Sean Weatherpoon 790 The Zone Interview

atljbo

Let's just hope Spoon can take over a game and season on defense like Ray has

I think he's already shown he can or at least flashed he has the ability to. It will be all about him continuing to grow into that play maker and leader role

Hmm, probably way off base with this...but do you think Spoon's development was a factor in not resigning Lofton...at least to the contract he wanted?

Yes, and that Spoon is more of a vocal aggressive leader than Lofton. Lofton is not a leader of men. I don't get the label besides the fact that he played the position that is supposed to lead the defense.

Guest TheIdowu

I aint gonna lie; dude surprised me this past season.. . . . and that just his second year and first year on the other side. As soon as they made the switch, nothing but good things happened. I know many here were saying he should have been there all along.

Lofton was very introverted and reserved before Spoon came. I think last season was the first time I saw any real swagger from Lofton.

Exactly. He isn't a leader. He wanted to be because the MLB is supposed to be, but he never showed any leadership qualities until Spoon can and brought that swagger out of a lot of players. All we're losing in Lofton is tackles, which Tatupu and Dent can definitely replace.

Spoon is the face of the defense and almost of the team. He will be a Falcon for life and I am definitely happy about that.

Exactly. He isn't a leader. He wanted to be because the MLB is supposed to be, but he never showed any leadership qualities until Spoon can and brought that swagger out of a lot of players. All we're losing in Lofton is tackles, which Tatupu and Dent can definitely replace.

Spoon is the face of the defense and almost of the team. He will be a Falcon for life and I am definitely happy about that.

Thats ******** . Lofton was a leader . He got in face of players many times for blown assignments

If Lofton is not a leader cause he was soft spoken and a good guy then Matt Ryan is not a leader like Drew Brees who does chant and fires up his guys

is that fair asssesment . Matt Ryan is not a leader cauee he is soft spoken

Please spare me with Ryan on bench patting pads or saying we going tp get this

Ryan doesnt have the swagger like Brady or Brees

that doesnt make him less of a leader

Thats ******** . Lofton was a leader . He got in face of players many times for blown assignments

If Lofton is not a leader cause he was soft spoken and a good guy then Matt Ryan is not a leader like Drew Brees who does chant and fires up his guys

If someone made a thread about long-snapping, you would still find a way to bring Ryan into it.

Lmao please. When was Lofton in anybody's face? This was an obvious (failed) attempt at making it a Ryan bashing moment. When we are down, who rallied the troops on defense? No one. It wasn't Spoon's place at the time because it was supposed to be Lofton's role. Lofton didn't even break the pre game huddle for the defense.

What did Lofton do in a leadership role besides call the plays? Ryan got in the face of the OLine in that Saints game. That's proof. I don't recall anything from Lofton.

I am happy with our new LB core. If we sign Lofton to the same contract as the saints do, all we will hear is complaining about how CL cant cover on third down (same old story). Between Lofa and Dent I don't feel we will miss much in the tackling dept and should be better on 3rd down coverage.

I am happy with our new LB core. If we sign Lofton to the same contract as the saints do, all we will hear is complaining about how CL cant cover on third down (same old story). Between Lofa and Dent I don't feel we will miss much in the tackling dept and should be better on 3rd down coverage.

So Dent and Lofa are equal to what Curtis Lofton brings ? lol

If I had to ask you name TD 5 best draft picks is Lofton not 1 of them ?