Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcon Man™

Grady Jackson Sighting

41 posts in this topic

I'm actually glad that none of the rest of you can see it either. I thought the Mayan end of the world thing had maybe just started in my illustration studio.

phattywankenobi likes this

I'm actually glad that none of the rest of you can see it either. I thought the Mayan end of the world thing had maybe just started in my illustration studio.

too soon

speaking of that whole mayan thing i've heard 2 things about it 1. it was supposed to be in octorber this year 2. it's really 50 years from now.

speaking of that whole mayan thing i've heard 2 things about it 1. it was supposed to be in octorber this year 2. it's really 50 years from now.

Yea, something about the mayans did not take into account of the whole leap year thing, so yea the end of the world was supposed to of happened already.

Yea, something about the mayans did not take into account of the whole leap year thing, so yea the end of the world was supposed to of happened already.

there calendar from my understanding was more accurate, so there was no need for a leap year.

there calendar from my understanding was more accurate, so there was no need for a leap year.

Who am I to argue with any one who claims that they can leap

over Grady Jackson in less than a year.

Sounds like Olympic Gold to me.

The Mayan calender says nothing about the world ending this year. Nobody knows really where that came from. They predicted a huge meteor shower on that date, but their calender never ends. The final date on their calender is in the year 4444 but that's because they couldn't see beyond that date.

Actually, they did. we use the gregorian calendar which isnt totally accurate as it is short by 1/4 a day, hence the extra day after 4 years, or leap years. the Mayan long count calendar takes this into account because they were very adept astronomers especially considering their time period.

what their calendar is really predicting is a phenomenon where the sun lines up perfectly(from our perspective) with the center of the galaxy, and in between the scorpio and sagittarius constellations.

too soon

The Mayan calender says nothing about the world ending this year. Nobody knows really where that came from. They predicted a huge meteor shower on that date, but their calender never ends. The final date on their calender is in the year 4444 but that's because they couldn't see beyond that date.

It just starts over like a clock. All it's doing is resetting to 12am.

I'm not into all that mayan and gregorian calendar stuff. My only calendar comes from my pet store and it gets me from week to week just fine. I am counting down the days to the 1st pre season a day at a time. :)