Is Dominique Davis Better Than Jpw ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I dont see how JPW beat out Shockley. I know Shockley wasnt killing it by any means, but neither was JPW. Ryan and Redmon have like skill sets, so to me we should have kept Shockley. A player with a different skill set than those two. In this case I say the same with Davis over JPW.

So if Shockey is so good,where is he now??

I am very intrigued by his potential as a developmental QB. He seems to have good athleticism and was highly accurate in college. Whether he can translate to the pro game is another story though.

It would be a good idea to develop a backup god forbid Ryan ever have a serious injury.

I cant believe,

JPW isnt in Jacksonville yet!

Anyway, TD and MS will pay for not having a backup oneday,

with their jobs!

That's what happened in Indianapolis with the Polians'. In today's NFL you better have a decent option at backup QB or it will catch up with you. We currently don't have a good option with Redman. I don't want someone to beat out JPW as much as I want someone who can supplant Redman as a very good number two.

That's what happened in Indianapolis with the Polians'. In today's NFL you better have a decent option at backup QB or it will catch up with you. We currently don't have a good option with Redman. I don't want someone to beat out JPW as much as I want someone who can supplant Redman as a very good number two.

This^^^^^. A solid 2 is what we need.

Dom has good arm strength and field vision. The offense is multi-set, primarily spread/AirRaid. Dom was shackled at EC. The coaches don't like the QB to run. They prefer he dump the ball off.

Dom's been working on his footwork, so he recognizes areas of improvement and works hard to get better. He's a great guy and has a fantastic work ethic.

When he's playing loose, he's unstoppable. When the receiving corp is not dropping balls or running the wrong route, he will bury you. He is efficient, quick, and accurate. Oh, and he can nail the deep ball.

For success, you need a good line and good receivers - neither has to be great, just good.

The bad? He doesn't pump-fake and can be known to telegraph his throws. When the game is going poorly, he forces throws. Fortunately, these don't happen often and they are issues he can improve.

We need Brady Quinn or Jimmy clausen. These guys have potential but where never given a chance. If not maybe Vince young can come In And keep his mouth shut and learn how to play center. He has some upside. It's his decision making that baffles me. But yes we need a back up badly, good thing Ryan is one tough SOB.

All I know is we need to get somebody in here who could take up the slack if Ryan goes down.

We've been incredibly lucky w/Ryan staying healthy, but I don't have a lot of faith in any of our current backups to carry the load.

Not many could come in and straight "carry the load". Redman though, has done a pretty good job when called on. Has a backup quartewrback ever won a Superbowl when filling in for an injured starter??

We need Brady Quinn or Jimmy clausen. These guys have potential but where never given a chance. If not maybe Vince young can come In And keep his mouth shut and learn how to play center. He has some upside. It's his decision making that baffles me. But yes we need a back up badly, good thing Ryan is one tough SOB.

Really? Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen and Vince Young are all better than Chris Redman? Is this a joke?

Not many could come in and straight "carry the load". Redman though, has done a pretty good job when called on. Has a backup quartewrback ever won a Superbowl when filling in for an injured starter??

Yes. Jeff Hostetler for the Giants in 1990. And technically Kurt Warner was a backup in 1999 before Trent Green got hurt in preseason.

Really? Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen and Vince Young are all better than Chris Redman? Is this a joke?

Yes. Jeff Hostetler for the Giants in 1990. And technically Kurt Warner was a backup in 1999 before Trent Green got hurt in preseason.

I think all those guys are upgrades from redman. Redman is fine but aging. Jpw has regressed. Heck even mcnab wouldn't be so bad. We are talking back up QB not starters. Any of those guys would be fine in that role actually better than what we have now. If Ryan gies down kiss this season goodbye. With any of the other guys we would be ok for 8-9 wins.

I think all those guys are upgrades from redman. Redman is fine but aging. Jpw has regressed. Heck even mcnab wouldn't be so bad. We are talking back up QB not starters. Any of those guys would be fine in that role actually better than what we have now. If Ryan gies down kiss this season goodbye. With any of the other guys we would be ok for 8-9 wins.

If you think we could win games with Quinn, Clausen and Young you're crazy. There is a reason they are not starting QBs anymore. They've had their chance to be starters, Heck they can't even cut it as backup QBs. Falcons should have gotten a guy like Jason Campbell who would have been a huge upgrade over Redman.