Mike Mayock Liked Both The Falcons Picks Yesterday

But, he brought up Holmes before the pick and he spoke more about him when we picked. If you notice, Mayock does say nice things about every player, but the less he talks about said player shows how he feels. He is very knowledgeable about every player almost

well said - that was what intrigued me moreso than after Falcons drafted Holmes - the fact that Holmes' name got mentioned unsolicited by the fact that somebody picked Holmes - Mayock would not have mentioned him like that (when Brandon Brooks got picked earlier in 3rd) if Mayock did not really like Holmes - Mayock purposely mentioned how Holmes looked good at East-West Shrine game - that says a lot.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, he brought up Holmes before the pick and he spoke more about him when we picked. If you notice, Mayock does say nice things about every player, but the less he talks about said player shows how he feels. He is very knowledgeable about every player almost

Agreed. As I said,,,,not to take away from the OP's point. He's right.

If anybody needs more proof, just look at how much time Russell Wilson had to stand in the pocket on a lot of those throws. I saw him bounce a couple of times waiting for somebody to get open. When's the last time Ryan even got to his plant foot without having to throw it immediately?

I remember in the War room book.. The Hoodie said when they drafted Sebastian Vollmer... He was more like a 4th and 5th round pick at the time but they knew with coaching up and his skill set... He would develop into a good tackle

He was also another guy that impressed at the east west shrine game

I remember Vollmer being a pretty hot commodity among the draft community. I'm quite positive a lot of reputable draft "experts" thought of him as a 2nd round pick. I remember hearing conversations about him creeping into the 1st round.

Mayock is THE draft/personnel guy IMHO... He has brains, and class.

he has prev'ly said bluntly that he wouldnt draft Coples... ever, but he knows some teams will. How fitting that the morons at NYJets are the ones to actually do so.

actually, i know several times, Mayock has been vocal about a player being highly reached, not a good fit or just a bad player for his position. First one that comes to mind is Clausson (sp?)(old Notre dame QB). I remember Mayock saying he was a QB that was not going to translate in the league.

Mayock also brought up huge durability concerns as well with Konz to be fair

You keep bringing up Konz, like you're worried about some recurring injury that plagued him throughout school. Dude did not play any full seasons, but he also didn't have three seasons in a row lost to a knee injury that is continuing to get scoped. He had three completely unrelated injuries. Sometimes, it seems like you can't see the forest for the trees with your incessant hatred of TD.