I turn my back on you scamps for one minute and you poop out a seven page thread comparing Romo not only to Ryan but to Drew Brees in terms of "tools to have the same success as."

Show me where Brees in his first 77 starts did anything Romo hasnt in his 77 starts. Isnt that what Ryan fans have done? If Ryan is better for being younger and achieving more, then I could see where an argument could be made for Romo and Brees. Now, Im NOT saying Romo is better than Brees, what I am saying is for ANYONE that thinks that Ryan is better than Romo then based off the same criteria these people would have to think that Romo is equal to or better than Brees. Since we all know they wont do that then their "Ryan has done more in less time" defense is shot to ****.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me where Brees in his first 77 starts did anything Romo hasnt in his 77 starts. Isnt that what Ryan fans have done? If Ryan is better for being younger and achieving more, then I could see where an argument could be made for Romo and Brees. Now, Im NOT saying Romo is better than Brees, what I am saying is for ANYONE that thinks that Ryan is better than Romo then based off the same criteria these people would have to think that Romo is equal to or better than Brees. Since we all know they wont do that then their "Ryan has done more in less time" defense is shot to ****.

Romo just turned 32. You could compare him to Kurt Warner in terms of being a UDFA that rose to prominence later in his career, but then you'd be comparing Tony Romo to a certain HOF'er that went to three Superbowls.

Edited by Serge

I was asked about my opinion and in my opinion, after comparing Brees' and Romo's (statistically speaking) Romo is ahead of Brees. NEVER did I say Romo is better than Brees. I dont know why people have to try and put words in my mouth. Why is it so hard to see that Romo is one of the top QBs in the league talent wise? I just dont get where people want to look at the failures of the Cowboys and try to pawn that all off on Romo. Ive seen Romo do things that no other QB in this league could do. Yet, he doesnt get credit because if the team loses its his fault.

Im not going to waste my time looking at that video. Brees has great accuracy, but in the game you arent throwing at targets. In a game there is pressure and you have to rely on another human being to catch the ball at the other end. Hitting a target is nice, but it doesnt say everything about a QB.

and Drew Brees played on a bad knee for 9 games in 2010 and still managed to get his team to the playoffs

and what stats do you speak of? hand picked stats?

because near as I can tell, Tony Romo only beat Drew Brees once since 2006 in QB ratings and never in Total QB Ratings and the gap is pretty big

I like Romo....really good QB. I just think it is over the top comparing him to Brees

You do realize he was on the roster for 2 or 3 years before he got the chance to play. You can't fault Brees for being good enough to play his first year in the league. And while Brees's numbers improved, Romo's has not. At least not to the same extent of Brees.

If only that applied to Ryan as well. Instead it's always about his Play-off record. What was Romo's or Brees' play-off record though their first 4 seasons again?

If only that applied to Ryan as well. Instead it's always about his Play-off record. What was Romo's or Brees' play-off record though their first 4 seasons again?

Both 0-2, as I said, if it works for Ryan, it works for Romo. Ryan has more wins than them both, but Romo had more wins than Brees through the first 4 years. So, this is where I build my argument, if Ryan is better than Romo, then Romo can be argued to be ahead of Brees in the learning curve.

and Drew Brees played on a bad knee for 9 games in 2010 and still managed to get his team to the playoffs

and what stats do you speak of? hand picked stats?

because near as I can tell, Tony Romo only beat Drew Brees once since 2006 in QB ratings and never in Total QB Ratings and the gap is pretty big

I like Romo....really good QB. I just think it is over the top comparing him to Brees

Tony has more overall yards, TDs, wins, and a higher completion percentage than Brees did at the same point in his career. Also, in 126 more attempts than Brees, Romo threw only 1 more TD. Thats pretty impressive however you want to cut it.

You know that was on the center right?

Its funny how fans that dont watch the games see a funny picture and automatically assume they know what is going on. rolleyes.gif You can clearly see that Romo is making his calls still when the ball is hiked. Some people see what they want to.

Edited by Enlightened29

Its funny how fans that dont watch the games see a funny picture and automatically assume they know what is going on. rolleyes.gif

You realize that if fans didn't speak out of school and claim they know about teams they know nothing about, then this forum would be filled with bad jokes and movie reviews right?

Tony has more overall yards, TDs, wins, and a higher completion percentage than Brees did at the same point in his career. Also, in 126 more attempts than Brees, Romo threw only 1 more TD. Thats pretty impressive however you want to cut it.

yes but the conversation isn't who was farther along at such and such point....the discussion is who is better now

yes but the conversation isn't who was farther along at such and such point....the discussion is who is better now

There is no debating that.

