How Much Do Numbers Matter?

What does this all mean? It means that both Smith and Newton are doing exactly what their teams need them to do in order to try and win as many football games as possible.

QB stats = system based

Like A. Blank said "i dont like stats because they can be spun to make any point valid."

QB stats = system based

Like A. Blank said "i dont like stats because they can be spun to make any point valid."

partially, but you still have to have a QB who is good enough to operate the system.

how many QBs do you see out there that could come in and operate our system as well as Brees?

partially, but you still have to have a QB who is good enough to operate the system.

how many QBs do you see out there that could come in and operate our system as well as Brees?

But the system has been setup for Brees. I dont think you could just change QB in a system like that and expect the same results. Like if Payton took over for Brees the system would have to change to fit Manning even if it stays aggressive.

Thats why people worry about RG 3 vs say Cam who Carolina let do his thing. The system can bind you down. Thats all on coaching and how they teach a QB and how much control they are willing to give.

But the system has been setup for Brees. I dont think you could just change QB in a system like that and expect the same results. Like if Payton took over for Brees the system would have to change to fit Manning even if it stays aggressive.

Thats why people worry about RG 3 vs say Cam who Carolina let do his thing. The system can bind you down. Thats all on coaching and how they teach a QB and how much control they are willing to give.

but if the system fits than individual QB, then they are both equally relevant

I agree that Brees benefits from our system, but on the other hand our system benefits from Brees. One wouldn't work nearly as well without the other IMO.

designing a system to take advantage of your QBs strengths is just good coaching. That is one problem I have with Falcons coaching. They need to stop trying to be Green Bay or New Orleans....Ryan is not that kind of QB. Who cares what the system is as long as it is the one your QB can reach his greatest potential?

Put Ryan in a WCO and watch his productivity and efficiency go up

I agree that Brees benefits from our system, but on the other hand our system benefits from Brees. One wouldn't work nearly as well without the other IMO.

designing a system to take advantage of your QBs strengths is just good coaching. That is one problem I have with Falcons coaching. They need to stop trying to be Green Bay or New Orleans....Ryan is not that kind of QB. Who cares what the system is as long as it is the one your QB can reach his greatest potential?

Put Ryan in a WCO and watch his productivity and efficiency go up

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time I was reading your post. If they would build his offense around him instead of vice versa then that offense would reach the next level they are looking for.

designing a system to take advantage of your QBs strengths is just good coaching. That is one problem I have with Falcons coaching. They need to stop trying to be Green Bay or New Orleans....

I think they wanted to add a part of their game to ours. problem was our oline couldn't pass protect. But even the routes we run are "safe" routes. Our system is set off playing it safe. If Ryan goes down then Redman comes in and just plays it safe enough to not lose.

GB and the Saints do anything but play it safe and thats not how we are. Thats coaching. But if Ryan went to NO and Brees came to ATL then the falcons system would get more aggressive while the Saints would be dubbed down until Ryan picks it up.

It is clearly coaching, thats why fans started turning on the coaches last season. Not just was it playing ti safe, it was predictable at that. Saints you couldn't say neither about.

Where did I mention Tony Romo? Where did the article? Where was Jeff George?

Why is Romo even being brought up?

Because I was combining 37454415 posts in my head and I forgot my aderalll I know is that the post office closes around 400 marbles are under my desk in school was blue I think about her some times the root of x is equal rights is a phrase of ten rebounds and three assists in applying the restraining bolt was a cheesy movie.

Romo.

Because I was combining 37454415 posts in my head and I forgot my aderalll I know is that the post office closes around 400 marbles are under my desk in school was blue I think about her some times the root of x is equal rights is a phrase of ten rebounds and three assists in applying the restraining bolt was a cheesy movie.

Romo.

Lol...:D

Double edge sword though, take the Patriots for example, everyone pegged them as done when Brady went down, but Cassel came in and operated the system quite nicely. Same for Rodgers and Flynn. Now take the colts as the opposite end of this spectrum, when Peyton left the team crumbled cause the quarterbacks couldn't handle the system. So, I think you have to have a combination of both a strong system and players who are capable of learning and running the system effectively.

Romo.

iseewhatyoudidtheresupec.jpg

Edited by dirtydealin5858