I'm going to give it a nice solid B.

Konz A 1st round talent at 55, best center in draft

Holmes B- I thought a C- at first, then I saw his tape. GREAT pass protection potential. Like it a lot. He was obviously a TD have, and he wanted to make sure he got him. Worked with Peters.

Ewing C My "meh" pick, but I get the logic. We need an heir to Ovie.

Massaquoi B+ Awesome production in 2010, needs to give Pearcy his extra 20 lbs. Situational Pass Rusher. Love it.

Mitchell B Solid Safety depth, team captain. Good character pick. Decent stats for a 6th rounder

Robertson A SEC resume, nice tape, can't ask for a better pick 4 slots away from Mr. Irrelevant

From what I've seen from the UDFA's, it's looking like an A.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give this draft a C-. It seemed throughout the whole two days we kept ignoring half a dozen or more good additions to the team only to choose people that were very average in talent and lightly regarded in their perceived overall draft value (with the exception of Konce, of course). Just got to hope these picks are who we needed.

Whom would you have chosen? I grade it B, only because we didn't have a first rounder. The need was there for each position, whether they work out is the question, unanswered for a couple of years.

Injury prone 2nd round pick but value

How the **** is Konz "injury prone?" Missing some time here and there does not make you injury prone.

He started 50 of 53 games he played at Wisconsin. The 50 starts are tied with Bengals guard Clint Boling for the most by an offensive lineman in school history.

How the **** is Konz "injury prone?" Missing some time here and there does not make you injury prone.

He started 50 of 53 games he played at Wisconsin. The 50 starts are tied with Bengals guard Clint Boling for the most by an offensive lineman in school history.

Especially for an offensive lineman! That's a tough *** position to play and not miss some time here and there.

I give it a solid A.

1st -Remember that *Julio Jones counts as our first rounder again this year, same as RG3 will count as the Skins 1st rounder for the next three years. To me, Julio's still worth it.

2nd *Konz - franchise Center for next decade. Bigger and more powerful than McClure. Great pick.

3rd *Holmes - Jury is still out, but i like his frame and power. Team leader and versatile. Good pick.

5th *Ewing - Solid pick. Ovie coming off bad injury and costing us millions. Smart pickup. I wanted FB Smelley from Alabama, but Ewing has a great pedigree and also very versatile. The fact that he's worked with Konz for years makes this pick sooo much better. Plug and play rookie.

5th *Massaqoui - To all you boys wanting more of the 3-4, well here's your first guy. Great range and speed.

6th *Mitchell - Weakest pick, but i like his size and intangibles. Healthy his entire college career. Tackling machine. Would do well as a back-up to William Moore. Very similar players.

7th *Robertson - Gamecocks fan here. Dude is a beast. Hungry, powerful and ready to come out the gate swinging. Great depth for our defensive line, but i think this guy could have a future in the NFL as a starter.

*7th rounder traded for Asante Samuel - Biggest bargain we've ever picked up with a draft pick. 2 time superbowl winner and career pro-bowler.

*Also gained a 4th round compensitory pick in 2013.

As a total body of work, it's a very impressive draft. The negative nancys can try and take stuff out of context to try and make Dimitroff and the Falcons look bad, but i aint buying what they're selling. Along with Julio and Asante, we approached the draft to protect our franchise QB, replace an injured Ovie, upgrade LT, and made moves to strengthen our depth at key defensive positions. Nolan, Koetter and Hill should be very happy.

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

How can you grade a draft before any of the players has stepped on the field? Is it a name recognition or popularity grade you're looking for? Some of you need to realize those teams that picked up the top players got them because they had losing records. As the Falcons go deeper into the playoffs you can expect us to get what's left over unless they trade up for certain players. Apparently TD had to stand pat because he gave up picks last year. Let's wait and see what these guys can do before we try and rate their draft.

going into the draft i didnt expect to much...just because we have new coordinators and good solid players already...i was a lil disappointed that we didnt grab some good players that were available as far as DE and TE BUT...like i said i didnt expect to much as far as moving up to grab a curtain players just because we had already filled some wholes in free agency and via trade... ill give the grade a C+ just because the players they chose were off the radar to me...im not going to praise TD with a B or a B+ because he is TD and im not easily amused by a vinella draft... C+

going into the draft i didnt expect to much...just because we have new coordinators and good solid players already...i was a lil disappointed that we didnt grab some good players that were available as far as DE and TE BUT...like i said i didnt expect to much as far as moving up to grab a curtain players just because we had already filled some wholes in free agency and via trade... ill give the grade a C+ just because the players they chose were off the radar to me...im not going to praise TD with a B or a B+ because he is TD and im not easily amused by a vinella draft... C+

What's a curtain player?

Initial reaction is a C- If you include the Samuel acquisition I say its a B. I love the Konz pick, and I like the potential in Massaquoi and Ewing, but I have to wait and see on how Holmes develops. We won't be able to get an accurate grade until we see these guys in action.

B

Konz: other teams will be kicking themselves over passing on our Pro Bowl anchor for a decade+.

Lamar Holmes: brainless ignorant halfwits who form opinions based strictly on regurgitated drivel and pablum hate the pick. Kiperettes call him late-round talent. At the time he was drafted I had never heard of him. I had an anti-TD blast ready to go. But I did some research. I asked for someone to post game tape of him playing, then I watched it. The guy is massive, has the ability to move easily and effectively, is very nimble, and very strong. He is raw and needs to learn how to play in an NFL-style offense, out of a 3-point stance. However, it is easier to learn run-blocking than pass-blocking.

04/09/12 - 2012 NFL COMBINE MEDICAL RECHECK: C Peter Konz, Wisconsin (6-5, 314): Injuries have been an issue for the talented Wisconsin center, who suffered a blood clot in both lungs in 2009, a sprained ankle in 2010 and a dislocated ankle that forced him to miss the final few games of 2011. Konz was also forced to sit out at the combine and has yet to work out for pro teams, continuing his rehab on that ankle. He still expects to work out sometime in April, but durability is a bright red flag for Konz. - Frank Cooney, NFLDraftScout.com

B

Konz: other teams will be kicking themselves over passing on our Pro Bowl anchor for a decade+.

Lamar Holmes: brainless ignorant halfwits who form opinions based strictly on regurgitated drivel and pablum hate the pick. Kiperettes call him late-round talent. At the time he was drafted I had never heard of him. I had an anti-TD blast ready to go. But I did some research. I asked for someone to post game tape of him playing, then I watched it. The guy is massive, has the ability to move easily and effectively, is very nimble, and very strong. He is raw and needs to learn how to play in an NFL-style offense, out of a 3-point stance. However, it is easier to learn run-blocking than pass-blocking.

You have made some valid points these past few days.

B

I really like the side of Big Rob