I Know A Lot Of Us Are Happy The Aint"s Are Being Penalized, But How Many Of Us Believe Everything Being Said?

sharky

Before some of you start flaming, I'm far from being a Aint's fan but a lot of the stuff I've seen was just hard hitting football. Plus, I'm still looking and/or waiting on the evidence Goodell say he has. The PA are stilling waiting also while appealling the penalties and fines. This is a concern for me b/c what if our defense become like the Gritz Blitz of old, would Goodell find a way to say that we took out bounties? I'm just saying I want to see more evidence. I think this is a fair question. Thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fibonacci

you really think Goodell has no evidence after flamming a ton of people?

your an idiot if you think he has nothing. just like Vilma.....if Vilma was so innocent then why in the world did he wait until weeks after his punishment to say he was innocent.

Vilma states he did it due to protecting the coaches.....well 3 things

- 1. LOL look how the coaches are treating him back

2. protecting a fugitive...he better know now the courts are 100% allowed to do there tracking. (so thanks again for ruining football stupid aints.) (just like Roddy White said, "wow y'all cannot keep it in the locker room?"

3. I loved to know how his wife feels. cause one of his reasons now, is that he needs to feed his family.....really you were not thinking of your family 4 months ago. his wife is going to divorce him soon and take more of his past money.

basically 1,2,3 are Idiot, F____ing itdot, LOL what a twat idiot.

Guest Gritz

The NFL has more lawyers than you do hair follicles.

Goodell doesn't make a move unless it has been rubber stamped by their army of barristers.

I have confidence that Goodell has everything he needs in terms of documentation/evidence to back up his statements.

Re-read the original press release about the coaches suspensions. They either have a ton of evidence or they're running the biggest bluff imaginable. What Goodell is doing by not releasing the evidence is:

1. Protecting the players who talked, their stated reason for doing so.

2. Messing with the NFLPA, who are going to be shown to be supporting the players who took bounties over the the players targeted, their probably actual reason.

3. And possibly, hiding how big the bounty program was.

There's no way Goodell doesn't have evidence of the bounties. Why would someone with his intelligence do something that stupid? It just doesn't make sense. Of course he has evidence. He wanted to keep it private for the sake of the league. If this stuff goes to court, it's all going to come out in the open and it's going to get really ugly. I think it might be a sad situation to watch.

However, I'll say this. I don't really buy into the audio taping scandel.

you really think Goodell has no evidence after flamming a ton of people?

your an idiot if you think he has nothing. just like Vilma.....if Vilma was so innocent then why in the world did he wait until weeks after his punishment to say he was innocent.

Vilma states he did it due to protecting the coaches.....well 3 things

- 1. LOL look how the coaches are treating him back

2. protecting a fugitive...he better know now the courts are 100% allowed to do there tracking. (so thanks again for ruining football stupid aints.) (just like Roddy White said, "wow y'all cannot keep it in the locker room?"

3. I loved to know how his wife feels. cause one of his reasons now, is that he needs to feed his family.....really you were not thinking of your family 4 months ago. his wife is going to divorce him soon and take more of his past money.

basically 1,2,3 are Idiot, F____ing itdot, LOL what a twat idiot.

LOL!! Man, we can always count on mashburn for a good laugh. Thank you!!

I just like to add. There was a poll on the Saints forums about had bounty gate happened to the falcons a few weeks back. The majority thought it would be hilarious and admit they wouldn't care what was going on since it was the falcons it was happening to.

Guest Fibonacci

LOL!! Man, we can always count on mashburn for a good laugh. Thank you!!

laughing makes you realize I guess. just goes to show how many issues y'all have.

now if you want a true laugh then you should look no further then taintsville. number 1 nastiest place in the America. http://www.dailymail...-Las-Vegas.html

you circus freaks really do realize not only do football fans really what a joke you guys are, but so does music places.

this song started out to be written by maynard, but he states hands down the number one place to be washed out is New Orleans.

