Ryan Can Take Some Playoff Tips From...

Enlightened32

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only considering they have had some of the best picks of the draft every year... i dont think so. Its not like the team had to struggle getting players. Ryan came into a total sunk ship total over hauled. Stafford came in and the lions still sucked.

Whats the Lions combined win/loss stats for the last 4 (or 3)years?

Im not positive but didnt the Falcons play the Lions last season?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011102303/2011/REG7/falcons@lions#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Only considering they have had some of the best picks of the draft every year... i dont think so. Its not like the team had to struggle getting players. Ryan came into a total sunk ship total over hauled. Stafford came in and the lions still sucked.

Whats the Lions combined win/loss stats for the last 4 (or 3)years?

Im not positive but didnt the Falcons play the Lions last season?

http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap

Typical of you to bring up the regular season in a thread thats talking about the playoffs...rolleyes.gif

When has Ryan ever put up stats like that in a playoff game?

Edited by Enlightened29

Typical of you to bring up the regular season in a thread thats talking about the playoffs...rolleyes.gif

When has Ryan ever put up stats like that in a playoff game?

Sometimes you can be a real Ryan doosh... but I'll play this Ryan vs Stafford game for you...

Ryan played his first playoff game in his ROOKIE season (can Romo or Stafford say that?? Didn't think so), playing against eventual NFC Champion Arizona, qb'd by Kurt Warner, who was 13 years his elder; making them the highest age-disparity playoff qb starters in NFL history.

Ryan finished 26/40 (65%) for 199 and 2TD's; 2 INT's. During the game, Ryan set an NFL playoff rookie record with 26 completions in a single postseason game.

Enlighten me, 29, which rookie playoff records did Romo set?? Stafford?? Oh, that's right. It took Romo 3 years before he could even start a regular season game, much less a playoff game. Undrafted in 03, he didn't start until 06, RIGHT!!?? Of course, he did go to the playoffs that year... how did that turn out?? Oh right... he lost the game on a botched FG hold...Since we're talking playoffs here...

Romo's second playoff game, you ask??

In the Cowboys' January 13, 2008 Division playoff game against the New York Giants, Romo was unable to lead his team to a come-from-behind victory. On 4th down with less than half a minute and no timeouts left, Romo threw the ball into the endzone, but it was intercepted by Giants cornerback R. W. McQuarters, ensuring that the Cowboys were eliminated from the playoffs with a 21–17 loss.

Ryan's second playoff game?? 20/29 for 69% completion... furthering my assertion that his stats are skewed because of playcalling... How do you not let a 69% completer throw more than 29 times in a home playoff game is beyond me (Mularkey).

BTW, the Falcons lost that game 42-21... so, hmmm... which is more? 17 or 21 ? Seems the Ryan-led offense scored more than the Romo-led offense in their SECOND playoff game as well.

Stafford? It took him three years just to finish a season... three years to make the playoffs, and he lost, same as the rest.

So what's your point, En?? Just trolling??

Edited by Falconcheff

Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

Do you have a job?

16 threads on page 1.

About 2 worth reading.

Your completion rate is in the toilet my friend.

Edited by ¡Spot on Dtan!

Sometimes you can be a real Ryan doosh... but I'll play this Ryan vs Stafford game for you...

Ryan played his first playoff game in his ROOKIE season (can Romo or Stafford say that?? Didn't think so), playing against eventual NFC Champion Arizona, qb'd by Kurt Warner, who was 13 years his elder; making them the highest age-disparity playoff qb starters in NFL history.

Ryan finished 26/40 (65%) for 199 and 2TD's; 2 INT's. During the game, Ryan set an NFL playoff rookie record with 26 completions in a single postseason game.

Enlighten me, 29, which rookie playoff records did Romo set?? Stafford?? Oh, that's right. It took Romo 3 years before he could even start a regular season game, much less a playoff game. Undrafted in 03, he didn't start until 06, RIGHT!!?? Of course, he did go to the playoffs that year... how did that turn out?? Oh right... he lost the game on a botched FG hold...Since we're talking playoffs here...

Romo's second playoff game, you ask??

In the Cowboys' January 13, 2008 Division playoff game against the New York Giants, Romo was unable to lead his team to a come-from-behind victory. On 4th down with less than half a minute and no timeouts left, Romo threw the ball into the endzone, but it was intercepted by Giants cornerback R. W. McQuarters, ensuring that the Cowboys were eliminated from the playoffs with a 21–17 loss.

Ryan's second playoff game?? 20/29 for 69% completion... furthering my assertion that his stats are skewed because of playcalling... How do you not let a 69% completer throw more than 29 times in a home playoff game is beyond me (Mularkey).

BTW, the Falcons lost that game 42-21... so, hmmm... which is more? 17 or 21 ? Seems the Ryan-led offense scored more than the Romo-led offense in their SECOND playoff game as well.

Stafford? It took him three years just to finish a season... three years to make the playoffs, and he lost, same as the rest.

So what's your point, En?? Just trolling??

No, my point was this...if Ryan is only 4 years in and getting better, then what is the limit for a guy thats going into his 4th year and has already laid down a playoff game that Ryan cant touch? I mean, wouldnt the same analysis go for Stafford that goes for Ryan?

sustained implies statistical significance, which means the sample size is big enough, which clearly it isn't.

sus·tain (s-st n) tr.v. sus·tained, sus·tain·ing, sus·tains. 1. To keep in existence; maintain. 2. To supply with necessities or nourishment; provide for.

Sustaining a certain level would be to maintain that level.

Edited by Enlightened29

sus·tain (s-st n) tr.v. sus·tained, sus·tain·ing, sus·tains. 1. To keep in existence; maintain. 2. To supply with necessities or nourishment; provide for.

Sustaining a certain level would be to maintain that level.

certainly, however you took it a step further when you said it sustained itself long enough to define itself, in your words "sustained average still means your average" and i disagree. That's the whole point of statistical significance.

No, my point was this...if Ryan is only 4 years in and getting better, then what is the limit for a guy thats going into his 4th year and has already laid down a playoff game that Ryan cant touch? I mean, wouldnt the same analysis go for Stafford that goes for Ryan?

While DET was losing every year to get some of the best draft picks every single year. Ryan was winning with what he had or the falcons paid a huge price for that player (Jones). The falcons didnt suck to the point they got to play madden in every draft.

The bigger question is why could Ryan make the playoffs in his rookie year with a total rebuilt team full of a lot of nobodies and Stafford couldn't?

Ryan still did something neither Stafford or Romo did in their first 4 season. Goto the playoffs 3 times and have 4 winning season (meaning having tougher schedules than those other 2 guys).

You say we are talking playoffs... I shouldn't bring Romo into it then, since he isn't good enough to get his team there.

I love how you keep saying that Romo isnt good enough to get his team in the playoffs when in 6 years of starting hes done it 3 times. In 2010 he only played in 5 games, I guess he was supposed to lead them there from the sideline...rolleyes.gif

Edited by Enlightened29