Espn Picks Saints To Finish Last In South

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how anyone can say Newton regressed last season. Over the last 6 games, yes his yards went down, but so did his turnovers. 9TD's to 3 ints his last 6 games. The first 10 games he was 12td's to 14 ints. That's a **** of an improvement. Plus they went 4-2 the last 6 games. Less turnovers and more wins are hardly what I would consider a regression.

If Newton throws for significantly less yards next year, yet limits the turnovers and improves as far as finishing games in the fourth, If I were a panther fan, I would consider that a step in the right direction.

I don't see the Saints finishing last. Although it would bring me great joy tongue.png ... I just don't see it.

I'll re Post this because it's obvious some of you didn't read this.

The Pro Bowl is an offensive show, yet Cam was 9/27 where almost every pass was way off the mark. No other QB was even close to that bad. All other QBs threw 2 INTs combined... Cam threw three.

Which means Nothing did you even watch the Pro Bowl? What about the other 16 "real Games" he played do they not mean anything or is it just the pro bowl performance that counts?

You know what who cares it stupid to use the Pro Bowl as a basis to Judge a player. Special with reports of the NFL thinking of ending the Pro Bowl game after this years edition. If he passed for 500 yards and 4td it wouldn't mean anything.

And I don't know why you're so mad. He had a good season. But the way some of you Panthers fans talk... you make it sound like he's going to improve to 65% completion, 4500 yards, and 1000 yards rushing. Yeah... that's not going to happen. He had this great year, yet his team still only won 6 games.

Why can't he and I'm not saying it will happen but what fact base info do you have to be so sure it couldn't happen?

That's right none. Plus since the team only won 2 games the year before and had a new coaching staff, No Offseason, and 8 starters on IR by week 2. Winning 4 more game was pretty good IMO.

Also, the INT point is useless. Drew Brees threw way more passes. Drew also had no one to throw to in San Diego until 2004, when he had Antonio Gates. Cam had Steve Smith... one of the top 5 WRs in the league. Just look up the WRs San Diego had from 2001 to 2003, it was absolutely abysmal. Worse than what Colt McCoy has had his first two years.

I see you looked up the 2001-2003 San Diego roster and not the stats.

1. Drew had 16 int's his 1st year starting.

2. LT had 79 rec. (just as many as Smith had this year) and Tim Dwight and Reche Cadwell both caught 50 balls each (which is more then Lafell and Legadue did). So please don't play the no one to throw to Card it doesn't work in this situation.

3. Cam threw the ball 517 times and he's a rookie most of his INT's came when he was pressured not Inaccurate throws. Calling him inaccurate is stupid on your part knowing you only watched 2 of his games.

And as I'm typing this... the NFLPA just filed a grievance against the NFL for the suspensions against the players in the "bounty" scandal.

You made a stupid argument.

1st the whole pro bowl performance thing when nobody was actually putting fourth any kind of effort.

2nd the accurate thing when he had 60% comp. rate as a rookie (which most rookie qb's don't have). No rookie QB this year had that. Andy Dalton (who is suppose to be more of a accurate passer then Cam) only had 58% comp. rate.

I think the Saints and the Falcons will be battling for 1st in the South.

I still think the Saints, with Brees, are a 10-11 win team...even without Payton for a year.

Bucs had a nice draft...but may take some time to gel w/ new coach. Should be a better team come the second half of the year I'd guess.

Carolina still has catching up to do. Cam can only do so much...and he may find things a but different during his second year. Great young QB...but there is still room for growth.

no way do they finish last. in all honesty i think they still have a good shot at the playoffs. bring brees back, and theyll be fine. their defense took a hit with those suspensions but it wasnt like that was their strong suit anyway. they will still put up 30 points a game, forcing teams to play catch-up, and causing some turnovers.

I'm sorry Reese but that Ferrari offense atl has is the best n the south. Ryan threw for over 4000 yards. Not many qbs can do that. Lol

I don't see the Saints finishing last..they are still a solid football team. However I don't see anyone finishing last, with the new regime and great off season the Bucs have had I don't see them either. The Falcons definitely won't be last and that leaves me with Carolina. You guys saw what Cam Newton did last year and that performance coming in to this season won't give you the projection of them being the worst. Anyways I think there won't be as much gap in the NFC South this year.

Cam numbers will definitely drop this upcoming season. While the Falcons and Bucs improved their secondary's to defend against Brees, they did almost nothing to shore up their Dline and LB corp. Panthers went another route. They getting Otah back and drafted nasty run blocker OG Silatolu. With RB corp consisted of Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, and Mike Tolbert they will run the **** out of the ball. Panthers slowly switching to San Diego offense. This year you will see a lot of run plays, with a lot of screen passes and many deep balls to TEs and WRs. I also expect Saints to win the division.

I feel Bucs are better than Panthers, but i am about the only one who thinks that....

Freeman has to get back to 2010 form , but as a whole i think Bucs have more Talent

Many Panthers fans evidently believe the Panthers have a better o-line and wide receivers than the BUCS. I find that pretty funny. I suppose many of them have been napping this entire offseason.laugh.png

Many Panthers fans evidently believe the Panthers have a better o-line and wide receivers than the BUCS. I find that pretty funny. I suppose many of them have been napping this entire offseason.laugh.png

they've definitely been in dream land

Lets see

Oline

LT

Bucs have Penn and Trueblood Panthers have Gross and Otah This is either a Push or Panther win this because Gross is the best LT in this division.

OG

Bucs Nicks and Joseph Panthers Hangertner and Silatolu Bucs win this.

C

Bucs have whoever everybody knows this is not even a question. Kali wins this hands down.

Now wr

Bucs have Jackson, Williams, Benn, and Winslow

Panthers have Smith, Lafell, Gettis, and Olson (maybe Shockey)

I'll give Tampa a slight edge but we also have Tolbert, D will and Stewie who are all receiving threat out of the back field and the Bucs have a rookie and Blount (who can't catch ****). So the Panther end up with more talent in the passing game. Not to mention Cam is already a better passer then Freeman.

Let me know if you want to do a defensive breakdown?

Do you mind if I start an online petition to force him to legally change his name to that?

I'd put every name I know on that pepetion, and even make a few up. If a name like that doesn't put some swag on, nothing will.

Edited by 1st&420

Lets see

Oline

LT

Bucs have Penn and Trueblood Panthers have Gross and Otah This is either a Push or Panther win this because Gross is the best LT in this division.

OG

Bucs Nicks and Joseph Panthers Hangertner and Silatolu Bucs win this.

C

Bucs have whoever everybody knows this is not even a question. Kali wins this hands down.

Now wr

Bucs have Jackson, Williams, Benn, and Winslow

Panthers have Smith, Lafell, Gettis, and Olson (maybe Shockey)

I'll give Tampa a slight edge but we also have Tolbert, D will and Stewie who are all receiving threat out of the back field and the Bucs have a rookie and Blount (who can't catch ****). So the Panther end up with more talent in the passing game. Not to mention Cam is already a better passer then Freeman.

Let me know if you want to do a defensive breakdown?

Glad you believe your team's better on paper, I DON'T. Before last season Penn was a great LT, his backslide is directly due to the lax operation of the team by Raheem Morris, He never once called Penn out on his multiple trips to McDonalds everyday during the season. I see the Panthers being better than the BUCS this season, simply because they've already got Riviera's rookie season outta the way, plus Schiano's got a larger learning curve coming directly from college. But if you, like most Falcon fans believe, that you've got two automatic W's because you play the BUCS twice........THINK AGAIN!