As I said in a previous post, I was asked about my opinions of Romo and Brees so I gave it. Romo is just as talented (in my opinion) as Brees. Does he have the accolades? No. Does he have the skills? Yes. Remember, at this point in Brees' career he hadnt even won a playoff game. Romo has not only won one, but has one more playoff appearance. So, where as I cant say Romo is better than Brees now, well continue this when they are both done.

Edited by Enlightened29

this romo vs brees thing is funny. romo will never be the leader on the field that brees is. brees raises the potential of the players around him. not to mention the saints offense is probably the most dynamic offense in nfl history.. romo will never catch up to brees. even if he does, he will never be the qb brees is

this romo vs brees thing is funny. romo will never be the leader on the field that brees is. brees raises the potential of the players around him. not to mention the saints offense is probably the most dynamic offense in nfl history.. romo will never catch up to brees. even if he does, he will never be the qb brees is

Covering our tracks are we...hes already the statistical QB Brees is.

Edited by Enlightened29

Would you mind explaining to me what your are getting at here? I have been taking up for Ryan this entire time, and you want to ask me this, why? Did I say anything to make you think I am comparing Ryan, Drew, and Romo's first 4 seasons? I am not.

There is no debating that.

As I said in a previous post, I was asked about my opinions of Romo and Brees so I gave it. Romo is just as talented (in my opinion) as Brees. Does he have the accolades? No. Does he have the skills? Yes. Remember, at this point in Brees' career he hadnt even won a playoff game. Romo has not only won one, but has one more playoff appearance. So, where as I cant say Romo is better than Brees now, well continue this when they are both done.

You were not asked your opinions on each. I asked you who is a better QB in the realm of this thread, which takes places in present time, you chose to spin it your way. I honestly did not think you would seriously try to compare them. The answer to who is better is simple, Brees is. I thought that question would stop this whole thing, but I was wrong.

NFL Career Passes Completed

Drew Brees 3,613

Tony Romo 1,672

NFL Career Pass Attempts

Drew Brees 5,479

Tony Romo 2,592

NFL Career Passing Yards

Drew Brees 40,742

Tony Romo 20,834

NFL Career Passing Touchdowns

Drew Brees 281

Tony Romo 149

NFL Career Passer Rating

Drew Brees 94.0

Tony Romo 96.9

NFL Career Passes Intercepted

Drew Brees 146

Tony Romo 72

NFL Career Sacked

Drew Brees 208

Tony Romo 142

NFL Career Passing Yards per Game

Drew Brees 264.6

Tony Romo 198.4

NFL Career Pass Attempts per Game

Drew Brees 35.6

Tony Romo 24.7

NFL Career Yards per Pass Completion

Drew Brees 11.3

Tony Romo 12.5

NFL Career Yards per Pass Attempt

Drew Brees 7.4

Tony Romo 8.0

NFL Career Adjusted Yards per Pass Attempt

Drew Brees 7.26

Tony Romo 7.94

NFL Career Net Yards per Pass Attempt

Drew Brees 6.9

Tony Romo 7.3

NFL Career Adjusted Net Yards per Pass Attempt

Drew Brees 6.73

Tony Romo 7.20

NFL Career Passes Completed per Game

Drew Brees 23.5

Tony Romo 15.9

NFL Career Pass Completion %

Drew Brees 65.9%

Tony Romo 64.5%

NFL Career Pass Interception %

Drew Brees 2.7%

Tony Romo 2.8%

NFL Career Passing Touchdown %

Drew Brees 5.1%

Tony Romo 5.7%

NFL Career Sacked %

Drew Brees 3.66%

Tony Romo 5.19% (we arent just complaining about our oline for nothing)

NFL Career Comebacks

Drew Brees 19

Tony Romo 13

So, unless Im missing something, what does Brees absolutely dominate Romo in?

Edited by Enlightened29
Would you mind explaining to me what your are getting at here? I have been taking up for Ryan this entire time, and you want to ask me this, why? Did I say anything to make you think I am comparing Ryan, Drew, and Romo's first 4 seasons? I am not.

Explain to me again how Ryan is better than Romo. Im not being sarcastic.

En, really? You already said Brees is better than Romo as of the present time, which was the whole point. Just leave at that.

Which are you replying to. The stats for Romo and Brees are for those that cant see that Romo has gone stride for stride with him in his career. Im not trying to prove Romo better, but trying to prove that he has the same stats as Brees does. The only major difference is Brees throws the ball more than anyone in history. Thats a fact.