1) NFC South

1. Drew Brees, Saints

2. Matt Ryan, Falcons

3. Cam Newton, Panthers

4. Josh Freeman, Buccaneers

I put this division on top because of the combination of depth, production and upside. Brees is a perennial MVP candidate. Ryan has been incredibly consistent in the first four years of his career. Newton's remarkable rookie season included a QB-record 14 rushing touchdowns. Freeman has lost weight and I expect him to have a bounceback season in 2012.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8290fa0d/article/top-qb-division-belongs-to-drew-brees-not-aaron-rodgers?module=HP11_cp

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Rodgers over Eli and Stafford over Romo, so it balances out.

I know Ill pay for this later, but this is my inner Bulldog talking. Id trade Romo for Stafford and not even think about it. Stafford is younger and has a bigger arm.

When you really look at this list though I can see the East at the top next season. Eli, Romo, and Vick are established. The only reason you dont put RG3 above Ponder and Freeman is because he hasnt taken a snap. If he were to have a good season I could see an argument for the NFCE to be #1. The only thing we dont have is youth. I think 3 of our 4 QBs are all in their 30s.

IMO I would pick Ryan over Romo bc Ryan is roughly at the same level of Romo and he has only been playing in the NFL for four years. I am not saying Romo isn't a good QB I just feel the Falcons as a whole are a better team as it stands right now. Romo needs more protection to move up to the next level.

Then how did you decide Ryan > Romo? Certainly not from Ryan's playoff performances.

Ryan is where Romo is at, in only 4 short years, it took Romo 8 years to get where he is. I'm personally gonna pick the younger QB that shows more potential. Again, I am not saying that Romo is not a good QB, but his play has gotten to a point and stayed there. In four more years Ryan's numbers will be better than what Romo's are now, and Romo's numbers will stay the same.

Well you look at the Saints and Falcons have been front runners to the playoffs for a couple years and always seem to be in the mix when talking playoffs.

Then take the Panther who came out as hot as anyone last season.

Then you got the Bucs who where also front runners in playoffs talks for the past few years, until the fell apart and blew up. But they swept the Saints and went toe to toe with the falcons as well. Their biggest issue was they where pulling no experience people off the streets because of injuries. (they went to young and should have kept some experience.)

But after having a great offseason and new coaching staff you have to wonder if they make a solid run this season.

Every team in the South has proven they have the ability and can hang with just about anyone. The saints set a high passing bar and the falcons kept a balanced disciplined game.

Its hard to think any team in the South couldn't become a force and while the East if the media first choice and often always mentioned, while the South is over looked. The South takes it to teams tails until they get respect. Breaking records along the way.

You do understand that one QB was an undrafted FA and the other was drafted 3 overall. Right?

The only reason Romo made the roster his rookie year is cuz Carter got cut.

I understand Romo is older but I believe his achievements given where he started put him above Ryan and the Dallas has won a playoff game against Philly in 09.

But your also not considering how much the falcons rebuilt for Ryan. He came into the NFL with almost a entire new team, full of no names. Turner was just a backup, White was the best we had while dropping passes that makes you wanna kill him. Ryan is now getting talent around. People every year think Tony G is done, and yet the Falcons make him look like 1 of the best in the NFL.

Ryan is where Romo is at, in only 4 short years, it took Romo 8 years to get where he is. I'm personally gonna pick the younger QB that shows more potential. Again, I am not saying that Romo is not a good QB, but his play has gotten to a point and stayed there. In four more years Ryan's numbers will be better than what Romo's are now, and Romo's numbers will stay the same.

Romos numbers are getting better every year and hes only started 11 more games than Ryan, how do you get that it took him 8 years to get where he is?

But your also not considering how much the falcons rebuilt for Ryan. He came into the NFL with almost a entire new team, full of no names. Turner was just a backup, White was the best we had while dropping passes that makes you wanna kill him. Ryan is now getting talent around. People every year think Tony G is done, and yet the Falcons make him look like 1 of the best in the NFL.

If you knew anything about football you knew that Turner was more than a back up even when he was a back up. Nobody was going to start over LT, quit trying to make Turner sound like some scrub before he came to Atlanta.