Edit: hence why he finishes everyone of his songs in your city, every time he visits there. and don't give me the 311 day. they came to realize how sick your place is and has now gone out looking.

so maybe one day you will realize that people are not laughing with you.....they are laughing at you.

just for the record I housed people, (even a saints fan) when Katrina happened, and I even started a thread on your site that said how I see goodell as going ridicolous with fines. and the only thing was he said to stop the bounty....never once did he say anything about not hitting to hard and etc.

only you fans feel like goodell is talking about hitting; Goodell is only talking about he said to quit the money bounty part of it.

Guest Fibonacci

As a Saints fan and I think most others will agree that there was a play for performance in place but not a bounty program. There is no evidence warranting one. I know Falconadie will insist there is all this evidence, but everything brought to public has not been debunked, but skewed. Sucks for fans because it looks like Brees won't be signed until this Vilma crap is sorted... Anyway if this happened tithe Failcons I would be giddy as a school girl, but hey when the Saints stomp a mud hole thru you guys again I will be here rubbing it in.

a lot and I mean a lot of things in the past have no evidence shown to the public. look at OJ Simpson only thing we knew is the glove did not fit. there was no evidence until court day. so you can beat goodell will now really keep the door shut because he does not want to truly get sued. I assure you he has evidence.

I mean do you run to the cops screaming show me evidence that my wife got a speeding tickets? all you know is she got a ticket. Because if you do go to the police about it, they will say the same thing goodell does in so many words, "I do not have to show you anything, nor your wife. and she can wait until court day to find out"......and just so you know they still will not put the evidence to the public eyes for vilmas case. they are very quiet in letting the public know things. must things we know about cases have been linked from a jury member, to a cop; and a lot of times you neve know the the details of it.

NFL hired a well known Attorney and a Public prosecutor to oversee the investigation. Sean Payton sounds like the smartest guy but he might be the dumbest of all.

1. Leave an email trail with a convicted Felon pledging money for the bounty to hurt QB on a NFL.com email address.

2. Leave a reference to bounty in an email sent by him in a PS note in an email.

3. Asking every one to get Ducks in order and lie to NFL Cover up code the saints more than the bounty program.

4. NFL is being sued by former players and they better have evidence which shows league did more than NFLPA and the players when it comes to safety.

5. Protect the guys who blew the whistle.

The biggest elephant in the room no one talking about is Greg Williams, they left a carrot dangling for his re-instatement. Testify against Saints or who ever goes after NFL, it would be one heck of a court room drama with Greg Williams on the stand.

Edited by falcons007

I'm the furthest thing from a Goodell fan, but in the case of Bounty gate, I think the truth is uglier than what's being reported. The tinfoil-bagheads believe there is some kind of conspiracy to take down a small market team because the rest of the NFL is jealous of their "success". (Explain Green Bay, then)

I think the Ain'ts arrogance reached critical mass after getting away with the Bounties on their Super Bowl* run, as well as their behavior prior to the game, add in the Ornstein involvment, escaping prosecution for the Vicodin scandal, and while i don't think anything will come out of the wiretapping case as it has been reported, where there is smoke there is fire, it got to the point where Goodell had to do something, and something significant to leave a clear message.

I think the Saints lied, stole, and cheated their way to a championship in any possible way imagined. Payton got desperate after going 7-9, 8-8 after the 10-6 NFCCG season, seeing the writing on the wall. I think the NFL knows that, and are doing whatever possible to protect the shield and keeping the Saints in New Orleans. This is more about protecting the Saints than destroying them.

As a Saints fan and I think most others will agree that there was a play for performance in place but not a bounty program. There is no evidence warranting one. I know Falconadie will insist there is all this evidence, but everything brought to public has not been debunked, but skewed. Sucks for fans because it looks like Brees won't be signed until this Vilma crap is sorted... Anyway if this happened tithe Failcons I would be giddy as a school girl, but hey when the Saints stomp a mud hole thru you guys again I will be here rubbing it in.

