*if*

Dusty

So there is a possibility that Matt Ryan will be absent from the top 100. Since this is a poll taken among the players and it is their ranking, does this light a fire under Mr. Ryan? If asked, will he just give the traditional "I don't care" QB-speak or will he use it as an emotional springboard to, if nothing else, shut up all of the naysayers?

I have heard everything from "He is not 'Matty Ice'. He is Matt Ryan. 'Matty Ice would have put his team on his back and won games." , to "That playoff loss was a stinkbomb that was still fresh on other players around the league minds when they voted".

These are his peers. These are the competition. These are the guys he chats it up with before and after contests. If he is not on the list, they have told him that regardless of his accomplishments in the last 4 years, he is nothing. Tebow is better. Romo is better.

However, if he does make the list, will he turn up the heat and live up to the expectations of his peers?

So there is a possibility that Matt Ryan will be absent from the top 100. Since this is a poll taken among the players and it is their ranking, does this light a fire under Mr. Ryan? If asked, will he just give the traditional "I don't care" QB-speak or will he use it as an emotional springboard to, if nothing else, shut up all of the naysayers?

I have heard everything from "He is not 'Matty Ice'. He is Matt Ryan. 'Matty Ice would have put his team on his back and won games." , to "That playoff loss was a stinkbomb that was still fresh on other players around the league minds when they voted".

These are his peers. These are the competition. These are the guys he chats it up with before and after contests. If he is not on the list, they have told him that regardless of his accomplishments in the last 4 years, he is nothing. Tebow is better. Romo is better.

However, if he does make the list, will he turn up the heat and live up to the expectations of his peers?

See here

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3948982-the-idiot-kicker-effect/

I did not write that article. I posted this thread. It is also not a prerequisite to go through all the threads just to see if I may be posting something within the same vein. If you don't like it, kick rocks. You guys kill me running around like some kind of geeksquad post police. I see hundreds of threads posted on the same topic hundreds of times. Guess what? you have to be a member here to post and you also have the privilege to do it as much as you like.

Yeah. He's the stupid one because you feel like spamming the board with the same crap that can be found all over the place!

I only made one post. Spamming would require more of the same from me. As a matter of fact, I've only made 229 posts up until this point. You have 21,625. You are a more likely candidate for spam than I am. Go have a beer. It's on me!wink.png

I did not write that article. I posted this thread. It is also not a prerequisite to go through all the threads just to see if I may be posting something within the same vein. If you don't like it, kick rocks. You guys kill me running around like some kind of geeksquad post police. I see hundreds of threads posted on the same topic hundreds of times. Guess what? you have to be a member here to post and you also have the privilege to do it as much as you like.

Nobody makes them read it, but they do anyhow and complain about it.

I'm sorry, but I place a LOT of the blame of our lack of success on the Offensive Coordinator. I know that he was respected, but to me and many others on this board, he was an unimaginative coordinator that was so predictive it hurt!!! I mean how many times did we have to see Turner up the middle for 1 yard, Turner up the middle for no gain and then on 3rd and 9, when the defense KNEW that we were going to pass Matty had to complete for a first down! Of course in that situation a Quarterback is going to have his fair share of incompletions and interceptions! Perhaps with a new OC and maybe some more help on the O line we will have more success. We'll see.

GO FALCONS!!!

I agree. There is plenty of blame to go around from last season. But the fact will still remain that the QB will be the point man when it comes to the initial finger pointing for failure and success. It's gotta sting a little bit to know that guys may have left you off the list because they think that YOU need to step up more so than the team around you.