Smitty Coming Up On Nfl:32 Right Now

vel

Recap:

Greatest area of improvement needed: 3rd down defense. Achilles Heel.

Nolan hire gives us flexibility and multiplicity with 4-3 and 3-4.

Nolan was brought in due to his strength of 3rd down defense.

First step is to become relevant. Next step is winning in the playoffs.

Admits he hasn't done a very good job of getting the guys ready of getting ready for the playoffs.

Need to get better at keeping them prepared for the beginning middle and end of the season.

Fostering a more competitive attitude on the entire roster.

Wants every one of the 90 guys on the roster to feel they are competing for a spot.

Not a matter of where you were drafted or $000s on the check, it's the best man.

Need to get competitive edge back and that starts with the roster.

Feels Matt is an elite QB but needs playoff wins.

Has to take more of a leadership role and has shown that so far in offseason programs.

Obviously I didn't catch it all but Smitty was a little bit more candid than the usual Falcon interview. I get a sense that it is no more Mr. Nice Smitty and Co. Finally. They are holding Matt accountable as well. Nobody is getting off for the lack of winning in the postseason.

@Vel. Great recap!

Man I sure hope we can come together this year and go into the playoffs with a sense of urgency and put a hurt on somebody. It's getting really old watching us get slammed in the post season. Time to really Rise Up!

That was a great interview. Smitty has really done some soul searching

Yea, you can really tell this will be a different year top to bottom. This isn't the same ole Smitty. He is on the hot seat and is battle tested. He's clearly realized he's lost his fire too and it's rubbed off on the team.

I really did like the interview. He is going to challenge the team this year. It helps that he has Nolan with him too. I want to see how tough Koetter is going to be. I know Pat Hill is going to have that OLine fiery but Koetter will need to regrow Ryan's balls and re-energize this dull offense

I caught the entire interview and I feel really good about this season. It sounds like he has finally made some desicions on using this team that he and TD have built. Absolutley loaded with talent but way underused and alot of times the team didn't believe in itself. The way he was talking made it sound like he's shed all of that. It's time to get aggressive and play with fire. And the fact that everyone will be held accountable is great. Gets a sense of urgency in a man if he thinks his position might be gone tomorow if he doesn't produce today right? It all has a trickle down effect.

Recap:

Greatest area of improvement needed: 3rd down defense. Achilles Heel.

Nolan hire gives us flexibility and multiplicity with 4-3 and 3-4.

Nolan was brought in due to his strength of 3rd down defense.

First step is to become relevant. Next step is winning in the playoffs.

Admits he hasn't done a very good job of getting the guys ready of getting ready for the playoffs.

Need to get better at keeping them prepared for the beginning middle and end of the season.

Fostering a more competitive attitude on the entire roster.

Wants every one of the 90 guys on the roster to feel they are competing for a spot.

Not a matter of where you were drafted or $000s on the check, it's the best man.

Need to get competitive edge back and that starts with the roster.

Feels Matt is an elite QB but needs playoff wins.

Has to take more of a leadership role and has shown that so far in offseason programs.

Obviously I didn't catch it all but Smitty was a little bit more candid than the usual Falcon interview. I get a sense that it is no more Mr. Nice Smitty and Co. Finally. They are holding Matt accountable as well. Nobody is getting off for the lack of winning in the postseason.

Sounds beautiful! Awesome! Everything I was dying to hear and then some! No more of him being the Bobby Cox of the NFL.

That was a great interview. Smitty has really done some soul searching

Watched this live, the thing that got me the most was he handled the interview perfectly. They tried to back him into a corner to get him to say "Where are the flaws" so to speak, but Smitty stayed trued to the subject without using to many of those "IN TERMS OF", although he did say "IN TERMS OF" a couple times. Smitty was Smitty ICE so to speak : "In Terms of Interviewing SKills".

This was a cool interview, too bad it was by phone and not on the show itself, but hey, that just goes to show where his heart is and where he is concentrating on in this offseason. THE FALCONS!!!!!!!!!

I really liked to hear what he said about what Nolan brings to the Table and the possibilities on how the Falcons might change formations.

As everyone knows, it must start at the top. The mentalilty of the coach bleeds of to the players. So I love the step in the right direction. One thing I don't like is that he talks about steps and playoff wins. There should be only one goal in mind and that is a SUPERBOWL.

I would be supper happy for a playoff win and for my team to go deep into the playoffs as would most teams. You will never hear the top coaches saying they want a playoff win. I know Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in a long time but you know Jerry Jones isn't thinking about a playoff win. He is thinking about a Superbowl. That has to be the focus and the only focus.