Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambler

The Food, Recipe, And Restaurant Thread.

Do you marinate your ribs? What kind of wood do you like to use when smoking your ribs? Do you glaze your ribs at the end and do you spritz?

No on the marinate, basically I peel the membrane off, coat with mustard, apply rub, let sit for a bit while my smoker is getting lit and my fire established, ribs on indirect heat. Smoke with a combination of apple and hickory. No spritz as it's not needed when you cook in a Kamado style smoker, it's convection style cooking so the meat stays super moist. Glaze at the last 15 minutes of the cook.

This is some baby backs with my home made beer chipotle bbq sauce that I posted the recipe for in the other thread about bbq sauce.

ribs02.jpg

No on the marinate, basically I peel the membrane off, coat with mustard, apply rub, let sit for a bit while my smoker is getting lit and my fire established, ribs on indirect heat. Smoke with a combination of apple and hickory. No spritz as it's not needed when you cook in a Kamado style smoker, it's convection style cooking so the meat stays super moist. Glaze at the last 15 minutes of the cook.

This is some baby backs with my home made beer chipotle bbq sauce that I posted the recipe for in the other thread about bbq sauce.

ribs02.jpg

Do you wrap foil on the ribs after you glaze? It looks like foil marks on the ribs on the right. Does your glaze use corn syrup or do you use maple syrup?

The stuff on the right looks like shredded crab claws. The English muffins look tasty.

laugh.png

first time she made them I called them mexican pancakes and asked her for the syrup.

**don't joke around about a Latin woman's cooking....they WON'T see the humor

at any rate, it is corn flour, cheese, finely chopped veggies, and sometimes ground pork. I generally don't care for them, but my wife knows that I am a cheese freak and loads them with cheese to the point it bubbles out when cooking. they are really good

Guest Deisel

ribs02.jpg

They look fantastic.

Guest Deisel

I`m interested in the ingredients in the rub you used. I have never heard of a rub being applied for 30 days so I`m guessing it was frozen in the rub and didnt contain alot of brown sugar. Of all of the dishes I cook I am most proud of my pork ribs but I`m always looking for new ideas if you dont mind sharing.

I bought 2 packages of ribs a month ago. I cooked 1set for Fathers day, and seasoned the 2nd package and resealed them and froze them. The seasoning I use is a red pepper, salt, black pepper, Cayenne, etc. I then unfroze them Saturday and cooked them Sunday for 4 hours. Actually took them up at 3:20 as the meat was fallen off the bones when I tried turning them. Everyone said they were my best. They were SOO tender. I used a mustard barbecue sauce(sticky Fingers)

Do you wrap foil on the ribs after you glaze? It looks like foil marks on the ribs on the right. Does your glaze use corn syrup or do you use maple syrup?

Smoke for 2 hours, foil for 2 hours, cook indirect for 45 minutes more then direct for 15 minutes, baste in 5 minute intervals. No corn syrup, no syrup at all. Molasses and Honey among other things are in there though. Read the posts man, I've listed my method at least twice already in this thread.:P

Edited by Regular Guy

My move with ribs is to hit them with dry rub and refrigerate over night. The smoke with peach or apple wood for 2 hours on very low heat. Then I spray them with a mix of honey, water and apple cider vinegar, wrap them in foil, and put them back on the grill on medium low heat for another two hours. Then I take them out of the foil, hit them with a little sauce and broil them for about 10 minutes.

I don't remove the membrane as I think it holds the ribs together for the cooking process.

My move with ribs is to hit them with dry rub and refrigerate over night. The smoke with peach or apple wood for 2 hours on very low heat. Then I spray them with a mix of honey, water and apple cider vinegar, wrap them in foil, and put them back on the grill on medium low heat for another two hours. Then I take them out of the foil, hit them with a little sauce and broil them for about 10 minutes.

I don't remove the membrane as I think it holds the ribs together for the cooking process.

Everybody has their own way, whatever makes you happy is what I say do. It's supposed to be fun and then eating them is where you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Everybody has their own way, whatever makes you happy is what I say do. It's supposed to be fun and then eating them is where you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

No doubt. It's rare that I have ribs made the same way twice, and it's even more rare that I have bad ribs.

Smoked ribs for the first time yesterday with Regular Guy's recipe for Shiner Bock chipotle BBQ sauce. ******* excellent!!! Took a pic with my phone that I'll post later.

Gonna do some chicken wings with the leftover sauce today.

Also gonna try to smoke a salmon filet. Everything I'm reading says to brine the salmon, but I don't want it super salty like lox or anything. Usually I just grill salmon on a plank, slathered with pesto, but I definitely wanna keep experimenting with smoking. any ideas?

Guest Deisel

Pan Seared pot roast in the slow cooker, Krinkle fries in the oven with said oven to start up at 7:30pm, at 350 degrees for 24 minutes. It'll all be ready for the wife and I when I get home at 8:30, so non of you go telling Mrs Deisel its on. Its a surprise.

581432_4240198090606_1832675152_n.jpg

Edited by Deisel

Pan Seared pot roast in the slow cooker, Krinkle fries in the oven with said oven to start up at 7:30pm, at 350 degrees for 24 minutes. It'll all be ready for the wife and I when I get home at 8:30, so non of you go telling Mrs Deisel its on. Its a surprise.

581432_4240198090606_1832675152_n.jpg

Yeast rolls would have went well with that roast. Enjoy the fries non the less.

Ended up skipping the brine and marinating the salmon in garlic, white wine, lemon juice, and olive oil, then smoking it for about an hour over pecan wood-chips. Turned out really good- perfectly moist and not too salty. Mixed the leftovers with cream cheese, sour cream, and fresh dill to make a spread.

The chicken wings were also awesome- used the same sauce as the ribs, and smoked over hickory that I soaked in apple juice and water.

That ******* sauce Regular Guy posted is incredible! I couldn't find Shiner Bock and used Yuengling Bock instead, and only put in 2 cups of brown sugar as opposed to 3.5, but it was awesome. Still got a bottle in the fridge.

The smoke ring is perfect. Two slices of bread and some hot sauce and your all set. I cooked an 8 lb. Boston Butt today, no pics but it was off the hook.

I LOVE boston butts. I made 2 8 pounders last weekend as well as a 7.7 pound brisket flat and 5 racks of baby backs, 2 gallons of my brunswick stew, 1 gallon of scratch made baked beans, 2 giant trays of homemade mac'n cheese and 64 ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) for a family reunion. Yet after ALL of that BBQ my wife still wanted me to smoke a flat this weekend. She now prefers brisket over pulled pork, I still love pulled pork over brisket but it's close!