Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambler

The Food, Recipe, And Restaurant Thread.

16 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Young folk got to realize most of us older folks cannot take the heat anymore like they can. My daughter cookd for me down at the lake, two nights she blasted me with hot sauce and various of hot ingredients. One was a chicken recipe and the other was a Cajun beef. It was pretty good, but I asked her how much hot sauce went into to the recipes? In two nights she used almost an intire bot I had of Texas Pete, whereas I use a few drops at a time on my food. Chest was burning all weekend. I had to pull out the big guns (dissolved baking soda) kills heartburn faster than anything and is much cheaper than anti-acids. 

She is like what's the problem? Problem is I'm old...hot sauces don't affect most Millennial's. 

Lmao...... tell your daughter she’s the real MVP

5 hours ago, notthatcool said:

I guess that oak lump charcoal is great. Back before I went propane I used old tree limbs and scrap wood. :lol:

5 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

Forgot to tell everyone this, I returned the Grillbot.  Y'all dogged it out so bad (and the reviews), when it arrived, I didn't open it, just sent it back! :lol:

:lol: its better to hear it from people who care

I know y’all gonna laugh at me but I’ve never truly had chicken thighs. A few times years ago but nothing more. I’ve fell in love now. It’s pretty much all we have in the freezer. 

I peel the skin off and cook them in the rotisserie pot and OMG they are delicious. I think the reason I never ate them is because I confused them with wings and didn’t think they had as much meat

30 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I know y’all gonna laugh at me but I’ve never truly had chicken thighs. A few times years ago but nothing more. I’ve fell in love now. It’s pretty much all we have in the freezer. 

I peel the skin off and cook them in the rotisserie pot and OMG they are delicious. I think the reason I never ate them is because I confused them with wings and didn’t think they had as much meat

Thighs and legs are my favorite. I never wasted time with wings (not enough meat) and breast are usually too dry.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Thighs and legs are my favorite. I never wasted time with wings (not enough meat) and breast are usually too dry.

I can usually get them ******* just right. We usually rock drum sticks but I’ve never truly been a fan

Posted (edited)

Made queso on the BGE for first time this weekend. Pretty simple. Will be a staple for football tailgated from now on. Used this video as a guide. But used ground pork and added three chopped jalapeños 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&muted=0&autoplay=1&v=4bhmC-FHNn4&mute=0&fbclid=IwAR0mSnvZV2QM_RDAQ48Fh-MuLhNehNTdsy4JJaXqEET-rt8oZZlUrL61pCk&app=desktop

953B3399-1DC0-44F9-9155-883C083871F0.jpeg

BDF97B06-B1CB-4B10-88C2-337482CD19C6.jpeg

048FF575-3B01-46FF-8911-4AA0C8764A55.jpeg

Edited by notthatcool

On 6/14/2020 at 9:18 AM, ya_boi_j said:

In you guys opinion, what does Jasmine Rice taste like? Never had it before but keep reading different things

Tastes great!!  Pair it up with some butter chicken...........................the wife will beg you to impregnate her again!  You have been warned, learn from me!  Love you, Dad!

On 6/14/2020 at 9:39 AM, notthatcool said:

Made queso on the BGE for first time this weekend. Pretty simple. Will be a staple for football tailgated from now on. Used this video as a guide. But used ground pork and added three chopped jalapeños 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&muted=0&autoplay=1&v=4bhmC-FHNn4&mute=0&fbclid=IwAR0mSnvZV2QM_RDAQ48Fh-MuLhNehNTdsy4JJaXqEET-rt8oZZlUrL61pCk&app=desktop

953B3399-1DC0-44F9-9155-883C083871F0.jpeg

BDF97B06-B1CB-4B10-88C2-337482CD19C6.jpeg

048FF575-3B01-46FF-8911-4AA0C8764A55.jpeg

Yessir!!!

18 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Tastes great!!  Pair it up with some butter chicken...........................the wife will beg you to impregnate her again!  You have been warned, learn from me!  Love you, Dad!

She begs for that anyway ;)

I whipped it yesterday and we loved it

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol 💪🏽genes

Lawd!!!! :lol: If you're not jumping off the dresser imitating Superfly Snuka trying to kill it (and hit the target), then you haven't reached the final stage of evolution!!!:lol::slick: Don't get locked up doing this, cops might not understand, but I got that bail money ready and I keep a lawyer on retainer!:lol:

1 hour ago, Andrews_31 said:

Lawd!!!! :lol: If you're not jumping off the dresser imitating Superfly Snuka trying to kill it (and hit the target), then you haven't reached the final stage of evolution!!!:lol::slick: Don't get locked up doing this, cops might not understand, but I got that bail money ready and I keep a lawyer on retainer!:lol:

Yeah I ain't made it that far yet lol

Guest Regular Guy

You guys got me cracking up over here, lol! I love the dialog, maybe not the imagery so much lol!