How Come Noone's Talkin About

hjerry

I've seen a number of topics about UFAs on this board. People talk about WRs, TEs, DEs, DTs, LBs, and DBs, but one pickup seems to never get mentioned: Robbie Frey RB out of Uconn. I'm not saying this guy's going to come in and dominate, but everything I've seen of him impresses me. I'd be curious if he could beat ot Smith for that 4th Rb slot. The guy is just over 6 foot and weighs 203. He ran a 4.5 at his pro day and definately shows potential as a return man which might be why we brought him in. He also benched 225 LBs 36 times. Ironically the site lists him having the same number as a fan favorite on defense: #40 Chad Faulcon. He shows a lot of potential and I'm curious to see what he can do against better competition come preseason. Here are some highlights.

Edited by hjerry

I'm going out on a limb here, but generally speaking if nobody's talking about something than it's usually because nobody cares.

Not true, everyone here that is a Falcons fan cares about the team, and if the player has the potential to make the team better then we all care. With that said he has some very nice highlights, I am surprised that we have not heard more about him. Smith has also looked good during some pre season games, so I think that it is going to be hard to get that #4 running back spot. I wish him luck though.

I've spoken about the young man a bit after the draft and UDFA rush.

I like Frey's return ability, height, and weight but not his upright running style as a back.

Does he have more potential than Antone Smith?

Would you want Frey over Moreno?

For the record I don't want Moreno at all. IIRC your not to fond of Smith.

Whose your pick(desire) of the 3(Smith/Moreno/Frey)?

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

I like Frey's return ability, height, and weight but not his upright running style as a back.

Personally, I haven't really seen enough of Smith to say. Outside of that one preseason game, he really hasn't done much. Ususally our depth players get 1 or 2 years to rise up the ranks before they're replaced with new blood. I don't want to give up on Smith, but if Frey is able to do the same thing but taller and with more potential then, why not?

Edit: It will be really interesting when we get to the preseason. Between the WRs, Franks, and Frey, we have a lot of competition for returns. I don't know how they'll get a a good look at all of them.

Edited by hjerry

Oh I just brought him up before. If I had to choose I'd probably take Moreno to see if he has anything left. I liked Smith in the beginning, but he showed why he was UDFA very quickly and was over it. I'm over a lot of things man. You don't really want me to start up.