What Is The Deal With B-Mac?

Dude looks lost this year. He has 5 homers which is decent but besides that dude has done very, very little. If he doesn't pick it up soon he needs to be moved back in the lineup. I wouldnt mind seeing Chipper and Heyward batting ahead of him in the next couple of weeks if things dont change.

Edited by Lou_Dog

I think he will eventually come around as well, but until that time comes he needs to be moved to the 6th or 7th spot in the lineup. As many runs as we are scoring we would be scoring even more without an automatic out sitting in the 5 spot

I was surprised his average was so low. It did not feel to me he was hitting that bad watching him every day. Over the last week or two, I have started to notice why the average is so low, but like Freddie, somewhat, he has been hitting the ball hard at people playing out of position in a shift of some sort.

McCann has had some of the worst hitting luck of anyone in baseball this season. He has a BABIP of only .225 which is well below his career mark of .298 and well below league average. A lot of that has to do with that **** shift. He needs to try to spray a few hits to LF to hopefully get teams to cut down on the shift a little bit and open up some more holes on the right side of the infield. Also how many fly balls has he hit that have been caught on the warning track or run down in the gaps? Too many for me to count. He's hitting the ball hard.

His strikeout rate is actually sitting at a what would be career low mark. He's only striking out 10.9% of the time which is far below his career mark of 14.0% and the 16.9% he had last season.

His isolated power is at .170 which is just a tad lower than the .195 he posted last season and his career mark of .198.