Hp Announces 27,000 Layoffs In Major Restructuring Effort

Guest Deisel

Guest Deisel

This is a major move by a major player. The downsizing of these companies continues and its These quality players that we see So often, laying off workers to make ends meet. The Doom continues for many. News on the Realestate fronts not much better. We are looking at another round of Foreclosures and another major equity downturn this year.

Guest Deisel

Meg Whitman - jobs creator. Just imagine what she could have done as governor of California!

Unfortunately every company is in peril.

HP was a dying company. They couldnt compete with the likes of Apple or Samsung. Dell is going through the same thing. They are stuck in the computer age, when people are moving to the mobile age. Companies like Apple, Samsung, Asus, who make mobile devices and computers will succeed.

HP was a dying company. They couldnt compete with the likes of Apple or Samsung. Dell is going through the same thing. They are stuck in the computer age, when people are moving to the mobile age. Companies like Apple, Samsung, Asus, who make mobile devices and computers will succeed.

The company I work for has very large contracts with HP. There are numerous problems with HP, which lead directly to these layoffs. I could go into more detail, though as the point of this thread wasn't to discuss the issues with HP's sh@$ty buisness model or their cartel like buisness practices, but rather to cast inaccurate statements at the current government leaders, I'll refrain. I'll use the time I would be wasting typing it to instead go and fix one of HPs sh@#ty apps which my company uses.

Yes, yes it would have. Dell is following the same lead.

Man the list goes on. A ton of the former giants and some current giants are trimming the fat. They got too bulky and the little guys came in and pulled the run from under their feet.

Netflix is a perfect example. Started the whole DVD by mail thing, and Blockbuster could not be smart/fast enough to restructure to keep up. Now Netflix is pushing against the cable cos and TV companies.

Hopefully these companies start innovating again and turn it around.

Man the list goes on. A ton of the former giants and some current giants are trimming the fat. They got too bulky and the little guys came in and pulled the run from under their feet.

Netflix is a perfect example. Started the whole DVD by mail thing, and Blockbuster could not be smart/fast enough to restructure to keep up. Now Netflix is pushing against the cable cos and TV companies.

Hopefully these companies start innovating again and turn it around.

Someone needs to come along and start producing servers. The only ones who do it now are IBM, HP, and Dell. HP and Dell suck, and IBM is ridiculously expensive (though nearly bullet proof). It's unfortunate there isn't a reasonbly priced server provider who also offers good service.

Yup. HP couldn't compete with the companies you listed. We use HPs here at work. I think in the near we will be switching to Apple. We already dropped Blackberry and started using iPhones.

Someone needs to come along and start producing servers. The only ones who do it now are IBM, HP, and Dell. HP and Dell suck, and IBM is ridiculously expensive (though nearly bullet proof). It's unfortunate there isn't a reasonbly priced server provider who also offers good service.

Their are some small timers like Dropbo, LaCie, and Synology, but it seems like they are more geared towards small businesses, since it is an easier gap to bridge with their consumer storage side.

I'd take an HP server over an IBM any day. This is like a Ford/Chevy argument

Their are some small timers like Dropbo, LaCie, and Synology, but it seems like they are more geared towards small businesses, since it is an easier gap to bridge with their consumer storage side.

True. The problem is for larger companies, like where I work, they look to larger retailers for systems. Though assanine, that's the nature of the beast.

Eh, I don't have a preference either way for hardware. All I really care about is support, and IBMs onsite support is light years better than HPs.

I'll agree with that. It has been my experience that the reason IBM is really good about their onsite support, is because they have to do so much of it.

I'll agree with that. It has been my experience that the reason IBM is really good about their onsite support, is because they have to do so much of it.

Yeah, can't argue that. If we need a disc replaced, we have to get IBM on site, which is ridiculous, cause it's a hot swappable disc. The problem is that their frames are incredibly easy to damage. Once you get them up and running, their bulletproof, but very sensitive on the outside. It's a paradox.

lOL, downsizing is just as muck greedy employers wanting workers to do twice as much with fewer people for the same money.

And Real estate is a buyers market right now. You either know that and make money on the eventual upswing or you don't.

I expect you don't.

Now there's something you don't see everyday ^^^

A liberal publicly proclaiming their support for making money off the misfortune of the little guy they purportedly support.

I tell ya Mojo, you may be the worst troll on AFB, you're about as funny as tuberculosis and as knowledgeable as a Muslim housewife, but I can appreciate your honesty and business savvy.

Don't support HP except I have an HP monotor O bought secons hand and I purchased my home through a friend of the family who was moving away.

A buyers market doesn't make money off others misfortune, its only if someone wants to sell.

If they are forced to, life isn't fair. Why is everything so black and white to you?

Do you ave some form of mental retardation? If so, no offense.

No 'tardation, but I am allergic to BS, which means as much as I enjoy these boards, I have to suffer through hives when I read the crap you and pencil's merry band of nadettes write.

This pencil feller is the hero to many for this very reason.I remember one of your first posts here was to slam Diesel and call him names. Funny now that you have found him contreversial, you cling to him and defend him.

There is an infinite sadness in that.

Lol, can you lay it any thicker? I was friends with snake and respected his opinions going back years.

I may not agree with everything he says, but I only "slam" disrespectful cretins and mindless trolls, which you, of course, fall into both catagories. :)