Is Dominique Davis Better Than Jpw ?

I think JPW may be the Falcon I have the least regard for .IMO the MOFO got no business on an NFL roster ...what do they see in him ? ....this Davis kid looks like a player, but I know squat about him .any EC fans out there can fill me in ? ....you guys think he will give ole JPW a serious run for the 3rd QB job ? ....man that is one area, I could truly see us upgrading .......would appreciate any info from someone with knowledge of him .......

QB Dominique Davis – East Carolina

Davis, 6-3, 210 pounds, completed 67.6 percent of his passes (334-of-494) for 3,225 yards with 25 touchdowns as a senior at East Carolina. In 2011, he was a fourth team preseason all-conference selection by Phil Steele and named to the watch lists for the Maxwell and Davey O’Brien awards.

ncf_i_davis_b1_400.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is we need to get somebody in here who could take up the slack if Ryan goes down.

We've been incredibly lucky w/Ryan staying healthy, but I don't have a lot of faith in any of our current backups to carry the load.

Without knowing anything at all about him, I'd hazard a guess that he's not only better than JPW, he's probably better than Chris Redman and JPW combined. Ugh. I just had a mental flash as to what a combination of Redman and JPW might be like, and I almost hurled.

Without knowing anything at all about him, I'd hazard a guess that he's not only better than JPW, he's probably better than Chris Redman and JPW combined. Ugh. I just had a mental flash as to what a combination of Redman and JPW might be like, and I almost hurled.

So true.

Leftwich/Harrrington, anyone?

Who's JMP? Wilson may be a better scheme fit.

I don't know. Total brain fart on my part.

More like Doug Johnson/Kurt Kittner.

Personally I dont see how JPW beat out Shockley. I know Shockley wasnt killing it by any means, but neither was JPW. Ryan and Redmon have like skill sets, so to me we should have kept Shockley. A player with a different skill set than those two. In this case I say the same with Davis over JPW.

Should be an interesting camp battle, I love what I read about this kid, but never seen him play really ....anyone know what kind of O he ran at EC ? ......they play some pretty good competition there at EC ,,,,,,,

I think they ran a air raid offense which means they were in shotgun most of the time. As far as a prostyle offense, i'm not sure

Personally I dont see how JPW beat out Shockley. I know Shockley wasnt killing it by any means, but neither was JPW. Ryan and Redmon have like skill sets, so to me we should have kept Shockley. A player with a different skill set than those two. In this case I say the same with Davis over JPW.

All part of the 'Great Purge' - Dimitroff bringing in 'his' guys.

All part of the 'Great Purge' - Dimitroff bringing in 'his' guys.

Meh. If you have the choice between two completely ineffective QBs for your QB3, I'd agree with the decision to go with the younger guy that can maybe learn to be a serviceable backup over the guy that has had that chance and failed. Now, I'd say JPW is in the same position as Shockley was, and if Davis can prove to be as effective (or no more ineffective wacko.png ), he should get the job on the hopes that he can improve more than JPW.

Guest Gritz

One of my nieces went to EC...I never got up there to see Davis play but I saw him a couple of times on ESPN2.

EC did play a type of run and shoot offense....so Davis was in the shotgun most of the time..Just at EC though....at BC and the community college where he played Davis took snaps from under center.

Good size, good accuracy, very solid arm....runs somewhere around a 4.5.

With a little luck he could eventually be backing up Ryan...He has the skill set...This isn't a typical UDFA camp arm.

One of my nieces went to EC...I never got up there to see Davis play but I saw him a couple of times on ESPN2.

EC did play a type of run and shoot offense....so Davis was in the shotgun most of the time..Just at EC though....at BC and the community college where he played Davis took snaps from under center.

With a little luck he could eventually be backing up Ryan...He has the skill set...This isn't a typical UDFA camp arm.

When was Davis at BC?

Ok wow I didn't know about the community college. That is a bit more reassuring especially knowing that he has played under center. Now i'm really rooting for this guy to unseat JPW for that 3rd QB spot

They've been scouting him for a while.

Guest Gritz

When was Davis at BC?

2008.....He got the starting position during the season...helped get BC to the ACC Championship game...

2008.....He got the starting position during the season...helped get BC to the ACC Championship game...

Hmm. I must have some how completely missed that. I have no memory of him playing there. Strange.

EDIT: Wonder why his stats at BC aren't listed here?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15162/type/college/dominique-davis

Edited by falconsfan567