Mughelli Released?

I've said before that I wasn't as big a fan as I was apparently supposed to be. He was good but he wasn't the type of completely dominating lead blocker you'd expect of a fullback with his salary and his hands p!ssed me off.

I knew this was coming, he's 32 coming off a knee injury, was scheduled to make $3M and we just drafted the highest rated blocking FB, so no surprise. He was a great lead blocker for Turner the last 4 years, hopefully he can come back from the knee injury.

Thanks for the memories Ovie.

I didn't realize he's 32. I thought he was in his late 20's. 32's pretty long in the tooth for a fullback, especially coming off an injury like his.

Had me looking up the blast from the past. Guy did have an amazing career for a FB. 7,300+ total yards, with 71 total TDs.

He was freaking amazing in the 4th quarter. That's where he picked up 70% of his yardage. He was a real throwback to the likes of Marv Hubbard with the Raiders back in the late 60's & early 70's. I'd love to see us have a running game like that, especially with the way the league is becoming pass crazy. I LOVE smashmouth football, and that's just the way Schiano's set up our O-line. Now all we need is Martin or Blount to step up, hopefully BOTH! It's what the Falcons should've done rather than put everything on Ryan's shoulders like they're doing, just because the rest of the league is pass happy.

Edited by jb.069