Cardinals At Braves

young mr. grace

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not look forward to this

Of course you don't. Because it ain't like the Cardinals haven't been playing like **** either huh? Because the Cardinals aren't 6-11 in their last 18 games since the Braves swept them. The only reason their record isn't worst in that span is because they had a 3-game series against the Padres that they took advantage of. It ain't like the Reds didn't over take them for 1st place. Nope. That never happened. The Braves are the only team in the majors that goes on bad streaks! rolleyes.gif

David O'Brien@ajcbraves

#Braves and #Cardinals both are 12-14 in May, #Braves w/ 4.34 ERA (12th) in NL) and Cardinals w/ 4.57 ERA (15th in NL)

The Braves have some of the most stupid fans on the planet. There is a current poll on FoxSportsSouth.com asking how many wins will Brandon Beachy end up with this season.

More than 20 = 3%

16-19 = 10% (that's what I voted for)

13-15 = 7%

10-12 = 1%

Less than 10 = 76% (REALLY? REALLY?) He's already got 5. He's got 1 more start coming in May. He could be at 6 wins at the end of May. And these idiots are saying he will end up winning less than 10 games this season.

Eric Hinske went 6-for-10 with a homer and three RBIs in three games May 2-4; since then he is 2-for-32 (.063) in 16 games with one RBI, 15 strikeouts and a .162 OBP and .063 slugging percentage.

– Jason Heyward has hit .189 (21-for-111) with 31 strikeouts, a .297 OBP and .351 slugging percentage (.648 OPS) in his past 33 games, with one multi-hit game in that stretch. In his past 16 games he has three doubles and one homer in 55 at-bats, with a .262 OBP and .291 slugging percentage.

– Michael Bourn, after producing at higher level than any other NL leadoff man for more than a month, has hit .167 with a .186 OBP in his past 10 games, and has as many home runs (3, all hit in Cincinnati’s small park) as his combined total of singles (2) and walks (1) in that period. Bourn has 12 strikeouts and two stolen bases in that 10-game stretch (team is 2-8).

-- Tyler Pastornicky is 2-for-17 with no walks and five strikeouts in his past six games, and has three errors in his past five to drop his fielding percentage to .944, lowest among major league shortstops.

– Dan Uggla is 5-for-32 (.156) in his past 11 games, albeit with two homers, 14 walks and a .413

OBP in that span. (It’s the opportunities with runners in scoring position that have been damaging during that period.)

– Among pitchers in May, Mike Minor is 0-2 with a 9.95 ERA in five starts and Jonny Venters is 0-2 with a 7.27 ERA in 11 relief appearances, with as many homers allowed in his past eight appearances (3) as he had allowed previously in his entire career.

Meanwhile, Freddie Freeman is still waiting for Oakley or Under Armour to complete and ship a pair of special sports glasses/goggles that he can hit in. He’s had both companies on the case for more than a week – he’s under contract with Under Armour and had to give them first dibs, but UA agreed to let Oakley try to make a pair too, given the urgent circumstances – but making such a pair of glasses is not easy.

Eric Hinske went 6-for-10 with a homer and three RBIs in three games May 2-4; since then he is 2-for-32 (.063) in 16 games with one RBI, 15 strikeouts and a .162 OBP and .063 slugging percentage.

– Jason Heyward has hit .189 (21-for-111) with 31 strikeouts, a .297 OBP and .351 slugging percentage (.648 OPS) in his past 33 games, with one multi-hit game in that stretch. In his past 16 games he has three doubles and one homer in 55 at-bats, with a .262 OBP and .291 slugging percentage.

– Michael Bourn, after producing at higher level than any other NL leadoff man for more than a month, has hit .167 with a .186 OBP in his past 10 games, and has as many home runs (3, all hit in Cincinnati’s small park) as his combined total of singles (2) and walks (1) in that period. Bourn has 12 strikeouts and two stolen bases in that 10-game stretch (team is 2-8).

-- Tyler Pastornicky is 2-for-17 with no walks and five strikeouts in his past six games, and has three errors in his past five to drop his fielding percentage to .944, lowest among major league shortstops.

– Dan Uggla is 5-for-32 (.156) in his past 11 games, albeit with two homers, 14 walks and a .413

OBP in that span. (It’s the opportunities with runners in scoring position that have been damaging during that period.)

– Among pitchers in May, Mike Minor is 0-2 with a 9.95 ERA in five starts and Jonny Venters is 0-2 with a 7.27 ERA in 11 relief appearances, with as many homers allowed in his past eight appearances (3) as he had allowed previously in his entire career.

Meanwhile, Freddie Freeman is still waiting for Oakley or Under Armour to complete and ship a pair of special sports glasses/goggles that he can hit in. He’s had both companies on the case for more than a week – he’s under contract with Under Armour and had to give them first dibs, but UA agreed to let Oakley try to make a pair too, given the urgent circumstances – but making such a pair of glasses is not easy.

It's not a surprise to me that those slumps got worst when Chipper, McCann and Freeman went out of the lineup. Also apparantly Freddie Freeman needs glasses similar to what Chris Sabo wore back in the day.

ept_sports_mlb_experts-35241628-1249419201.jpg?ymCPjrBDTbitrLi7

Of course you don't. Because it ain't like the Cardinals haven't been playing like **** either huh? Because the Cardinals aren't 6-11 in their last 18 games since the Braves swept them. The only reason their record isn't worst in that span is because they had a 3-game series against the Padres that they took advantage of. It ain't like the Reds didn't over take them for 1st place. Nope. That never happened. The Braves are the only team in the majors that goes on bad streaks! rolleyes.gif

David O'Brien@ajcbraves

#Braves and #Cardinals both are 12-14 in May, #Braves w/ 4.34 ERA (12th) in NL) and Cardinals w/ 4.57 ERA (15th in NL)

You are the most bipolar poster I've seen on here. Curse the Braves but if someone else does ir you get your panties in a wad. Defend Heyward one week, curse him the next. Condemn the Braves one night, act like you're the biggest supporter the next

You are the most bipolar poster I've seen on here. Curse the Braves but if someone else does ir you get your panties in a wad. Defend Heyward one week, curse him the next. Condemn the Braves one night, act like you're the biggest supporter the next

It's one thing to curse the team out of total frustration. It's another to talk outta your *** like the Braves are the only one that has to deal with these problems. I never gave up on the Braves. I never said the season was over. How many times have you and others said the season is over during this 7-game losing streak? How many times have you said Heyward is a complete loss cause? I never said that. I did say I would trade Heyward last night and I would but I haven't given up all total lost hope. I want Heyward to do well because if he does that only helps the Braves.

It's one thing to curse the team out of total frustration. It's another to talk outta your *** like the Braves are the only one that has to deal with these problems. I never gave up on the Braves. I never said the season was over. How many times have you and others said the season is over during this 7-game losing streak? How many times have you said Heyward is a complete loss cause? I never said that. I did say I would trade Heyward last night and I would but I haven't given up all total lost hope. I want Heyward to do well because if he does that only helps the Braves.

Yeah I want Heyward to be bad....no I can just tell that he is and isn't showing any signs of changing. I go to way more games than probably everyone on here. Its one thing to sit on the board during every game and get mad. Its another to keep paying to watch garbage show up every game

Yeah I want Heyward to be bad....no I can just tell that he is and isn't showing any signs of changing. I go to way more games than probably everyone on here. Its one thing to sit on the board during every game and get mad. Its another to keep paying to watch garbage show up every game

Then how did Heyward do so well during the 1st couple of weeks of the season? Or did that never happen? Did 2010 never happen?