For Anyone Who Is Opposed To Konz, Consider This:

No one has been more harshly critical of TD than me.

No one.

No one has had more vitriol to (justifiably) spew at TD than me.

No one.

I have no complaints. His injury history is a yellow flag: not a red flag. None are of the lingering, career-threatening nature. One was actually an illness, not an injury. Another was just a sprained ankle, and that can happen to anyone.

I am on record as saying I would have preferred Phillip Blake, and I will stand by that. BUT!!! I never thought Konz would fall to us, and I am extremely happy to have him as the centerpiece of our offensive line for a decade or more.

Peter Konz: welcome aboard.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No one.

No one.

I have no complaints. His injury history is a yellow flag: not a red flag. None are of the lingering, career-threatening nature. One was actually an illness, not an injury. Another was just a sprained ankle, and that can happen to anyone.

I am on record as saying I would have preferred Phillip Blake, and I will stand by that. BUT!!! I never thought Konz would fall to us, and I am extremely happy to have him as the centerpiece of our offensive line for a decade or more.

I don't mind when people are fair with their criticism of TD (or anyone else) and can acknowledge a good move when it's there. Unlike several people here that are just born to b***h.

I get a real kick out of all the negative talk about drafting a player who has been injured. Someone please find me a football player at this stage in his career who hasn't had some injury. If he exists, then he's been too busy holding a clipboard or picking splinters and his only threat of injury may come from dropping the gatoraid bucket on his foot.

No one.

No one.

Who are you and what have you done with the real BigRob?

im sorry rob but nobody hates td more than me and i like the pick as well. Im over the injury thing because lets face it. Thats pretty much a prerequisite with td. Not a bad pick for a total moron though im with you rob. Props to td for not ******* this up. There might be hope for this guy after all. This next offseason will prove whether he has the iq and guts to do this job.

dude also showed no strength on his lift...18times...lol think Ryan did that hahahahaha

Since pencil-neck little nerd-dweebs never actually play football, and since you were probably playing Dungeons and Dragons under the bleachers, I'll explain something to you. Don't worry: I'll type slowly and use small words.

Bench pressing does not always equate to functional strength.

Functional strength does not equate to workout numbers.

Watch the man play. Take your man-loving eyes off the QB's shiny-pants butt and watch a real lineman at work. He plays with real, functional strength. Functional strength is as much a product of leverage, leg strength, and sheer determination as anything.

Ever see a OG flat on his back bench-pressing some hapless DT like they're in the WWE? No? Then why are you so concerned with combine bench pressing results.

Watch the man play.

Since pencil-neck little nerd-dweebs never actually play football, and since you were probably playing Dungeons and Dragons under the bleachers, I'll explain something to you. Don't worry: I'll type slowly and use small words.

Watch the man play. Take your man-loving eyes off the QB's shiny-pants butt and watch a real lineman at work. He plays with real, functional strength. Functional strength is as much a product of leverage, leg strength, and sheer determination as anything.

Ever see a OG flat on his back bench-pressing some hapless DT like they're in the WWE? No? Then why are you so concerned with combine bench pressing results.

Watch the man play.

lol yeah anyway didnt Vernon Gholston have a monster pro day?? look where that got him

dude also showed no strength on his lift...18times...lol think Ryan did that hahahahaha

He did 23 at his Pro Day and Nick Mangold only did 24 at the Combine....I bet the Jets are glad they didnt pass on him (late 1st) b/c of "strength" issues...football in the trenches ahas a lot to do with knee bend and leverage....if an OL is trying to extend his arms on a guy, he will get beat....

No one.

No one.

well said, +1

Bench pressure does not equal strength ? WTF are you babbling about ? why do you think they do ..ITS BRUTE STRENGTH ... its a very important lift for Oline...what you want a weak C that cant use upper body and brute strength to push 300 pound DTS ...