And, once again, a Saints fan is the only one worried about on the field performance. Really appears that they don't care if it was true or not, just what can be "proved"

You do realize the Saints organization admitted bounties happened don't you? Mentioned bounty specifically in the apology they made after the penalties were released. Strange they would apologize for something that didn't happen.

Re-read the original press release about the coaches suspensions. They either have a ton of evidence or they're running the biggest bluff imaginable. What Goodell is doing by not releasing the evidence is:

1. Protecting the players who talked, their stated reason for doing so.

2. Messing with the NFLPA, who are going to be shown to be supporting the players who took bounties over the the players targeted, their probably actual reason.

3. And possibly, hiding how big the bounty program was.

Do you think more teams may be involved? A lot of players got hurt this year, and every year as far as football is concern. Is this a league wide investigation that got started with the Saints. I'm really curious about the type of evidence they have, and why none has been presented.

Honestly, I agree with the OP. All of the hits that they have been showing have been "legal" hits. The one of Favre, the one on Warner, etc... all seemed like clean, hard hits. But as for the fines and suspensions, they are more towards what was said and the attitude the Saints players, coaching staff, and front office had towards the bounty program. Saying that you are going to murder someone and actually doing it are viewed as the same in the NFL. They didn't just put money on interceptions or forced fumbles, they were placing it on opponents heads. Also, they lied to the comish numerous times about having bounty program.

Once again you do know the Saints organization admitted they mentioned bounties to coach again correct?

I'm not going to argue with a broken record. Everything you mention has already been talked about in another thread. Dago has answered your questions over and over again I will just wait for the outcome.

Everything on a rival fans side only agrees with what was originally said and not the rebuttal.

Goodell "Vikings offensive lineman stated Hargrove told him about the Bounties" Vikings offensive linemen "I don't know what Goodells talking about he never mentioned anything to me". Everything is heresay... All we have to go on and will never be proven otherwise. Sucks if the Saints were involved in it I wish they all would be banned, but from watching the games and not havin justifiable evidence supporting a pay to injure program the fans will never know.

You missed the point- it's the Saints organization who admitted to bounties- they don't have to say anything.

http://boards.atlant...80#entry6834477

Read thru it all your questions are answered.

No, they're not, completely ignoring everything that doesn't fit your ideas is not explaining everything.

I've shown several times in that thread that basic facts are being ignored in that thread and just get ignored.

Basic facts like outside counsel is routinely used in investigations like this, contray to what many in that thread seem to think.

Do i believe in most of the things said that went on? yes

Do I believe that there are other teams that have a similar system in plays including ours? also yes

Saints were just stupid enough to get caught.....thats all

Do i believe in most of the things said that went on? yes

Do I believe that there are other teams that have a similar system in plays including ours? also yes

Saints were just stupid enough to get caught.....thats all

I think they took it to another level entirely- the difference say, between speeding- doing 75 on the expressway and 75 in a school zone.

I think they took it to another level entirely- the difference say, between speeding- doing 75 on the expressway and 75 in a school zone.

No it's like if I did 75 in a school zone and you doing the same thing but with a cop waiting right around the corner.

No it's like if I did 75 in a school zone and you doing the same thing but with a cop waiting right around the corner.

Naah, what separates the Saints from the rest is the level of organization, club participation and bounties. One thing to have the secondary players throwing money in a pot for the first INT of a game, another thing entirely to have 10K on an opposing player getting hurt, with the coach actively involved with coordinating the bounty system and contributing money to the pot.

Naah, what separates the Saints from the rest is the level of organization, club participation and bounties. One thing to have the secondary players throwing money in a pot for the first INT of a game, another thing entirely to have 10K on an opposing player getting hurt, with the coach actively involved with coordinating the bounty system and contributing money to the pot.

Sooooo you got any proof Williams gave money to specifically hurt a guy? Because from his own mouth he paid for interceptions, fumbles, key tackles like on 3rd down and inside the 20.

Edited by Breesus is back