Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statick

Check Out Time's Magazine's Cover For This Month...

57 posts in this topic

Saw that a few days ago. That got some folk really upset, mainly because that kid looks too old to still be sucking on to his mom's...err breasts!

Saw that a few days ago. That got some folk really upset, mainly because that kid looks too old to still be sucking on to his mom's...err breasts!

I saw an African woman do that in a food stall on Delancy St in NY.

Her kid had to be at least that old.

I was shocked at first but then realized that it might be common among some cultures.

I saw an African woman do that in a food stall on Delancy St in NY.

Her kid had to be at least that old.

I was shocked at first but then realized that it might be common among some cultures.

I don't know how common it is to anyone, but, when my kids were babies, my ex and I looked at her breastfeeding. I read a lot about it at the time. Believe it or not, I never saw where there was a definite age where a mother should stop, but I think as soon as they can pick up a spoon and eat, then take them off the teat!

My oldest son breastfed until nearly three. That's when he decided to stop.

My oldest daughter stopped at around 9mos that's when she thought she was supposed to use her new teeth.

My newest daughter is 7mos and we don't see an end near. She enjoys solid baby foods, pureed vegetables and all...but SHE LOVES the personal time with mommy.

For our family it's time to stop whenever the involved parties decide.

our 5 year old ate her cereal the other day with breast milk. She didn't know...she thought It was almond milk. We let her eat It and RAVE about how good It was before we told her differently.

She's ALWAYS running around the house saying "eeeew boobie milk" as uf she didn't drink It!

Not so much anymore. Why is our society so weirded out over breastfeeding?

My oldest daughter stopped at around 9mos that's when she thought she was supposed to use her new teeth.

My newest daughter is 7mos and we don't see an end near. She enjoys solid baby foods, pureed vegetables and all...but SHE LOVES the personal time with mommy.

our 5 year old ate her cereal the other day with breast milk. She didn't know...she thought It was almond milk. We let her eat It and RAVE about how good It was before we told her differently.

She's ALWAYS running around the house saying "eeeew boobie milk" as uf she didn't drink It!

Like father like daughter?

TBH, my mom told me I breastfeed until I was about 3 yo. When I was a kid, I saw women around me breastfeed all the time, no one was ashamed, and none of us kids thought much about it either. But for some strange reason, as we got older, we didn't see it that much anymore. I think that's because most of the moms started working, and the availability of infant formula.

For the record, I don't find it strange, but I would do a double take if I saw a kid that big latched on.

One of my most splendid gifs pertains to this very topic and a certain scene in Me, Myself and Irene. But alas, due to the delicate sensitivities and snitch culture on these boards, I am afraid I cannot share it without being banded.sad.png

falconsd56 likes this

It's not about the feeding it's bothered by mothers that are making it about themselves and the whole mindset behind attachment parenting. You can still have a very close relationship with your kid without them sleeping and hanging off your chest when they have teeth and can form sentences.

One of my most splendid gifs pertains to this very topic and a certain scene in Me, Myself and Irene. But alas, due to the delicate sensitivities and snitch culture on these boards, I am afraid I cannot share it without being banded.sad.png

Do it do it do it............

I will start a thread in your honor to get you back !!!!!!!!!!

That might be my favorite scene from the movie :P

Do it do it do it............

I will start a thread in your honor to get you back !!!!!!!!!!

That might be my favorite scene from the movie tongue.png

I will PM it to ya. Do what you will with it after that.

I will PM it to ya. Do what you will with it after that.

I got it.

I have 2 thoughts......

1. its not THAT bad.

2.... I want a milk shake really really bad now.

For the record, I don't find it strange, but I would do a double take if I saw a kid that big latched on.

What if your second take revealed that the "kid" was really a midget?ph34r.png

I got it.

I have 2 thoughts......

1. its not THAT bad.

2.... I want a milk shake really really bad now.

I would agree. But I also don't really know where the lines are drawn. I, personally, am incapable of being offended and consider myself to be a habitual line stepper. But really IDK... unsure.png

hook a brotha up

SENT IT!

I can't think of what scene you're talking about.

I've been thinking about this whole issue and decided once a kid is old enough to sorta hold a conversation then things have gotten well past awkward and they really gotta set the titty down and just walk away.

I can't think of what scene you're talking about.

PM sent.