Romo 91St Player On Top 100 List...

Romo was top 5 with his 19 more TDs than turnovers. Romo is a definite top 10 qb. I'd rank him over Cam, Ryan, Flacco, Cutler...etc...for the time being.

Ryan........had the same +TD/turnover as Cam... Which was +16. Both in the top 10 in that range. The difference being, Ryan wasn't in the top 5 in scores or total yards.

Edited by pox 08
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be that the players take things like scheme and situational play into consdieration?

Or did Romo play for a run first, 1983 style offense that shut down after the first half?

Use whatever formula you want to, all 3 analyst that talked on the Romo pick said he should be higher. Brian Billick, Rod Woodson, and Marshall Faulk called Romo a top 10 QB. Where he is on the list makes him #12. You do the math.

Edited by Enlightened29

If pigs had wings they could fly. Romo had a better year, period. You dont go off what could of been, you go off what was. If Miles Austin didnt get hurt and Dez didnt disappear at the end of games Romo's number could have been better. See how that can work both ways?

Sure but then the numbers would still be close.

So if Romo is most undoubtedly a top 10 qb, and Ryan has VERY similar numbers would that not make Ryan also a top 10 qb?

Use whatever formula you want to, all 3 analyst that talked on the Romo pick said he should be higher. Brian Billick, Rod Woodson, and Marshall Faulk called Romo a top 10 QB. Where he is on the list makes him #12. You do the math.

So to sum it up, every other person on the list doesn't deserve it because your qb wasn't ranked high enough?

Sure but then the numbers would still be close.

So if Romo is most undoubtedly a top 10 qb, and Ryan has VERY similar numbers would that not make Ryan also a top 10 qb?

That depends. If Romo is number 10 and Ryan isnt quite on Romo's level yet, wouldnt that put Ryan at 11 or 12?

So to sum it up, every other person on the list doesn't deserve it because your qb wasn't ranked high enough?

Yes, thats exactly what I said....or you could take the remaining 11 QBs and make the argument that some are seeded higher than they should be. You make the call.

So you have to be a RB to outscore a QB? Romo outscored Ryan and he hardly ever runs. The only thing Ryan did better than Romo this past year was interceptions. At least you have that to hang your hat on. biggrin.png

You see here is where you lose credibility with me. Are you saying that Romo and Ryan were in the same scheme? Are you saying scheme and playbook have no influence on the results?

You see here is where you lose credibility with me. Are you saying that Romo and Ryan were in the same scheme? Are you saying scheme and playbook have no influence on the results?

Are you saying that Ryan, regardless of scheme is on Romo's level? Their QB ratings would seem to differ. QB ratings factor how efficient a QB is regardless of scheme. Romo's was 102.5, 4th in the league, Ryans was 92.2, 8th in the league. So, with that said, you may be able to make the argument that both are top 10 QBs from last year, but you still cant make the argument that Ryan deserves to be higher.

Ryan reached 4,000 yards, why my my, Romo did that for the 3rd time this year, biggrin.png

I don't know why it stings some of em so much to admit that Romo is better than Ryan right now. It was the same battle prior to last year, when I claimed that Rivers was better than Ryan.

I don't know why it stings some of em so much to admit that Romo is better than Ryan right now. It was the same battle prior to last year, when I claimed that Rivers was better than Ryan.

I think this is why I hate Ryan so much. Its not that hes a bad QB, but that Falcons fans act like hes the second coming.

True... With Cam having a losing season and Ryan having a winning season.........how many more playoff wins does Ryan have compared to Cam?

Lol. I hope that comforted you as Super Cam choked his way to double digit losses. I seem to remember one of those was at BOA. Hmm... Cam put up great numbers in the first half, but when it counted it....

Lol. I hope that comforted you as Super Cam choked his way to double digit losses. I seem to remember one of those was at BOA. Hmm... Cam put up great numbers in the first half, but when it counted it....

Hey... Thunder, fourth and inches....in the playoffs..... which qb would you prefer? Ryan or Cam?

Ah, they cant use the "hes only been playing half the time" excuse with Cam, :D

It must really sting to know that after his first year, and a losing record, Cam is right on pace with Ryan in the playoff win column.

Ah, they cant use the "hes only been playing half the time" excuse with Cam, biggrin.png

It must really sting to know that after his first year, and a losing record, Cam is right on pace with Ryan in the playoff win column.

It kills em. What really must sting though is the fact that Tebow and the Broncos lucked into the playoffs one time....and they already have one more playoff win than the Falcons?

It kills em. What really must sting though is the fact that Tebow and the Broncos lucked into the playoffs one time....and they already have one more playoff win than the Falcons?

Well, I like Tebow and I wish him the best.

Seeing as Tebow is 1-1 in the playoffs though, I guess that makes him better than Ryan...since hes dont more in less time...

Edited by Enlightened29

Ryan reached 4,000 yards, why my my, Romo did that for the 3rd time this year, biggrin.png

Romo has been i the league for 8 years,

Ryan just completed his 4th

Well, I like Tebow and I wish him the best.

Seeing as Tebow is 1-1 in the playoffs though, I guess that makes him better than Ryan...since hes dont more in less time...

That would also make him better than Romo

Cam also didnt have the talent surrounding him that Ryan came into. Dont kid yourself.

Yeah he only had TWO 1,200 yard rushers, a pro bowl wr, a god Oline, and 2 veteran TEs.

When Ryan got to the falcons he had no established back ( Turner was a back up before he got here) only 2 quality wr ( White had just come off a good year) and an offensive line that the year before gave up over 50 sacks

You put a rookie Ryan with Stewart,Williams, Smith, Olsen, Shockey and that Oline and I GUARANTEE YOU he wins more than 6 games.