Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

What A Joke!

40 posts in this topic

i think the panthers and buccs make the playoffs this year as well. Theyve both gotten much better.

didnt you predict us to miss the playoffs? So you're saying you think the bucs who couldnt tell their azz from a hole in the ground and the panties have a better chance of making the playoffs?

It's like you're TRYING to embarrass yourself. Your parents need to slap each other in the face.

FalconOdense and pr0d1gy like this

Panthers will be good, but I think Cam comes back to earth some this year. Defense/Scouting

The Saints will be fine. They still got the offense. Also if they run the ball like they did at the end of last season, they are nearly unstoppable. I hate them, but I think the lost to the 49ers was a fluke. Their defense wasn't too concerned about the run, but the Aints abandoned it.

Bucs, not too concerned about. Won't be an easy road win though.

Think we are the favorites along with the Saints. Should be better on both sides of the ball. Obviously an injury to any QB changes everything.

Herm and Bruschi are the only qualified ones to talk. Freeman was inconsistent last year and their D crapped the bed. More concerned about the Panthers who will have a legit defense w Kuechly (sic)

Since when does 1 player make a defense? Panthers defense will still suck! Mark it down!

T.Mays likes this

I don't understand what people think is going to happen to the Saints. If they were losing a lot of members of their offense, I'd say they're going to finish badly. But they're losing members of a D that wasn't good anyway. They still have that juggernaut offense.

They're the favorites to win. Falcons 2nd. Panthers 3rd. Bucs 4th. But as always in the NFCS, anyone could actually win. Just surprised the Saints are being written off. They still have an elite QB, elite OL, elite pass catching TE, RB and several legit receivers. Great backfield. None of that has changed, unfortunately.

Definitely I think the division is there's to lose. The Saints are the thorn that the Atlanta Falcons can't shake.

The Panthers will be better next year and the Bucs improved. It will be interesting to watch how it unfolds

Bill Walsh stated that you do not know what you really have in a QB until he has

played 2 season.

At this point a QB's traits are known throughout the league.

Like Matt Ryan, if Cam is still tearing it up then, I would agree that the Panties have

a shot at it.

But for now we just have to see what the kid is made of.

Eh. Panthers had a top 5 scoring offense last season. With Beason coming back and the addition of Kuechly.. their defense should jump up from horrible to average. Their depleted LBer corp was the main contributor to their horrible run defense. Opposing teams got most of their yards by bouncing the ball to the outside, where the Panther's 6th and 7th string LBers didn't have the ability to tackle.

A top 5 scoring offense.........with just an average defense...will be good for 10+ wins this upcoming year.

lol. Herm and Tedy are the only ones who know anything, and Herm has always been somewhat of a nutcase, so I'll take Tedy's prediction :P

I don't know what your beef is? Are you mad,cause all of them didn't pick the Falcons?

2 If that's the case, what have the Falcons done to earn any pundits respect (even though some talk out of their butt) ? I mean we should have been the team to come out and play with a chip on our shoulder last year and what did we do? Play un inspired football all year, happen to make the playoffs only to score 2 points.

What have we done to deserve being picked to win the division?

2008 = 11 wins - finished second behind Carolina - who came within a field goal in the last seconds of losing - and us winning the division

2009 = 9 wins - injury riddled - worst schedule ever - and STILL finished second in the division behind the Super Bowl Champion Saints

2010 = 13 wins - finished first - first seed - best NFC record

2011 = 10 wins - finished second behind Saints

Division ranked by wins over last 4 years:

1. Saints = 45 wins

2. Falcons = 43 wins

3. Carolina = 28 wins

4. Tampa = 26 wins

ONLY team in the NFC South to have a winning season all 4 seasons.

So what have we done to deserve being picked as the potential winner of the Division over Tampa and Carolina? You really have to ask that question?

Divisions are won during the regular season, not the post season. Our team has balled during regular season under this regime. We DO deserve to be selected as the winner over Tampa and Carolina based on our record over the past 4 seasons. The only team that really deserves to be picked over us is New Orleans.

That being said - these are opinions and opinions do not determine the outcome of the season. I could care less who they pick because it has no bearing on whether we win or lose the Division. Play on the field will determine that.

I'm only responding to your pessimism about the accomplishments and abilities of OUR team.

I don't care what anyone may say. I don't care how well

other division teams do. I only care that the Falcons win

both home and away against ALL division opponents

Doing that does not assure a playoff spot, but

I want it, and if ya can do it, I think a playoff spot

would be there.

Good Luck to all division teams but no luck

needed when the Falcons play them.

didnt you predict us to miss the playoffs? So you're saying you think the bucs who couldnt tell their azz from a hole in the ground and the panties have a better chance of making the playoffs?

It's like you're TRYING to embarrass yourself. Your parents need to slap each other in the face.

it depends on what season youre talking about. If youre talking 2011 i predicted we would barely make the playoffs at 10-6 and then promptly get booted without a fight. I was right. The buccs and panties both have better qbs and have gotten better. I think its fair to say they will battle for the south. Youre more than welcome to keep your homer head in the sand. Be my guest. I told ya so is somethin im used to saying around here. Matty melt doesnt have the brass to lead this team to glory. Sorry. The evidence just isnt there son.

I bet if they were wagering their money in Vegas the picks would be different to some of them. The Falcons are the safest bet.

I personally don't think the Panthers will do much better next season, I see 8-8. Bucs will be better but that ain't saying much. Saints drop to 9-7, maybe 10-6, and we win the division with 11-5 or 12-4