Romo: The Window Is Not Closing

Enlightened32

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Romo`s response last night on a few sights. Romo got joked bad on them. He should have just ignored that question and stayed away from it. Its a trick question for him. He did give a politically correct answer though. But he should have still left that 1 alone.

The bad thing about "window closing" talk is once the media gets thinking that, every loss will pull that headline backup and keep talking about it. Media loves to create drama like that. The Cowboys PR department should have told both of them to drop that and say something good like "we feel good about this team and the direction we are going, we the new pieces in place. We are really excited about this year."

I like the Falcons approach "we dont say nothing and when we do its the most expected non controversial most politically correct answer it could be". We screwed up last year and said "getting Jones would help make us more explosive". By week 3 i was sick of that word. Cowboys should avoid any mention of word windows.

The Cowboys window does not rest squarely on Romo. If you can't protect him.....expect more of the same, can't establish a running game.......expect more of the same, defense doesn't improve drastically.......expect more of the same. See the pattern?

The Cowboys window does not rest squarely on Romo. If you can't protect him.....expect more of the same, can't establish a running game.......expect more of the same, defense doesn't improve drastically.......expect more of the same. See the pattern?

Thats like saying the Saints window isnt open or closed by Brees. No matter whats the issue, the media is gonna put it on the QB. The fact he also has the stats only makes it worse. While its a team sport, any Franchise QB is gonna take the majority of the blame in the medias eyes if they dont win.

Same thing with Ryan. Our oline couldnt block the wind last season and while the media admits that. At the end of the season its all about Ryan not winning in the playoffs. Not how bad our pass rush was or our pass D or the Oline. Its all about the QB to the media.

But if you win then the media credits the QB to no end if your a franchise QB and not Smith or Teebow.

This is what Ive been saying and why I say 8-8 this year is a strong possibility. When I look at what the Eagles did last year and still ended up 8-8 I dont see what tells me that were going to do better this year.

However, I think the Cowboys made some moves this offseason that will definitely make the future brighter.

Thats like saying the Saints window isnt open or closed by Brees. No matter whats the issue, the media is gonna put it on the QB. The fact he also has the stats only makes it worse. While its a team sport, any Franchise QB is gonna take the majority of the blame in the medias eyes if they dont win.

Same thing with Ryan. Our oline couldnt block the wind last season and while the media admits that. At the end of the season its all about Ryan not winning in the playoffs. Not how bad our pass rush was or our pass D or the Oline. Its all about the QB to the media.

But if you win then the media credits the QB to no end if your a franchise QB and not Smith or Teebow.

Now you know what it is like to be a Romo fan, congrats.

Also, in Dallas its even worse on Romo. Hes 32 and there is no one behind him to take the reigns.

Now you know what it is like to be a Romo fan, congrats.

Also, in Dallas its even worse on Romo. Hes 32 and there is no one behind him to take the reigns.

Thats the worse insult you have ever used on me!

No falcon fans just know how fickle the media is. Ryan has a great season record but playoffs = pfft. Then to add insult to injury. Every team we face in the playoffs ends up in the superbowl. The falcons like the pats and colts just are boring teams to the media. They say stuff and actually say nothing at all. So the media moves on.

Romo at his age and with his stats and being in Dallas is just the perfect storm for the media to gravitate to. Its headlines for them.

At the end of the day the fans are the same way (the majority of them are anyways). Be it Romo, Ryan, Rodgers or anyone not placed in that Elite group. You either win in the playoffs or the fans will turn on you just as fast as the media. The fans know why the QB may have not done as well from week to week. But come FA and the Draft. Fans want that shiny new toy top tier FA or that #1 future HOF franchise QB. Look how fast the Colts fans turned on Manning. It was almost sad When we played them, they had fans wearing Luck jerseys then.

The media just loves to stir the pot and get the fans Rallied up over it.

Thats the worse insult you have ever used on me!

No falcon fans just know how fickle the media is. Ryan has a great season record but playoffs = pfft. Then to add insult to injury. Every team we face in the playoffs ends up in the superbowl. The falcons like the pats and colts just are boring teams to the media. They say stuff and actually say nothing at all. So the media moves on.

Romo at his age and with his stats and being in Dallas is just the perfect storm for the media to gravitate to. Its headlines for them.

At the end of the day the fans are the same way (the majority of them are anyways). Be it Romo, Ryan, Rodgers or anyone not placed in that Elite group. You either win in the playoffs or the fans will turn on you just as fast as the media. The fans know why the QB may have not done as well from week to week. But come FA and the Draft. Fans want that shiny new toy top tier FA or that #1 future HOF franchise QB. Look how fast the Colts fans turned on Manning. It was almost sad When we played them, they had fans wearing Luck jerseys then.

The media just loves to stir the pot and get the fans Rallied up over it.

Agreed, I wouldnt have minded getting DeCastro if Claiborne wasnt an option. I think if Romo had better protection hed make better decisions.

