Vilma Getting Love From Nfl Players

I looked and couldn't find anything where they just wanted to discuss evidence, just that they invited him after his request. Even if that is true why not go see the evidence against you? Take a lawyer with you to you don't incriminate yourself. Like I said if you were innocent then go out of your way to prove it.

you quoted me and didn't read?

at the last second the NFL decided they would not discuss the evidence. at that point, it was the NFLPA who is the players lawyer for all intents and purposes, who advised the players not to go

edit: and how do you propose to prove your innocence when your accuser won't even show you what you did wrong?

Edited by Dago 3.0
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The burden of proof lies with the Commissioner. He knows that this could and will drag out in court, so why go thru all that if the evidence you have is so concrete and indisputable? He can present his proof let it speak for itself and be done with it by close of buisness tomorrow. There's only one reason he wouldn't, and that's the evidence isn't as cut and dry as he would have everyone believe.

you quoted me and didn't read?

at the last second the NFL decided they would not discuss the evidence. at that point, it was the NFLPA who is the players lawyer for all intents and purposes, who advised the players not to go

edit: and how do you propose to prove your innocence when your accuser won't even show you what you did wrong?

I read every word like I said I never found an article where they said they were just disusing the evidence. Where is your article that is says the NFL backed out of them showing them evidence?

I read every word like I said I never found an article where they said they were just disusing the evidence. Where is your article that is says the NFL backed out of them showing them evidence?

the link was posted at SR.com...seems to be buried now because I couldn't find it

I caught the end of an interview with a former prosecutor who claims that she is the one who looked over everything the NFL has on this case and told league officials that they had a solid case to legally proceed with their punishments.

I don't have links or much more information, but I'm no liar and I'm not making anything up. This is strictly "for what it's worth" information...

I seen the promo for that interview but turn the channel and forgot to turn it back. Imagine that, huh?

I caught the end of an interview with a former prosecutor who claims that she is the one who looked over everything the NFL has on this case and told league officials that they had a solid case to legally proceed with their punishments.

I don't have links or much more information, but I'm no liar and I'm not making anything up. This is strictly "for what it's worth" information...

Yup. Mary Jo White was paid good money by the NFL to take a look at the evidence and give her opinion.

Do you think that possibly the fact that she is being paid by the NFL makes her objectivity questionable? If the NFL were looking for an objective second opinion, why not let the arbitrator agreed upon by the NFL and the NFLPA in their contract look at it?

the Falcons fans who have been so adamant that this all happened have hinged their arguments on only two pieces of 'evidence'

1)GW's 'confession': the statement in question was not from GW. It was given to GW by Roger Goodell after Goodell told GW that the only way to ever be in the NFL again was to play ball. There isn't a judge in the United States who would accept that as a valid confession that wasn't made under duress

2)Hargrove's 'confession': the media finally got their hands on it and here is what Mike Florio has to say about it (and keep in mind that Florio was originally raking the Saints over the coals over this)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/07/hargrove-says-williams-vitt-told-him-to-just-play-dumb/

for those that have trouble with reading, here is the summary from Florio:

And so, when the NFL said last week in the announcement of the suspensions of Hargrove and three other players that the declaration “established not only the existence of the program with the Saints, but also that he knew about and participated in it,” that statement was blatantly incorrect. And when “independent” counsel Mary Jo White explained in a conference call last week that the “thrust” of the declaration was Hargrove’s acknowledgment of “the nature of the program and his participation in it,” that was blatantly incorrect, too.

the Falcons fans who have been so adamant that this all happened have hinged their arguments on only two pieces of 'evidence'

1)GW's 'confession': the statement in question was not from GW. It was given to GW by Roger Goodell after Goodell told GW that the only way to ever be in the NFL again was to play ball. There isn't a judge in the United States who would accept that as a valid confession that wasn't made under duress

2)Hargrove's 'confession': the media finally got their hands on it and here is what Mike Florio has to say about it (and keep in mind that Florio was originally raking the Saints over the coals over this)

http://profootballta...just-play-dumb/

for those that have trouble with reading, here is the summary from Florio:

And so, when the NFL said last week in the announcement of the suspensions of Hargrove and three other players that the declaration “established not only the existence of the program with the Saints, but also that he knew about and participated in it,” that statement was blatantly incorrect. And when “independent” counsel Mary Jo White explained in a conference call last week that the “thrust” of the declaration was Hargrove’s acknowledgment of “the nature of the program and his participation in it,” that was blatantly incorrect, too.

