Lol At All The People Voting Carolina To Win The Division, This Year.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton does not have his 28 games under his belt, and the league

has the luxery of putting him under the microscope during the offseason.

This now comes down to which team blue prints him first and which teams

can follow the print.

I will ad this.

Going into the season, I would quickly agree that Newton has a chance to

capture the division, same everybody else.

(but I wont)

How much of Newton's success was them coming from behind and having to pass in order to do it? Stands to reason that he won't repeat and have them perform well. However, they have a stud RB tandem and can theoretically work toward setting the pass up at which point, the team can take steps forward. Let's hope they don't know that.

The funny thing is after Newtons 2 400 yard games he did not pass for 300 yards in any of the game.

In fact his last 8 games he averaged 200 yards a game passing. And his turnover ratio was terrible.

Teams started figuring him out, and with a whole off season defensive coaches will find new ways of neutralizing him.

It is going to be up to him to try and contradict that

Really not all that crazy. I hope we'll have a better team than Carolina this year but they've got 2 good backs, 2 very good receiving options, a phenom at QB who they're hoping will avoid the sophomore slump and key guys returning from injury on D. I know it's convenient to trash our rivals but I'd hardly overlook them.

Fans love flashy QB's.

^This... and this is a quarterback-driven team. Newton has star power. But beyond that, looking at it from an "expert's" eyes, New Orleans has all kind of issues and looks increasingly vulnerable. Tampa for all their off season moves has a lot of unanswered questions. Atlanta has yet to show up big on the big stage and may have reached their ceiling.

The Panthers have the young quarterback, the running game, and that defense should be better with the return of some injured pieces and the addition of players like Kuechly.

Now we all know how this division works, but from the outside looking in, Carolina makes a lot of sense.

Any team could really win the division this year. The saint have hit a rough patch, the bucs and panties both seem to have improved and the falcons seem to also. It wouldn't surprise me if only one team from this division made it to the playoffs from beating each other up. I'm still taking the falcons though. Clearly the best team outside of new Orleans last year and still made improvements.

Its laughable some of you actually believe the Falcons are locked in to win the division this year. The Saints will suck somehow, the Panthers will suck because Cam is overrated, the Bucs will suck because it doesn't matter how much new talent they added, only the Falcons will do well even though theres no significant improvement and this team will actually be worse with a worse O Coord.

Guest TheIdowu

Lol now, but hope we aren't crying at year's end.

Ah yep! I aint worried about CAR, TPA, or NO. I am still worrying about our own season.

Edited by TheIdowu

To be honest, Cam is a source of internal conflict for me. I liked watching him in college (though I am a University of Alabama fan so I didn't exactly like him beating my Tide like he did) and I do want him to succeed in this league because of that, but as a Falcons fan I don't want to see the Panthers succeed so you can see my confliction, lol!

I do see the Panters as possibly being a big contentder for the division this year (if Cam doesn't have a slump year) right along side us and the Bucs (who have had an impressive off season), but hopefully what we have done will be able to put us on top.

If you don't believe in your own team you aren't a real fan IMO. That being said, there is a reason they actually play the games. One thing about Newton is that last season they just let him play as reckless as he wanted with no pressure or expectation of being successful, it should be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of being expected to win this season, sometimes trying to make a play happen can cause more harm than good, if he starts second guessing himself it could be a long rough season for the panthers.

Its laughable some of you actually believe the Falcons are locked in to win the division this year. The Saints will suck somehow, the Panthers will suck because Cam is overrated, the Bucs will suck because it doesn't matter how much new talent they added, only the Falcons will do well even though theres no significant improvement and this team will actually be worse with a worse O Coord.

I think Mike Nolan, Peter Konz, and Asante Samuel are improvements (at least at face value anyway, they still need a field test to know for sure). Also, the new OC may have been on staff for a sucky team, but a the same time they had what was basically garbage on roster and he was able to help them go to the playoffs, so who knows what he can do with some actual talent outside of the running game.

Really not all that crazy. I hope we'll have a better team than Carolina this year but they've got 2 good backs, 2 very good receiving options, a phenom at QB who they're hoping will avoid the sophomore slump and key guys returning from injury on D. I know it's convenient to trash our rivals but I'd hardly overlook them.

And all of that and our defense still shut Newton down.

You can never overlook anyone in the nfl. but if both teams are fully healthy we are the better team.

Give me Roddy, Julio for a full year, Tony G, Douglas, Quizz, and Snelling over Smith and Olsen ANY day.

In fact a fully concentrated Roddy and a healthy Julio is better than Olsen and a 35 yearold Smith.

We should not count them out but we ARE a better football team.

The funny thing is after Newtons 2 400 yard games he did not pass for 300 yards in any of the game.

In fact his last 8 games he averaged 200 yards a game passing. And his turnover ratio was terrible.

Teams started figuring him out, and with a whole off season defensive coaches will find new ways of neutralizing him.

It is going to be up to him to try and contradict that

Let's do a little fact checking here.

Cam Newton threw for 374 yards in week 4 against the Bears.

In the first 6 games of the year, Newton threw 7 TDs and 9 INTs.

In the last 6 games of the year, Newton threw 9 TDs and 3 INTs, and ran for 5 more TDs. On and the Panthers went 4-2.

Dismiss the Panthers if you want, I expect them to be right in there.

Let's do a little fact checking here.

Cam Newton threw for 374 yards in week 4 against the Bears.

In the first 6 games of the year, Newton threw 7 TDs and 9 INTs.

In the last 6 games of the year, Newton threw 9 TDs and 3 INTs, and ran for 5 more TDs. On and the Panthers went 4-2.

Dismiss the Panthers if you want, I expect them to be right in there.

Oh excuse me he had ONE more 300 yard game

the last 8 games of the season he had 9 tds and 8 ints and 2 more fumbles.

Like I said you never dismiss ANY team in the nfl but we are a better football team.

And all of that and our defense still shut Newton down.

You can never overlook anyone in the nfl. but if both teams are fully healthy we are the better team.

Give me Roddy, Julio for a full year, Tony G, Douglas, Quizz, and Snelling over Smith and Olsen ANY day.

In fact a fully concentrated Roddy and a healthy Julio is better than Olsen and a 35 yearold Smith.

We should not count them out but we ARE a better football team.

For starters...that was last season. We can't assume that they won't improve or play a better game. Also, it's not like we shut that offense down in the 2nd game.

We're a better team...ON PAPER. (At least I think so) However, that doesn't really mean a whole lot. When it comes to teams being disregarded in the offseason I always look back to our team in '08 and how everyone around the league pretty much said we'd be the worst team in the league and we ended up 11-5. I just think that while as much as we talk it has no effect on any outcomes it's a mistake to think that they won't/can't challenge for the division because WE think our team looks great and we beat them last year so why would we expect any different.

Cam had a better rookie season then Matt Ryan so by using Ryan is on par logic with other elite QBs based off first 4 seasons statistical output Cam will surely pass Matt Ryan as a QB

Cam Newton had 35 tds in 1 season more then Ryan has in any 4 of his season

It took Matt Ryan 4 seasons to pass for 4k yards. It took Cam 1

Im willing to bet Cam Newton also notches a playoff win under his belt before end of his 4th season