Alex Smith Brings Up The Panthers And Cam.

Big Bubba

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8294ed60/article/alex-smith-says-300yard-stat-lines-dont-win-games

QB Alex Smith doesn't care about his passing yards per game. "That is a totally overblown stat because if you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half," Smith said. "Yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great. You're not winning though.

Not sure what team he was watching.................. Panthers didn't go no huddle a lot last year...and the Panthers were winning as they went into the 2nd half of most games.

Why is it always average to below average Qbs that have a top 3 or 4 defense backing them, that talk the most out of their azz?

Edited by pox 08

Not sure what team he was watching.................. Panthers didn't go no huddle a lot last year...and the Panthers were winning as they went into the 2nd half of most games.

Why is it always average to below average Qbs that have a top 3 or 4 defense backing them, that talk the most out of their azz?

because hes at best a bench player that needs his ego stroked by himself cause no one will do it

because hes at best a bench player that needs his ego stroked by himself cause no one will do it

Basically my thought also. No need for him to even mention Cam and the Panthers in his example. The situations aren't even close to being the same. One guy had no defense on his team, the other had an amazingly physical defense.

Basically my thought also. No need for him to even mention Cam and the Panthers in his example. The situations aren't even close to being the same. One guy had no defense on his team, the other had an amazingly physical defense.

Exactly. It's easy for him to hide behind his defense, which is majority of the reason why the 49ers are so good. He's just upset he can't put up those yards like Cam because Smith is just that bland. He'll most likely go back to mediocre next year, and had it not been for Manning going to Denver, Smith would've been kicked out.

-edit- Well, he's already mediocre, but y'all know what I meant lol.

Edited by LadyCyanide

I kind of agree with him though....

It is like that stat about if the Falcons run Turner so many times we win.... well that is because if we are leading in the 4th guess who gets the ball..

But also Alex Smith is in no position to talk about Cam....

So stats pretty much are pointless because lets all be honest any QB would rather throw less than 150 yards and get a W compared to 400+ in a loss....

but also Cam > Smith.

Edited by kane#7

I kind of agree with him though....

It is like that stat about if the Falcons run Turner so many times we win.... well that is because if we are leading in the 4th guess who gets the ball..

But also Alex Smith is in no position to talk about Cam....

So stats pretty much are pointless because lets all be honest any QB would rather throw less than 150 yards and get a W compared to 400+ in a loss....

but also Cam > Smith.

Smith is in no position to talk because he's played like garbage his entire career, and all of the sudden gets blessed with a killer defense. The story of Alex Smith should kill the flacco hype, if anyone is really paying attention

Smith is in no position to talk because he's played like garbage his entire career, and all of the sudden gets blessed with a killer defense. The story of Alex Smith should kill the flacco hype, if anyone is really paying attention

i dont know about killing the Flacco hype. Flacco is better than Smith with or without a defense. lol

I give Smith credit though. It takes balls to say that after sucking for 7 years

You just don't use specific players and teams in an example about losing.

Would be similar to Tebow using Ryan and the Falcons in an example about the playoffs. Even if he didn't mean it in a bad way, the fact that he's putting a spotlight on the Falcons, Ryan and the playoffs, would have a lot of people scratching their head and make it look like Tebow is just trying to deflect.

You just don't use specific players and teams in an example about losing.

Would be similar to Tebow using Ryan and the Falcons in an example about the playoffs. Even if he didn't mean it in a bad way, the fact that he's putting a spotlight on the Falcons, Ryan and the playoffs, would have a lot of people scratching their head and make it look like Tebow is just trying to deflect.

You are missing the bigger picture...it puts a bullseye on his back in case of a playoff matchup.