Sean Payton Has Rented An Office In The Benson Building, Right Beside The Superdome. Does Anybody Think That Will End Well?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Benson Tower next to the Superdome is a fairly large building and houses many other organizations, including a significant portion of City Hall employees. The fact that Payton has an office there doesn't imply he is located in the Saints portion of the building. The league approved it. People are blowing this larger than it is.

The building directly behind the Dome to the left with the white writing on it is the Benson Tower >>

superdome.jpg?w=455&h=299&crop=1

It may be no big deal...but you can't deny that it raises some eyebrows a bit.

It only rasies eyebrows to people who want it to be bigger than it is.

Not really. I'm a fan outside of the NFCS. I'm not as invested in this situation as others are. I have no animosity towards the Saints. It's still a curious situation to me.

From an NFL.com article:

"...If nothing else, Payton often won't be far away. The suspended coach has a new downtown office in Benson Tower, which is essentially right next to the Superdome. Payton required league approval to rent the office. (We're sure Saints owner Tom Benson will give him a good deal.) If Payton wants to talk to a team official about a non-football matter, he has to do so by speaker phone in the presence of Saints legal counsel..."

I'd be really worried, if I was a Saint fan, that Payton was about to get himself banned for more than a year.

Loomis has already wire tapped it.

The Benson Tower next to the Superdome is a fairly large building and houses many other organizations, including a significant portion of City Hall employees. The fact that Payton has an office there doesn't imply he is located in the Saints portion of the building. The league approved it. People are blowing this larger than it is.

The building directly behind the Dome to the left with the white writing on it is the Benson Tower >>

So, why do this at all? As much as he loves coaching, being that close to the team without being able to interact with them must be difficult.

I'll grant you it's probably a nonstory, but why do it at all?

Who days he'll be in the office during the home games?

The Saints spend most of the time at their training facility anyway and not the Dome.

Non-story.

Do you really think he won't be there on Sundays?

Only reason to rent the space is to irritate Goodell, won't irritate him nearly as much if he's not there on Sundays.

Only reason to rent the space is to irritate Goodell, won't irritate him nearly as much if he's not there on Sundays.

No, I don't believe he'll be there on gameday. And even if he was, so what? He might contact them? He could do that from anywhere in the country just as effectively.

I'm not up on all the aspects of a coach, but I'm sure office space is a necessity for even a suspended one. He'd have to move everything in his current office to this one to access it while observing his restrictions.

Non-story.

No, I don't believe he'll be there on gameday. And even if he was, so what? He might contact them? He could do that from anywhere in the country just as effectively.

I'm not up on all the aspects of a coach, but I'm sure office space is a necessity for even a suspended one. He'd have to move everything in his current office to this one to access it while observing his restrictions.

Non-story.

No offense, but that's what Saints fans said about bountygate before the penalties.

No offense, but you guys are over-using that non sequitur.

That's not a non sequitor at all. That means "it does not follow" which means the statement it refers to is illogical. The idea the that saints fan are minimizing both of these things before everything is known is quite logical, thanks.

You may disagree, doesn't mean it's illogical.

Of course not, because the office space was approved.

I guess I thought we were talking about the possibility of "Coach" Payton actually circumventing his discipline and somehow violating the terms of his suspension.

If the guy wants a nice office in downtown NOLA near St Charles and Poydras so he can throw beads next year, I don't give a ****.

But if he consults in an unacceptable manner, say goodbye. I'll look forward to seeing him take a job with ND or UCLA.

No, don't ruin WFW love for the fighting irish!

alley-baggett-043.gif

There is no way to know what you implied. And I doubt he plans to announce to the world what his reasoning is. Whatever it was, the league office approved it.

OK, what's his motivation for getting an office next to the superdome?

i would say he lives in the area, and still has personal business to tend to. since he can't use his own office, Benson gives him a temporary one because he likes him