"At the East-West Shrine Game, Robertson was dominant, destroying offensive linemen all week long. He needed to show more of that in the regular season. "

I have really high hopes for Robertson. I have no idea why he was not drafted earlier. He may not make flashy plays by getting a lot of sacks, but if you want to judge him go look at him in any short yardage situation or goal line situation. He definitely has the ability to turn it on.

And i bolded this quote because I remember a few years ago when fellow SEC DT Geno Atkins (Georgia) was taken in the 5th round. He did not have a super awesome final year in college, but he goes to Senior Bowl i think it was. Maybe it was the Shrine Game i can't remember, and he was dominating people. He ends up being drafted in the 5th and is now a top 3 pass rushing DT in the league. I know some of the reason he fell to the 5th was because of sickle-cell trait he has, but I just wanted to put this into perspective.

Interesting that we have two South Carolina DL picks in two seasons. I'm hoping Matthews can add something to the edge rush this season and it'd be nice if Robertson can surprise despite his draft position.

I really think he will. I am not giving up on Jerry and i like Vance too, but i would not be surprised if he takes some snaps from both of them. It is a bit of a stretch in one offseason to do that, but with Nolans defense he very well could find a role.

You KNow I'm not negative. But I really dont think Jerry will be here on opening day. No sure but this kid we got in the 7th will be on this team. I did not like the Jerry pick when we got him. I wanted Ziggy Hood with a extra pick. Hood is still getting better every year and is a haus.

I know a lot of people are writing Jerry off and i am getting near that point. This year or maybe even the first half of the season should be make or break for him. I want him to succeed cause he has more pass rush ability than Walker and Robertson and maybe even Peters so we could definitely use him, especially with Babs starting to get up there in age. But yeah Robertson will definitely hold his own at DT.

As a South Carolina fan, I can tell anyone anything about the guy.

He came in as a four-star DE, weighing around 230-235. D-line coach Brad Lawining wanted to redshirt him, but we didn't have the luxury that year. He had to play. He did okay. After his freshman year in 2007, he blew up. He added 35-40 pounds of muscle that offseason, going into his sophomore year at around 270. He made the switch to a DT/DE hybird. He did good at DE, but struggled at DT since he wasn't quite big enough to handle the big guys in the middle. The next offseason, he bumps up to around 290-295 and he plays much better in the middle. Senior year he is around 300, but he injures his knee, misses most of the season and takes a redshirt year (he had one to burn). This past season he played at 305-310 and was an anchor on the d-line. Incredibly strong, workout warrior, leader, incredibly humble, work ethic off the charts, etc.

As far as talent, he's come a long way. He is incredibly strong at the point of attack, but I don't think he'll ever be a guy to blow by guards and centers. His foot work, strength, drive, and hand work are very good, and he'll keep guys at bay.

He came in as a four-star DE, weighing around 230-235. D-line coach Brad Lawining wanted to redshirt him, but we didn't have the luxury that year. He had to play. He did okay. After his freshman year in 2007, he blew up. He added 35-40 pounds of muscle that offseason, going into his sophomore year at around 270. He made the switch to a DT/DE hybird. He did good at DE, but struggled at DT since he wasn't quite big enough to handle the big guys in the middle. The next offseason, he bumps up to around 290-295 and he plays much better in the middle. Senior year he is around 300, but he injures his knee, misses most of the season and takes a redshirt year (he had one to burn). This past season he played at 305-310 and was an anchor on the d-line. Incredibly strong, workout warrior, leader, incredibly humble, work ethic off the charts, etc.

As far as talent, he's come a long way. He is incredibly strong at the point of attack, but I don't think he'll ever be a guy to blow by guards and centers. His foot work, strength, drive, and hand work are very good, and he'll keep guys at bay.

Thanks for the info. Do you think he'd fit in well at 3-4 DE for when we go into hybrid looks?

Thanks man.