The window is closed....painted shut some years back. The shutter's hinges are rusted in the closed position and the curtains are drawn.

We werent talking about the Falcons. That window has been closed for 45 years.

Edited by Enlightened29

Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

How is it not closing?

Has Romo succeeded where Ponce de Leon failed?

Let's be real here Tony my boy.

You've got 3 years at the absolute maximum.

How is it not closing?

Has Romo succeeded where Ponce de Leon failed?

Let's be real here Tony my boy.

You've got 3 years at the absolute maximum.

Give Garrett 3 years to build this team and there is a good shot that well be in contention those 3 years. I have a very good feeling about Garrett being in charge.

Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

Give Garrett 3 years to build this team and there is a good shot that well be in contention those 3 years. I have a very good feeling about Garrett being in charge.

Jerry will not give him that long.

It's playoffs this year, or he's out.

Jerry will not give him that long.

It's playoffs this year, or he's out.

LOL, you have no idea what you are talking about...and I dont feel like filling you in. The more and more some of you talk the more and more it becomes obvious that youve never seen a Dallas game, gone to their website, heard anything behind the scenes, or get any info about the team other than ESPN and NFLN. Just laughable.

Edited by Enlightened29

Guest ¡Spot on Dtan!

I have sources that would make your head spin.

And I don't even need to whip those out to tell you that Garret's on a very limited rope.

Per NFLN:

"Well, my window is getting shorter. Time goes by," Jones told NFL Network at the NFL spring meetings. "I do feel real pressure because we do have players not only in (quarterback) Tony Romo, but (tight end) Jason Witten (and linebacker) DeMarcus Ware, to leave out several that are (also) in the prime of their career. And we need to strike and strike soon with those guys.

"(Coach) Jason Garrett feels exactly the same way about it and understands how urgent it is. Candidly, you're looking through rose-colored glasses if we all don't realize that now is the time to compete on the field."

Does that sound like a patient man to you?

wasn't the video in the link a response to Jerry Jones saying the window was closing? I didn't watch it, but all the articles today are "Jerry Jones saying the championship window is closing, Romo says it's not"

Garrett is the man that Jerry wanted in place. Jerry isnt going to fire him after his second full year. Keep telling yourself whatever you need to though. Wade got 3 years, Garrett is on his second. Jerry hasnt said a thing about Garrett. So no matter what you say about Jerry being impatient, I know who is building this team, I know who is redirecting this team, and I know who is in charge of this team right now. So keep pulling up whatever you want and twist it however you want. Garrett isnt going anywhere.

wasn't the video in the link a response to Jerry Jones saying the window was closing? I didn't watch it, but all the articles today are "Jerry Jones saying the championship window is closing, Romo says it's not"

A man in an office vs a guy who is the on the field general...who to believe, who to believe...

If I were an opposing fan trying to make a point because I hate the Cowboys I would be inclined to go with Jones, yet if I were an intelligent fan that knew that football was played on the practice field and on game day...Id be more incline to go with Romo. Choices, choices...does writing checks or actually working out with the guys give you the better perspective, MAN thats a tough one.

A man in an office vs a guy who is the on the field general...who to believe, who to believe...

If I were an opposing fan trying to make a point because I hate the Cowboys I would be inclined to go with Jones, yet if I were an intelligent fan that knew that football was played on the practice field and on game day...Id be more incline to go with Romo. Choices, choices...does writing checks or actually working out with the guys give you the better perspective, MAN thats a tough one.

if we are talking about some ones opinion, that's one thing. if we are talking about who's in charge of over seeing the direction of the team.... i go with the guy in the office. jones has the final say. "if" the cowboys miss again... and romo hasn't improved his image.. its not hard to imagine jones pulling the trigger

This is why I said "not squarley on his shoulders", meaning he does factor into the equation, he's just not the only factor. Same with Ryan, just because the media or fans says it's all on him doesn't make it so. The QB does take a lot of the heat when his team is not as successful as they're expected to be, but once you start breaking down what went wrong, you can start looking at other elements that may have contributed to the disappointment. If we were to look at the cowboys season objectively, anyone should have been able to tell that Romo is the least of the that teams problems.

Edited by meezy0236

if we are talking about some ones opinion, that's one thing. if we are talking about who's in charge of over seeing the direction of the team.... i go with the guy in the office. jones has the final say. "if" the cowboys miss again... and romo hasn't improved his image.. its not hard to imagine jones pulling the trigger

You show me one place where Jones himself has said that Romo's or Garrett's job is in jeopardy...not the media, not a quote...you show me a video of Jerry himself saying this and then Ill listen. Until then...sleep.png

Edited by Enlightened29

You show me one place where Jones himself has said that Romo's or Garrett's job is in jeopardy...not the media, not a quote...you show me a video of Jerry himself saying this and then Ill listen. Until then.. ill cover my ears and scream like a girl.sleep.png

lol @ last line.

i'm speaking out of pure speculation.