The Food, Recipe, And Restaurant Thread.

gonna try that next time. I saw some Weber Kansas city bbq rub in the store but kept going. This is a dumb *** question but that's onion powder right?

yep onion powder. Just my 2 cents but i never buy premade rubs because they add to much extra stuff in it thats bad for you

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This weekend I plan on cooking the baddest azz burger on the planet and cupcake chicken ,the award winning recipe from Myron Mixon. If this is not the absolute best burger you have ever had, you bett

So, I recently bought an old travel trailer for my wife that has been "Glammed Up" as they say, it's a "Glamper". I hate saying that but that what it is. We took it out for its maiden voyage and she w

Doing some surf-n-turf with the ol' girl tonight for Valentine's. - small filet mignon w/ gorgonzola sauce - lobster (we're splitting a 3-pounder; I named him Larry and my dogs don't like him) - steam

Posted Images

I felt a little adventurous yesterday and made a whole smoked chicken. The kicker was I put a sliced lemon under the skin to bathe the meat in lemon juice as it smoked. The result made it look like a chicken with titties, lol. I put EVOO on the skin and covered it with herbs. Smoked it with a mix of hickory and apple but just slightly. It was a very nice lemon herb chicken, will do again! I served it with some mashed cauliflower (tastes like mashed potatoes), broccoli cheese bake and sauteed green beans. Low carb livin' doesn't have to taste like crap wink.png

chicka01.jpg

chicka02.jpg

chicka03.jpg

All hail the Food King!

Alright fellas. Here's the deal. Y'all have seen my food pics for a while now, you've said nothing but nice things about them. So, how would you like to actually eat some of it? I am thinking of doing a little catering here and there. I have just bought another smoker to help with larger quantities. I have 2 small gigs already lined up just to get my feet wet. The one caveat I have to mention is that I am doing this a little bit rogue. To do catering officially, I would have to open a catering business and get licensed from the county, either use a commercial kitchen (rent use of from a restaurant) or actually build my own, get health dept. inspections and register a tax i.d. with uncle sam. I don't plan on doing that just to cater some bbq, at least not yet. So, I would have to do it much like the guys hocking 'cue on the side of the road in parking lots, etc... Cash only, no credit cards. If there is interest on here, I may branch out and take on some more "gigs", tongue.png

Bro, if I had a company function down in your part of GA (mind you, although I'm in DC running someone else's business, we DO have a logging crew and a site prep crew primarily in the metro and West central Georgia areas), I'd definitely hire you for a gig!

Guest Regular Guy

Looks good Roddy!! I made one for friends that we helped move on Good Friday. It was gooood! I didn't want to leave it, lol. At least we got a few sammiches out of the deal. What kind of people show up to help move AND bring lunch? I need friends like me, haha.

I smoked it my new smoker (yes, I bought another one and yes, I am aware I have a problem lol!)

Tonight I am doing another one to KEEP, it'll be tomorrow's dinner. Can't wait!

Guest Regular Guy

Bro, if I had a company function down in your part of GA (mind you, although I'm in DC running someone else's business, we DO have a logging crew and a site prep crew primarily in the metro and West central Georgia areas), I'd definitely hire you for a gig!

Thanks man! I appreciate the nod ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Regular Guy

I see Roddy got booted again since I was here last. I have been doing some cooking here and there, not a ton though. For Mother's Day I had my MIL over and my wife's brother and his wife and a cousin of my wife. I cooked up a hodgepodge of things. Mostly finger foods. Not one dang picture though :(

I made meatballs out of ground chuck, eggs, bread crumbs and wrapped them in bacon then dusted with a coffee rub and smoked them for about 2 hours with a little maple wood. I glazed them with a chipotle beer bbq sauce. Then I smoked up a ton of wings, some just had a spicy rub on them, some S&P. Those were smoked with apple and peach wood. The S&P wings got glazed in the same BBQ sauce I used on the meatballs (which are called moinks btw).

I also smoked up about 30 Atomic Buffalo Turds (Jalapeno halves filled with a mixture of cheddar and cream cheese with paprika and cayenne, wrapped in bacon and smoked for 2-3 hours). Before all of that was done, I smoked a 9 pound Boston Butt for 16 hours with apple, peach and hickory.

I had 4 smokers going at once, you wouldn't believe how good my back yard smelled, it ought to be a crime. I know it was driving my neighbors nutty :P I even used my gas grill as a holding station, keeping all of the food that was finished nice and hot. Worked out great.

For dessert I baked up a dozen Chocolate Chunk cookies and a dozen White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies. My MIL talked about that meal for days, said it was the best food she's ever eaten in her entire life! LOL.

I'll be doing it again next weekend (Memorial Day weekend). My daughter is graduating and I have family coming in so I am going to feed them well. Smoking up 4 Butts, making some baked beans, cole slaw, brunswick stew, moinks, ABTs all from scratch. Probably bake up some more cookies too. Maybe I'll snap some pics of that cook if I have the time.

Meanwhile, so you don't go away empty handed, look at these cookies I turned into Ice Cream Sandwiches (Chip Wich)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg