I Hate When People Do This, But I'm Curious About The Mindset Of "ryan Fans" Vs "ryan Haters" If...

by some act of God (and I believe it would take one) Blaine Gabbert turns in some kind of spectacular all pro season under MM's head coaching tutelage. Not only that, but what would happen to the psyche of people (like me) who thought Koetter was doing all he could with the talent in Jax. Sure...they're a different team now, but I wonder what the MB's would be like, especially if we were to somehow NOT make the playoffs. Just wondering...

Guest Gritz

Since, in my estimation, the hardcore Ryan fans and Ryan haters only comprise about 25% of this board I think the fallout from your scenario would be negligible.

Most posters on here have a pretty reasonable and solid appraisal of Ryan.

Since, in my estimation, the hardcore Ryan fans and Ryan haters only comprise about 25% of this board I think the fallout from your scenario would be negligible.

As do I. I'm guessing you're right though. The hardcore guys seem more numerous than they really are in most cases. I just saw an article on ESPN saying something to the effect of don't judge Gabbert so soon and it got the wheels turning.

I could give a **** at this point. Matt is our QB, Mularkey is gone. We won't see the jags for 3 years unless we see them in the Super Bowl (Good luck with that happening with Mularkey coaching).

I'm so tired of the Matt vs Flacco, Matt vs, Vick. The last worry on my mind is Matt vs. Blaine freaking Gabbert. I don't think I've ever met a person named Blaine that ever gave any reason to give him a second thought.The name does't exactly strike fear. if he has a good year, good for him.

Matt Ryan is the winningest, most consistent QB to ever put on a Falcons uni. He's our guy until he's not on the team anymore. All that matters is the Falcons winning a Super Bowl, and I believe we have a better chance of getting to one with him, than giving up on him and taking our chances drafting some unproven kid, or trading for someone some team is trying to get rid of.

Just curious as too what does Blaine Gabbert having an all-pro season have to do with Ryan. It's not like we passed on Gab for Matt. I know MM is there HC now, but that doesn't really mean much. I'm pretty sure his OC is a better coach then him and will call most of the plays. I don't think Koetter will make Matt into the 2nd coming of Jesus but we will be better overall as a unit. Who really cares what the Jags do.

It's about what Ryan does this season. It has nothing to do with what any other QB in the league does. Honestly.

If Ryan turns into a TO machine that can't hit the broadside of a barn, you'll see a lot of the board implode. If Ryan puts up a monster season and wins the Superbowl, you'll see a bunch of bandwagoners. If he puts up a solid season but loses in the Playoffs, you'll see much of the same.

I could give a **** at this point. Matt is our QB, Mularkey is gone. We won't see the jags for 3 years unless we see them in the Super Bowl (Good luck with that happening with Mularkey coaching).

I'm so tired of the Matt vs Flacco, Matt vs, Vick. The last worry on my mind is Matt vs. Blaine freaking Gabbert. I don't think I've ever met a person named Blaine that ever gave any reason to give him a second thought.The name does't exactly strike fear. if he has a good year, good for him.

Matt Ryan is the winningest, most consistent QB to ever put on a Falcons uni. He's our guy until he's not on the team anymore. All that matters is the Falcons winning a Super Bowl, and I believe we have a better chance of getting to one with him, than giving up on him and taking our chances drafting some unproven kid, or trading for someone some team is trying to get rid of.

He's the most winningest REGULAR SEASON Falcons QB. That's for sure

Just curious as too what does Blaine Gabbert having an all-pro season have to do with Ryan. It's not like we passed on Gab for Matt. I know MM is there HC now, but that doesn't really mean much. I'm pretty sure his OC is a better coach then him and will call most of the plays. I don't think Koetter will make Matt into the 2nd coming of Jesus but we will be better overall as a unit. Who really cares what the Jags do.

In your mind and my mind (and reality) the two are not related. There is a Jags/Falcons connection with all the coach/player swapping so some folks on here are very serious about the comparisons though. Heck...even Pigtrino coached for the Jags at one point. I'm just curious about the irrational posters and how they will try to spin it.

I'm not a Ryan fan. I'm a fan of winning and he has been winning......although my patience is slightly running thin because of the playoff losses, I'm still glad he's our QB for now. I think in three seasons we will know what we're really getting from Ryan.

Regardless, I'm a Falcons fan and weather I like it or not, Ryan is my QB.

Obviously you never played the original Pokemon games.

Thats still only 2% of the Vick haters vs Vick Lovers groups.

So if/when he wins a play off game he will just be the winningest Falcons QB then? I'm not trying ot be sarcastic or doucebaggy or anything, I'm just asking.

I normally don't get into the Ryan vs Vick talk

Because its stupid to me but Matt has to win In

The playoff for me to say he's better then Vick.

Put Vick on this team with the weapons we have

The falcons would be dangerous.

Matt can't throw the long ball and as much

As people complain about our o-line it was worse

When Vick was here.

Plus we had a coach who didn't know what

He was doing in my opinion.

I'm drinking the Matt Ryan Koolaid. I think with a better line and a better defense there'd be no question about his ability to win a playoff game. I love it how everyone blames Ryan for not winning a playoff game when each time it seems to be our defense letting us down. I was at the Packers game a couple years ago and I remember us struggling to get points on the board and then the Packers would get the ball and walk right up the field with it. I know Ryan threw some crushing picks late in the 1st half but I think those were forced because of poor protection.

I'm drinking the Matt Ryan Koolaid. I think with a better line and a better defense there'd be no question about his ability to win a playoff game. I love it how everyone blames Ryan for not winning a playoff game when each time it seems to be our defense letting us down. I was at the Packers game a couple years ago and I remember us struggling to get points on the board and then the Packers would get the ball and walk right up the field with it. I know Ryan threw some crushing picks late in the 1st half but I think those were forced because of poor protection.

Don't get me wrong I like Matt

But if you can find the scouting report on him

When he was drafted it was on point.

He win games just not the big ones

And that's what I'm seeing now

It's nice to have a good regular season

But the playoff is where it matters.

Look at the last 2 Super Bowl winners

Both team barley made the playoff

Horrible regular season but turned it on

When it counted.

Not blaming it all on him it's a team game

But Matty ice looks lost when it comes

To playoff games.

Go look at that last playoff game I'm

All for throwing the ball away when nothing

There but you can't do that the whole game.

Like he did in that gaints game.

True he was running for his life but ive seen

Plays made when under pressure. I.e

Eli vs the pat when he won his first super

Bowl I don't see Matt making that play.

And we're not even gonna talk about that

Pick six and the end of the 1st half of that

Packers game.

Edited by ATL30342

It's about what Ryan does this season. It has nothing to do with what any other QB in the league does. Honestly.

If Ryan turns into a TO machine that can't hit the broadside of a barn, you'll see a lot of the board implode. If Ryan puts up a monster season and wins the Superbowl, you'll see a bunch of bandwagoners. If he puts up a solid season but loses in the Playoffs, you'll see much of the same.

This pretty much sums it up ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's about what Ryan does this season. It has nothing to do with what any other QB in the league does. Honestly. If Ryan turns into a TO machine that can't hit the broadside of a barn, you'll see a lot of the board implode. If Ryan puts up a monster season and wins the Superbowl, you'll see a bunch of bandwagoners. If he puts up a solid season but loses in the Playoffs, you'll see much of the same.

This is all that needs to be said.