Greg Cosell Nfc South Draft

atljbo

http://t.co/tPTo63q7

Falcons convo is 1:40 - 14:35

() = my words

Pretty good break down on our draft.

Summery

Matt Ryan

-It seem like they think Matt Ryan gets to much criticism.. They said was Ryan on that D that couldnt stop Rodgers.

- He has improved an aspect of his game each year

- Right now Matt Ryan is a guy who needs a clean pocket to operate at his best...

- To take the next step Ryan has to be able to function better under pressure/ pocket movement (Whats crazy he was pretty good vs pressure in 2010.. Not so much last year)

-Ryan doesnt have Rodgers type tools but he is more in that Brady Group (as in tools)

- Basically Ryan has to improve on his Pocket movement

They seem to like our draft (its good to hear from ppl that actually watch tape)

Peter Konz

- He is more of an athletic lineman (should fit ourzone scheme)

-He is not a weakling (what most feel an athletic O-Lineman is) ... He has a nice combination of movement and strength// He is not a roadgrader tho

Lamar Holmes (Cosell seems to like Holmes)

- Holmes is a naturally powerful Lineman that needs coaching but all of his problems are coachable

- In many snaps he looked good in pass protection

- He showed good movement working to the 2nd level

- All of his potential Flaws are Coachable.. Its just how long is that process.

- Lamar Holmes played against Vinny Curry and he held his own (he held his own vs good comp) ...Mike Adams was clearly over matched when he faced Curry

- He thinks Holms can play LT in the right scheme.

I dont have the time to type up everything but they liked Ewing and Mas (Doug thought Mas was a potential gem) .... Cosell thought Charles Mitchell was a potential gem..... He like him as a player.. He thinks he could start in this league.... Also.. Cosell is not a fan of Decous's

Its a good listen ... If you have time.. Check it out

Its good to see someone outside of us actually saying good things for a change...I like this draft though. If they can coach them right and engrave a bada** type mentality to them they'll come out productive....

I quit reading when he said Konz should fit our zone scheme. Nevermind that fact we haven't run that scheme in 5 years.

EIther someone doesn't know the game or doesn't watch our team. Either way, I have no use in that person's opinion about a draft that, quite frankly, you can't truly evaluate until YEARS down the road.

I quit reading when he said Konz should fit our zone scheme. Nevermind that fact we haven't run that scheme in 5 years.

EIther someone doesn't know the game or doesn't watch our team. Either way, I have no use in that person's opinion about a draft that, quite frankly, you can't truly evaluate until YEARS down the road.

Those are my words.... Koetter had a zone scheme with the Jags and Pat Hill also ran zone... Im putting 2 and 2 together

Pretty sure we're switching to a zone scheme. And...

2rngg29.gif

Pretty sure you don't take a pair of big athletic lineman for a zone scheme. Atlanta will continue to run a combination of man and zone they have run and that Koetter and Hill have been running.

Pretty sure you do take athletic linemen for a zone scheme. The fact that they're big doesn't rule out their ability to play zone. Sure we will still have some man, but Koetter and Hill ran primarily zone schemes, if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty sure you do take athletic linemen for a zone scheme. The fact that they're big doesn't rule out their ability to play zone. Sure we will still have some man, but Koetter and Hill ran primarily zone schemes, if I'm not mistaken.

not true at all. Koetter ran pretty much a 60-40 split zone to man and Hill was around a 70-30 split of zone to man. For the record last year, Mularkey ran a 60-40 split zone to man.