 yrs 22 to 26 mil a yr and 60 mil + in Guar Money

that would make him the highest paid player in the NFL

he will probably get 20 mil a yr and like 40 mil GM

and sounds like Saints dont even want to give him that....

Maybe they know what i have been thinking all along

Brees is a very good QB but its the system more than Skill that have inflated Brees Numbers

and his 1 to 1 TD to Int in 2010 didnt help his case...