Hatfields & Mccoys On The History Channel

One of my fraternity brothers is in this series... In that trailer at the :39 mark, he's the McCoy without the hat... been in LA for a decade and just now getting a decent acting job, haha... I'll definitely be tuning in...

Yeah I am stoked to see this.

It looks like a great cast and if they stay relatively true to real events it should be very interesting.

It IS the History channel, so one would think they basically keep it historically accurate.

Guest Gritz

Am I the only person with zero interest in this series?

In this thread, yes.

The first installment was excellent.

Am I the only person with zero interest in this series?

Dude, you should really watch it. I've always been fascinated over the dynamics of the Hatfield-McCoy feud. If anything, watching our own country's small version of the perils of blind lunkheadedness, family honor, justice and vengeance will give you more insight on how the Middle East works.

Dude, you should really watch it. I've always been fascinated over the dynamics of the Hatfield-McCoy feud. If anything, watching our own country's small version of the perils of blind lunkheadedness, family honor, justice and vengeance will give you more insight on how the Middle East works.

Perhaps I'll give It a whirl...if nothing else, I can think of at least one redeeming quality!

WOW, this was a huge debut for History. Hopefully this green lights other projects like this. You know, shows about history.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/historys-hatfields-mccoys-sets-basic-cable-ratings-record-with-13-9-million-viewers/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

History entered the original scripted arena in a big way last night. The premiere of the cable network’s mini-series Hatfields & McCoys drew a staggering 13.9 million total viewers, 4.8 million adults 18-48 and 5.8 million adults 25-54 from 9-11 PM to become the the No.1 non-sports telecast in ad supported cable television history. The combined viewership for Part 1′s two airings was 17 million. “With all the success we have had at History, we felt strongly for some time that we should own historical drama, and in true History fashion, we have done it, with – pardon the pun – guns ablazin!,” said History’s president and general manger Nancy Dubuc. Hatfields & McCoys, a three-part, six-hour miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton, tells the true American story of a legendary family feud – one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Parts two and three premiere tonight and tomorrow night. The mini is produced by Thinkfactory Media, withLeslie Greif executive producing, and Kevin Costner, Darrell Fetty and Herb Nanas producing. Sony TV us distributing.

Did Kevin Costner really stop and take a piss while being chased by a whole bunch of Yankees? That seemed a little weird to me. I also found it weird his character had the balls and heroism to fight off an entire charging army single handed while his buddies are escaping, and then in the next scene he is deserting. WTF?

WOW, this was a huge debut for History. Hopefully this green lights other projects like this. You know, shows about history.

http://www.deadline...._medium=twitter

History entered the original scripted arena in a big way last night. The premiere of the cable network’s mini-series Hatfields & McCoys drew a staggering 13.9 million total viewers, 4.8 million adults 18-48 and 5.8 million adults 25-54 from 9-11 PM to become the the No.1 non-sports telecast in ad supported cable television history. The combined viewership for Part 1′s two airings was 17 million. “With all the success we have had at History, we felt strongly for some time that we should own historical drama, and in true History fashion, we have done it, with – pardon the pun – guns ablazin!,” said History’s president and general manger Nancy Dubuc. Hatfields & McCoys, a three-part, six-hour miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton, tells the true American story of a legendary family feud – one that spanned decades and nearly launched a war between Kentucky and West Virginia. Parts two and three premiere tonight and tomorrow night. The mini is produced by Thinkfactory Media, withLeslie Greif executive producing, and Kevin Costner, Darrell Fetty and Herb Nanas producing. Sony TV us distributing.

That is fantastic news.

I enjoy some of the things on history like Pawn Stars because some of the items are interesting but stuff like this is 10 times better.

So hopefully they will continue to do shows like this.

It would be cool to see an actual series. History is filled with so many great stories and legends if done right they could be huge.

I've been disillusioned by History Channel's penchant for rigged reality tv and spurious shows such as "ancient aliens". This show was a breath of fresh air as long as they don't put this guy on to try to tell us that solid evidence points to the feud being a result of alien visitations.

edit: bah image didn't seem to dispay despite it seeming to be okay before I hit submit.

It's the freak show dude with the weird hair that takes circumstantial at best evidence and proclaims it's rock solid proof that aliens did stuff like build the pyramids.

the-history-channel-ancient-aliens-thumb.jpg

Edited by Googlywoogly

That is fantastic news.

I enjoy some of the things on history like Pawn Stars because some of the items are interesting but stuff like this is 10 times better.

So hopefully they will continue to do shows like this.

It would be cool to see an actual series. History is filled with so many great stories and legends if done right they could be huge.

I agree, I like Pawn Stars and American Pickers because they give you a little history behind most items. However, I am not a big fan of Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men, and Swamp People. There is no history behind them and is pure reality TV, why are they on the History Channel?