In my opinion:

Reynolds is good as gone. He had his chance and he was awful.

Baker will likely be cut and McNeill signed to a very incentive laden deal.

Johnson is likely gone. He hasn't shown me anything even though he has been hurt.

I believe we will keep 5 interior lineman. I think Konz, Blaylock, McClure, and Hawley are locks. The fifth is up for grabs depending on how they play in training camp and preseason.

How many **** o-linemen can we have? Somebody gonna get cut.

Sam Baker

Will Svitek

Justin Blalock

Todd McClure

Joe Hawley

Mike Johnson

Andrew Jackson

Vince Manuwai

Garrett Reynolds

Tyson Clabo

Peter Konz

Lamar Holmes

That's 12 guys right there. We would probably only carry 9 on the 53-man roster at the most. Most likely 8. So there will be some cuts. But this creates great competition at OL which is something we haven't had.

In my opinion:

Reynolds is good as gone. He had his chance and he was awful.

Baker will likely be cut and McNeill signed to a very incentive laden deal.

Johnson is likely gone. He hasn't shown me anything even though he has been hurt.

I believe we will keep 5 interior lineman. I think Konz, Blaylock, McClure, and Hawley are locks. The fifth is up for grabs depending on how they play in training camp and preseason.

I think this was a sign that Baker is toast, and McNeil might come in as a stop gap until this Holmes kid develops. Not sure about Holmes, but how can you not love his measurables? 351/4 arms!

If Holmes can be developed into a starter then the O-line is going to be massive, pending on who they get to be the RG in 2013 after Konz shifts to center.

I love the fact that we are beefing up the OL. I have always thought for a long time now that the Falcons OL was pretty small compared to a lot of other OLs. For years the Dallas Cowboys had the biggest OL in the NFL and it was the best OL in the NFL. That's how Emmitt got the rushing record.

Sam Baker

Will Svitek

Justin Blalock

Todd McClure

Joe Hawley

Mike Johnson

Andrew Jackson

Vince Manuwai

Garrett Reynolds

Tyson Clabo

Peter Konz

Lamar Holmes

That's 12 guys right there. We would probably only carry 9 on the 53-man roster at the most. Most likely 8. So there will be some cuts. But this creates great competition at OL which is something we haven't had.

Actually there is another tackle on the roster ---Jolly from 2011 PS

usually they do carry 9 on the 53 man with 7 active on game day

I do not think Johnson is going anywhere.

They can put Jackson back on the PS again and to me there is a good chance McClure may be cut at the end of pre-season--I don't say I like it but its there.

Edited by delaigle

Atlanta_Falcons@Atlanta_Falcons

Dimitroff: "Holmes caught our eye as an underclassman...he's a guy who we monitored for a while." #atldraft

Atlanta_Falcons@Atlanta_Falcons

Dimitroff: "We believe [Holmes] has swing tackle capability....we think he has potential to play either right or left tackle. #atldraft

Of that list I think Reynolds and Hawley are on shaky ground. Baker should be on shaky ground but probably isn't...SMH...

I disagree I think Hawley is a decent backup center or guard but I don't want him starting. Reynolds might as well ask to be released now so that he can try to make another teams roster.

Of that list I think Reynolds and Hawley are on shaky ground. Baker should be on shaky ground but probably isn't...SMH...

I think Hawley is set.

OR else they will have to draft another center next year, this is most likely McClures last year.

With the signing of Holmes, Reynolds or Baker may well be in trouble

Clabo, Holmes, Baker, Svitek, Reynolds

Edited by delaigle

OL Peter Konz was the No. 1 ranked center in the draft. He likely fell because of injury concerns. Konz told Atlanta media he's completely healed from a dislocated ankle suffered in 2011. But he also injured his ankle in 2010 and suffered from blood clots in his lungs in 2009.

Atlanta's new offensive lineman, Peter Konz, said he practiced at Wisconsin at center, guard and tackle, but only played center. GM Thomas Dimitroff expects Konz to play two positions: "I can't emphasize enough how important it is Konz can play both guard & center. We have him listed as a guard-center."

I think this was a sign that Baker is toast, and McNeil might come in as a stop gap until this Holmes kid develops. Not sure about Holmes, but how can you not love his measurables? 351/4 arms!

Pat Hill must have FINALLY convinced TD that Baker's arms makes him a modern day T Rex and belongs in a museum not on a football field.