Rambler

The Food, Recipe, And Restaurant Thread.

1,639 posts in this topic

Yeah roddy decided to act foolish on mothers day and Tuggle kicked him out. I would show my wife these cookies but I dont think she would know how to handle it

Yeah roddy decided to act foolish on mothers day and Tuggle kicked him out. I would show my wife these cookies but I dont think she would know how to handle it

Man, how many times does that make for him? lol. I assume he is LouDog right? He's had several names, I lose track. I know he's not liked but overall he's a good guy, he just gets bent out of shape easily and that's like blood in the water to some around here and it goes sideways fast. I'm sure he's already back on here, lol

Man, how many times does that make for him? lol. I assume he is LouDog right? He's had several names, I lose track. I know he's not liked but overall he's a good guy, he just gets bent out of shape easily and that's like blood in the water to some around here and it goes sideways fast. I'm sure he's already back on here, lol

yeah he went off on a minivans about celebrating mothers day every day instead of a holiday. Tuggle'2 asked him to chill and he kept on lol

yeah he went off on a minivans about celebrating mothers day every day instead of a holiday. Tuggle'2 asked him to chill and he kept on lol

LOL, he was high, that's all wink.png

ya_boi_j likes this

I always liked LouDog, these new mods are some power hungry ban happy little girlies IM\HO ....very very obvious they are ate up with their own power/importance etc...... freaking pathetic actually....

Here's a few pictures of what I have been cooking since yesterday. I am doing a big fresh ham on one my kegs and I did a brisket on my electric smoker. It's already done and my wife wasn't able to show restraint so we ate brisket for breakfast, lol.

You'll notice that electric smokers do not impart a smoke ring, it takes charcoal to do that. I could've added a fake smoke ring using pink salt but chose to not worry about it. It tasted plenty smokey. I seasoned simply with kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper. VERY TASTY ISH!!! I normally inject briskets and use a complicated rub, this was a nice change of pace. I dug it a lot!

I don't have any of the done pics of the ham, I'm cooking it like a butt, low and slow to an internal temp of mid 190s. Here's what I got so far.

tex01.jpg

tex02.jpg

tex03.jpg

tex04.jpg
Goal Line D and ya_boi_j like this

Dang man, you made me self conscious about my arm veins, lol!!! They're always like that. I have freakishly strong hands so I guess they need a lot of blood going to them tongue.png

Here's the pork that just got done. Letting it hang out in a towel lined cooler until later. Should be good.

tex11.jpg

ya_boi_j likes this

2.63???

Whose trunk did you snag these from and does he service suwanee??

piggy wiggy lol. Not the one on the hood though,the up to date one

Gents (and the occasional Lady that may read this thread) I am going to share something good with you today. It's a recipe for something called a "Moink". It stands for Moo + Oink. Cow and Pig....Beef and Bacon, best friends. It's a great appetizer or an entree, whatever you want it to be. Here's how I make them.

First off, what is a Moink? It's a bacon wrapped meatball that is smoked and then glazed with your favorite BBQ sauce.

I buy 3 pounds of 80/20 ground chuck or if I have a big enough chuck roast, I grind my own (much better that way). Into a large bowl I add 2 large eggs to the meat, about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of regular bread crumbs. I eyeball it, so it's tough to say exactly how much. You just want enough to act as a binder with the egg to help the meatballs hold their shape. Into that I add maybe a tablespoon each of onion powder, garlic powder, and about 2 teaspoons each of kosher salt and pepper. Not too much seasoning as after it's all mixed I portion into ping pong sized balls and wrap with 1/2 piece of bacon and dust with a coffee rub. Lately I've been using the one made by Weber. It has salt and obviously so does the bacon.

I smoke them at 225° for about 2-3 hours with peach wood. Toward the end of the cook, I brush them with bbq sauce and let it set up then rotate and brush again. They come out all nice and sticky. Melt in your mouth. It's one of my favorite things to make and it's super easy and cheap to boot wink.png

moinks03.jpg

moinks04.jpg

moinks01.jpg

moinks02.jpg

Enjoy!!

Goal Line D and Shuswap like this

It's been a while since I made some "sassidge" so I made some Texas Hot Links up yesterday and have them on the smoker as I type this. I tried a little of the meat fried up before I stuffed it into the casings and it's going to be gooooood wink.png

Lots of spice, garlic, peppers and beer, how could it possibly be bad?

txhot01.jpg

Will post more pics later!

WhenFalconsWin likes this

It's been a while since I made some "sassidge" so I made some Texas Hot Links up yesterday and have them on the smoker as I type this. I tried a little of the meat fried up before I stuffed it into the casings and it's going to be gooooood wink.png

Lots of spice, garlic, peppers and beer, how could it possibly be bad?

txhot01.jpg

Will post more pics later!

I'll bring the beer, what time do you want me over?

I'll bring the beer, what time do you want me over?

I'd say that it ought to be done about 4:00 this afternoon. I have Shiner Bock beer getting cold, so we're good wink.png Actually I am just smoking it today, not eating it. Once smoked I will vacuum seal it in portions and cook it as needed on the grill. I am going to cook some for the 4th, along with some baby backs, moinks and possibly a brisket. Red potato salad, baked beans, Texas Toast, some raw onion and pickles and sauce on the side. Should be tasty!

Here they are fresh off of the smoker. I just have to let them sit and cool for a couple of hours and then they're ready to vac seal up and freeze and I'm sure one will make it's way into a frying pan, just for quality control tongue.png

txhot02.jpg

txhot03.jpg