Romo 91St Player On Top 100 List...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems about where he should be.

Alley.Baggett-04.jpg

As the 12th best QB in the league? He was 72 last year and had an even better 2011. How can you justify the decline in ranking? McGahee, Woodson and Faulk all said he should be higher, the consensus on him is that hes a top 10 QB.

102.5 QB Rating (4th)

4,184 Yards (7th)

31 TDs (5th)

10 INTs (11th)

This isnt about what the Cowboys did in 2011, this is all about the player. How can you look at those stats and say he deserves to be this low?

Edited by Enlightened29

Yeah I think he should be higher as well. I know the media likes to talk about how much talent the Cowboys have... but outside of Witten, he really doesn't have THAT much help. His OLine is average at best. The RBs are OK, and that's assuming Murray continues where he left off. His WRs are also average. They lost Robinson and I don't think anyone can truly count on Dez Bryant ever living up to his potential.

He played a handful of games with a rib injury, and still had his best year. Yeah, pretty much every QB in the league had their best year ever. 3 guys threw for 5000+ when it had only happened twice in NFL history. But he still had a great year. Is Romo a top 5 QB? No. But I don't think I could name 10 QBs I would take over him and considering that this is a QB driven league now... I wouldn't put 90 players ahead of him.

Edited by bradael

The list seems "eh" so far. Kalil@99 for example... He should be in the 70s...at least. 3 time pro bowler, last year he was all pro...and has been one of the best centers in the NFL.

Romo should be in the late 50s, early 60s.

Edited by pox 08

yes. top ten at his position which is the most important position on the field.

id say late 60's early 70's for Romo

Most people want to blame all of Dallas' woes on Romo. When you look at what he's done as an individual its obvious he's one of the best in the league at his position.

So if/when Matt Ryan comes out higher than Romo on a list voted on by the guys who play against them both that should end any discussion about who is better right???

Ryan isn't a top 10 QB regardless of what the players say. Anyone with half a brain knows this is waaaay too low for Romo.

LOL. This should be added to your signature, and every opinion that spills from your puddin stained fingers should have an astericks denoting it.

So I guess if Ryan was voted over Brees you wouldnt question this list. I could see where you would jump for joy at the notion that Ryan won something over Romo. Problem is, he hasnt done anything better than Romo. Is Ryan in the top 5 All-Time in QB Rating? No. Was Ryan in the top 5 last year in QB rating? No. So that tells me that not only has Romo been a more efficient QB over his career but he was a more efficient passer than Ryan last year. Romo had more yards, more TDs, and less INTs than Ryan. So if you want to listen to Ryan being the better QB, you go right ahead, Im pretty sure I just proved the players wrong.

Edited by Enlightened29

So I guess if Ryan was voted over Brees you wouldnt question this list. I could see where you would jump for joy at the notion that Ryan won something over Romo. Problem is, he hasnt done anything better than Romo. Is Ryan in the top 5 All-Time in QB Rating? No. Was Ryan in the top 5 last year in QB rating? No. So that tells me that not only has Romo been a more efficient QB over his career but he was a more efficient passer than Ryan last year. Romo had more yards, more TDs, and less INTs than Ryan. So if you want to listen to Ryan being the better QB, you go right ahead, Im pretty sure I just proved the players wrong.

If Ryan was rated over Brees I wouldn't touch the list because I would be afraid of that amount of stupidity might be contagious.

Second, I never said Ryan was better than Romo. My response was to the statement I quoted.

Ryan isn't a top 10 QB regardless of what the players say. Anyone with half a brain knows this is waaaay too low for Romo.

So why is Ryan not a top 10 qb and Romo is??

Their numbers this past year were very very close.

Had the falcon wrs not lead the league in drops he would have surpassed all of Romo's numbers

So why is Ryan not a top 10 qb and Romo is??

Their numbers this past year were very very close.

Had the falcon wrs not lead the league in drops he would have surpassed all of Romo's numbers

If pigs had wings they could fly. Romo had a better year, period. You dont go off what could of been, you go off what was. If Miles Austin didnt get hurt and Dez didnt disappear at the end of games Romo's number could have been better. See how that can work both ways?

If Ryan was rated over Brees I wouldn't touch the list because I would be afraid of that amount of stupidity might be contagious.

Second, I never said Ryan was better than Romo. My response was to the statement I quoted.

Exactly, this is the player's list on the players. If they think Ryan is the better QB Id have to have their heads examined. Ryan didnt even have a better year than Romo. He turned the ball over more and scored less. How is that deserving of a better rating?

Could it be that the players take things like scheme and situational play into consdieration?

Or did Romo play for a run first, 1983 style offense that shut down after the first half?