Who Is Under More Pressure In 2012/13, Mike Vick Or Matt Ryan?

091611_Vick-Ryan_400.jpg

All biased opinions aside, both of these qbs are undoubtedly under major pressure for post season success. Ryan and his winless playoff apearances and renewed coaching staff, and Vick and his fresh start new contract, with an assembled "dream team" with resigned vets. Both have been handed an arsenal of weapons in a qb happy passing league. In a tough nfc conference, which player has more pressure to succeed this year?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick should be. Matt has an entire career ahead of him.

Vick is on the wrong side of 30, and injury prone. He has way less time on a team with no rings, with higher expectations in a division where the Redskins have 3 rings, the Giants have 4, and Dallas has 5.

Being an Eagle QB has far more pressure than probably any team in the NFL in the "what have you done for me lately" NFL..

Undoubtedly it's Michael Vick.

1. Eagles fans are horrible. They were throwing McNabb under the bus while he was leading them to NFC Championship after NFC Championship. Vick will not get a "pass" for under-performing.

2. Vick is turning 32 years old next month. Granted, QB's can generally play into later years than other positions, his speed and elusiveness will only diminish as he gets older, which is still his most dangerous weopon.

3. He had 19 TD's to 18 turnovers last season (including rushing). He's coming off a bad year.

4. After all the hype, the Eagles still missed the playoffs.

5. He is supported by some of the best offensive players in the league. He has one of the best RB's in the league. McCoy is coming off a 20 TD season, which is more than their starting QB. Jackson and Maclin are big play receivers. And he has some stars on the OL.

There is definitely pressure on Ryan as well, but not nearly as much as Vick in my opinion. Ryan has been to the Playoffs two years in a row. He's coming off of his best statistical season ever with 31 TD's to 15 turnovers (including rushing) and over 4100 yards passing. And to cap it off, he's only 27.

I think they both have a huge chip on their shoulder whether they admit it or not. I also feel that after last season if Vick can at least get the eagles into the playoffs they will be happier, with improvement. Same goes for Ryan but improvement means winning in the post season and many critics have atl not even making the playoffs.

Guest Gritz

This might not make sense to many people, but for me it's Matt Ryan.

Why?

Because Matt Ryan is the starting quarterback for my favorite football team.

Michael Vick is one of just 31 other starting quarterbacks in the NFL. I think about him about as often as I think about the other 30. I don't care about him or what happens to him.

This might not make sense to many people, but for me it's Matt Ryan.

Why?

Because Matt Ryan is the starting quarterback for my favorite football team.

Michael Vick is one of just 31 other starting quarterbacks in the NFL. I think about him about as often as I think about the other 30. I don't care about him or what happens to him.

I approve this message.

Spain to me why even Vick comes into the converstation with regards to "Talking about the Falcons"

Some just need to get over the past and look forward to the future.

Because Vick used to be a falcon, just like deion or brooking, or any other ex falcon...embrace our history. We had some great games with Vick. But as you said...look forward to the future, as I am. I am so excited and looking forward to this season. And all the rest but that doesn't mean stop talking about our history and how it relates to the game today.

Vick should be. Matt has an entire career ahead of him.

Vick is on the wrong side of 30, and injury prone. He has way less time on a team with no rings, with higher expectations in a division where the Redskins have 3 rings, the Giants have 4, and Dallas has 5.

Being an Eagle QB has far more pressure than probably any team in the NFL in the "what have you done for me lately" NFL..

I agree. 'Young' Ryan is still too young to take on responsibilities and to face the pressure a QB should face. Vick is grown and has to face it like a man.

Tony G threw MM under the bus in the NFL Top 100 interview. He said Matt Ryan was overwhelmed by the amount of plays he had to call under No Huddle last year. He said New Coordinator should help Ryan by calling more plays and let Ryan focus on Playing the game not play calling. Sounds like by end of the year MM lost the offense.

Tony G threw MM under the bus in the NFL Top 100 interview. He said Matt Ryan was overwhelmed by the amount of plays he had to call under No Huddle last year. He said New Coordinator should help Ryan by calling more plays and let Ryan focus on Playing the game not play calling. Sounds like by end of the year MM lost the offense.

That's interesting. So Ryan was overwhelmed by the offense's complexity when the whole time I thought Mularkey dumbed down the offense.

Can you link this?

Both. If they fail, their time could be up in their respective cities.

You don't really believe this do you? I could see Vick facing getting cut merely because he has a big contract, has underperformed, and is getting up in age. But Ryan is not going anywhere any time soon.

That's interesting. So Ryan was overwhelmed by the offense's complexity when the whole time I thought Mularkey dumbed down the offense.

Can you link this?

Ryan was not overwhelmed by complexity of the offense, just doing MM's job in addition to playing the QB. Watch the Video on NFL, TG sounded as if Falcons ran more No Huddle than they wanted to. Looked like MM was barely calling enough plays thus overwhelming Ryan with additional burden of calling plays. I dont see Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees calling many plays at the scrimmage, They have good system and coordinators.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d8294dba5/Top-100-Players-of-2012-Tony-Gonzalez

Ryan was not overwhelmed by complexity of the offense, just doing MM's job in addition to playing the QB. Watch the Video on NFL, TG sounded as if Falcons ran more No Huddle than they wanted to. Looked like MM was barely calling enough plays thus overwhelming Ryan with additional burden of calling plays. I dont see Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees calling many plays at the scrimmage, They have good system and coordinators.

http://www.nfl.com/v...2-Tony-Gonzalez

I still don't get it. This whole time we as fans were wanting more 'No Huddle' plays because Ryan was supposedly a better signal caller than Mularkey. But Gonzalez says the opposite was true?

I still don't get it. This whole time we as fans were wanting more 'No Huddle' plays because Ryan was supposedly a better signal caller than Mularkey. But Gonzalez says the opposite was true?

Ryan was good at it, doesn't mean overload him with a Coordinators job. Get a better coordinator and help out Ryan by reducing the load, If DK turns out to be another MM then Ryan will have to call more plays. If a 4th year QB is calling better plays than OC, there is a big problem at OC.

Edited by falcons007

It's Matt Ryan and not even close. Vick is who he is. A great athlete and a ok QB. Ryan is the one that is being talked about as a possible QB in the class of Brady,Manning brothers,Brees,Rodgers. Vick has won playoff games. Ryan hasn't. Vick has had good games in the playoffs. Ryan hasn't. Vick won't ever be elite. Ryan has the tools to be. Ryan has to perform at an elite level this year

ive been telling yall ryans status as one of the smarter qbs in the game is exaggerated. Hes just an average qb. who has had his physical shortcomings excused by this supposed rocket science genius of a mind. Truth is mularkey maximized ryans potential and then some. Lets dump this noodle arm sissy before the secret is all the way out.

And some people thought Ryan was in Peyton's league when it came to calling his own plays. Just further proves to me Peyton is the greatest QB of All time. Not easy to call your own plays

Peyton was not calling 50% of the plays in his 4th year. Ryan called more plays than Peyton did in his 4th year.