Dont Like The 55 Pick At All

Hawley was supposed to be the future Center...

This pick is just stupid, sure he'll be a great center, but you're telling me we couldn't waited and take a center next year?

I'm thrilled not to have to put my eggs in the Hawley basket. Konz can start at RG this year and slide over to C next year.

Hawley was supposed to be the future Center...

This pick is just stupid, sure he'll be a great center, but you're telling me we couldn't waited and take a center next year?

I'm telling you: we could not afford to pass on this guy and take a C next year. Just because that position doesn't appear on a Fantasy Football stat sheet doesn't mean you can ignore the position.

Because of injury concerns, I would have actually preferred Phillip Blake, but Konz is the most talented guy at the position. I'll not knock this pick unless he gets hurt like a Chicago voter: early and often.

This guy will be injured before week 7.

The skinny:

Konz started 50 of 53 games he played at Wisconsin, including 18 at left tackle, which was his position last season. The 50 starts are tied with Bengals guard Clint Boling for the most by an offensive lineman in school history. He had 63 touchdown-producing blocks and 447 knockdowns during his career at Wisconsin. Last season he had 20 TD-producing blocks and 125 knockdowns.

The skinny:

Konz started 50 of 53 games he played at Wisconsin, including 18 at left tackle, which was his position last season. The 50 starts are tied with Bengals guard Clint Boling for the most by an offensive lineman in school history. He had 63 touchdown-producing blocks and 447 knockdowns during his career at Wisconsin. Last season he had 20 TD-producing blocks and 125 knockdowns.

Ok, what's the fat if that's the skinny?

I like this pick . It's not sexy , but it needed to be done . I guess the staff was really ticked about those 4 th and inches . This should help with that little problem . My only concern with Konz is that he's a little too tall for a center , since the inside is all about leverage .

I'm sure that had a lot to play with this pick...

Look at it this way....

This pick is solid for two reasons:

1. If Manawai or Johnson dont look good in TC, Konz could easliy play RG while we suffer a little at C with McLure...

2. If one of those guys steps up and can handle the RG spot, than we have our starting C and we have him for awhile....

I'm sure that had a lot to play with this pick...

Look at it this way....

This pick is solid for two reasons:

1. If Manawai or Johnson dont look good in TC, Konz could easliy play RG while we suffer a little at C with McLure...

2. If one of those guys steps up and can handle the RG spot, than we have our starting C and we have him for awhile....

Exactly...what the heck did anyone think we weren't going to go OL in the first place?????