I'm still waiting on this article that proves this, but I like how you left out the part that says "It may simply be semantics, given that Williams and Vitt apparently confessed to the existence of a bounty program — which necessarily means that Hargrove had lied. But in his declaration he never says that he lied, and he never admits that the bounty program existed. "

Why would he have to play dumb if he knew nothing about the bounty program? This is what I have a problem with this article. If he knew nothing about this bounty program then he wouldn't have to lie. Yes he didn't blatantly come out and say he knew participated in it, but he did say he knew about it when he lied to the league. You also have to take into account that he was heard saying give me my money after making a play.

I'm still waiting on this article that proves this, but I like how you left out the part that says "It may simply be semantics, given that Williams and Vitt apparently confessed to the existence of a bounty program — which necessarily means that Hargrove had lied. But in his declaration he never says that he lied, and he never admits that the bounty program existed. "

Why would he have to play dumb if he knew nothing about the bounty program? This is what I have a problem with this article. If he knew nothing about this bounty program then he wouldn't have to lie. Yes he didn't blatantly come out and say he knew participated in it, but he did say he knew about it when he lied to the league. You also have to take into account that he was heard saying give me my money after making a play.

Florio has practiced law.

you will have to excuse me if I defer to his opinion of what this means rather than you now grasping at guesses and not facts

this does nothing to prove that any money was offered or paid for the injury of a player.

AGAIN....pretty much every Saints fan in here believes there was some sort of pool going on for big plays. What we want, and so does Florio, is evidence that it was for injuring players as Goodell has claimed and that it lasted for 3 years.

Stop trying to act like we are saying there was absolutely nothing going on, put away your bias, and use your brain.

Florio has practiced law.

you will have to excuse me if I defer to his opinion of what this means rather than you now grasping at guesses and not facts

this does nothing to prove that any money was offered or paid for the injury of a player.(Like I said before, if there was no bounty program, then why tell Hargrove to lie about it?)

AGAIN....pretty much every Saints fan in here believes there was some sort of pool going on for big plays. What we want, and so does Florio, is evidence that it was for injuring players as Goodell has claimed and that it lasted for 3 years.

Stop trying to act like we are saying there was absolutely nothing going on, put away your bias, and use your brain.(I' m using mine how about you use yours and take those black and gold shades off. You can piece it together. Explain to me if there is no bounty program in place why would 2 coaches tell you to lie about something that is not in place. If there was no bounty system then there would be no reason to tell players what to tell the league.)

*regurgitating the same old mess over and over without facts*

BECAUSE TECHNICALLY RUNNING A PAY FOR BIG PLAY SYSTEM IS ILLEGAL AS WELL!!!!!

that doesn't mean it was pay for injury and so far there is no evidence to support that and no evidence present that is enough to destroy a player's career and reputation

that doesn't mean it was pay for injury and so far there is no evidence to support that and no evidence present that is enough to destroy a player's career and reputation

Especially when you consider we're all privy to the best evidence there is, THREE YEARS WORTH OF VIDEO!

Can we change the title of this thread? I keep thinking I signed back into bathhouse.com

It is not a home improvement forum! Those lying bastages I met in a bathroom stall at Home Depot.

(Yeah straight pimpin for my man Mistuh Blank! He straight from Allanner)

Someone else was talking about Roman bath houses just the other day.

Just because I brought up Tony Curtis, his buttocks, and bath houses all in one day doesn't mean anything!

Does anyone know where I can get one of those doughnut cushions?

No, but I got I blow up giraffe floaty you can borrow.

Come on guy lets have a rational conversation without the childish antics. Denying a big play system and a bounty system are two completely different things, and he was told to lie about the bounty program.

Come on guy lets have a rational conversation without the childish antics. Denying a big play system and a bounty system are two completely different things, and he was told to lie about the bounty program.

so why did the NFL lie?

and stop trying to spin it into a matter of interpretations. A couple of attorneys have already spoken out and said its BS.

so why did the NFL lie?

and stop trying to spin it into a matter of interpretations. A couple of attorneys have already spoken out and said its BS.

What did the NFL lie about? What lawyers have come out and said that this is B.S.? Answer the question if there was no bounty system then why lie about one?

Edited by #1falconsfan